Kmomo2

Kenya Consulate interviews

644 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
17 hours ago, Edddie&Beatrice said:

Welcome,may it be so the email we received 👇

Screenshot_20210627-164002_1.png

Pls what time of the day did your case showed issued and what time of the day did you get this email?

Timeline

I’m not sure what’s going on with the US embassy Nairobi but I have noticed they’re very slow and don’t do their work.

it will be 1 week tomorrow since my passport was delivered to the embassy and up till now my visa has not been issued.

I don’t know if this is a punishment or something but I think whoever is in charge is very mean and have no idea how what they’re doing is affecting families.

I can’t even breathe anymore, I feel like I don’t want to even go live in the US, been there twice and it’s no biggie, if not for my son, I’ll give up this whole thing and move on with my life somewhere else.

This is totally unfair how they treat people, there’s no reason whatsoever now why my visa hasn’t been issued, they don’t reply to emails and when you call they ask you to send inquiries via email.

The embassy can do better and stop keeping families apart for their own selfish reasons 😡 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
6 hours ago, MercyDom said:

Pls what time of the day did your case showed issued and what time of the day did you get this email?

Thursday around 1pm that's when I checked so it could have been earlier

Friday 11am got email

Monday 11 am got email it's ready for pickup though tracker by around 9:20 was showing ready for pickup

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Edddie&Beatrice said:

Thursday around 1pm that's when I checked so it could have been earlier

Friday 11am got email

Monday 11 am got email it's ready for pickup though tracker by around 9:20 was showing ready for pickup

Thanks, what day was your interview?

Hello all, 

I have a question in regards to my mothers case:

Due to my medical condition, her IR5 case was expedited and its at Nairobi embassy.
The Nairobi Embassy reached out to us to do the medical and asked us to respond back to them once its completed to get the interview date.
My mother completed her medical on June 23rd and per IOM, they sent the report over to them on June 24th. We have been trying to email the consulate for the interview date but we are getting no response at all. Do you guys know how long it takes to get an interview after the medical?? 
Thanks in advance for your help! 

Edited by Sfb86

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sfb86 said:

Hello all, 

I have a question in regards to my mothers case:

Due to my medical condition, her IR5 case was expedited and its at Nairobi embassy.
The Nairobi Embassy reached out to us to do the medical and asked us to respond back to them once its completed to get the interview date.
My mother completed her medical on June 23rd and per IOM, they sent the report over to them on June 24th. We have been trying to email the consulate for the interview date but we are getting no response at all. Do you guys know how long it takes to get an interview after the medical?? 
Thanks in advance for your help! 

They respond to emails when they want and sometimes they lie that they’re waiting for the medicals from IOM even though IOM has already sent it, they’re always so lazy to go through their mail and see what was delivered but don’t worry, you’ll hear something soon because they can’t drag it forever.

My case was expedited too and I’m still waiting for my visa to be issued 

I got my interview about two weeks after medicals and that’s because the embassy will not do their job 

Edited by MercyDom

5 hours ago, MercyDom said:

They respond to emails when they want and sometimes they lie that they’re waiting for the medicals from IOM even though IOM has already sent it, they’re always so lazy to go through their mail and see what was delivered but don’t worry, you’ll hear something soon because they can’t drag it forever.

My case was expedited too and I’m still waiting for my visa to be issued 

I got my interview about two weeks after medicals and that’s because the embassy will not do their job 

Thanks for the update! When did you find out about your interview date? Was it one week prior to the interview date? And did they respond in an email? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sfb86 said:

Thanks for the update! When did you find out about your interview date? Was it one week prior to the interview date? And did they respond in an email? 

It was two weeks prior to the interview date but then I wrote the consulate and told them that my case was expedited and that it took the embassy two weeks to finally say they get my medicals from IOM, I requested for an earlier date and they gave me a week earlier.

Timeline

The US embassy has refused to issue my visa, all they keep saying is keep checking ceac and you’ll receive a dhl tracking number soon once visa is issued.

What they mean by soon I don’t know, it’s going on two weeks now since they received my passport.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I’m losing my mind here 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
6 hours ago, MercyDom said:

The US embassy has refused to issue my visa, all they keep saying is keep checking ceac and you’ll receive a dhl tracking number soon once visa is issued.

What they mean by soon I don’t know, it’s going on two weeks now since they received my passport.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I’m losing my mind here 

Sorry for your experience. 

1. Could your petitioner speak to your congress person? 

2. Could you maybe give it a month, of not checking and letting it be-then follow up after a month? It looks like you are checking every few hours (understandably so) and that can make anyone lose their mind. 

3. Please know that many of us are experiencing the same annoying wait, without any valid explanation. The embassy is not working/progressing CR1 visas at a fast enough pace like the K1 visa. I've seen CR1 people estimating 3-4 months between March 2020 DQs getting interview invites and April interviewees getting interview invites. We have been waiting and are equally very frustrated, to not have been interviewed yet. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
4 hours ago, Kenyan Couple said:

3. Please know that many of us are experiencing the same annoying wait, without any valid explanation. The embassy is not working/progressing CR1 visas at a fast enough pace like the K1 visa. I've seen CR1 people estimating 3-4 months between March 2020 DQs getting interview invites and April interviewees getting interview invites. We have been waiting and are equally very frustrated, to not have been interviewed yet. 

There just hasn't been much information floating around recently about April DQ interviews.  I've heard a couple people getting them, but not like it was when they were processing March.

I don't believe Nairobi is doing any CR1 VISAs by normal processing.   Any CR1s are expedite only.  Any spouse VISAs they issue via regular processing will be IR1 because of how far behind they are.

The May VISA reports are also not out yet.

All of this is very frustrating. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, GregandNatty said:

There just hasn't been much information floating around recently about April DQ interviews.  I've heard a couple people getting them, but not like it was when they were processing March.

I don't believe Nairobi is doing any CR1 VISAs by normal processing.   Any CR1s are expedite only.  Any spouse VISAs they issue via regular processing will be IR1 because of how far behind they are.

The May VISA reports are also not out yet.

All of this is very frustrating. 

You would think they’ll issue IR1 visa but here I am, almost 3 years and still waiting.

I really thought it was finally over when they asked for my passport but it looks like issuing the visa is taking longer than expected.

I think Nairobi embassy is one of the embassies that are not very slow, I hope for everyone who’s waiting that we hear some good news soon.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, MercyDom said:

You would think they’ll issue IR1 visa but here I am, almost 3 years and still waiting.

I really thought it was finally over when they asked for my passport but it looks like issuing the visa is taking longer than expected.

I think Nairobi embassy is one of the embassies that are very slow, I hope for everyone who’s waiting that we hear some good news soon.

On 6/28/2021 at 8:18 PM, MercyDom said:

It was two weeks prior to the interview date but then I wrote the consulate and told them that my case was expedited and that it took the embassy two weeks to finally say they get my medicals from IOM, I requested for an earlier date and they gave me a week earlier.

My mother just got an interview but in September. I am loosing my mind here because my medical condition is deteriorating and I can’t believe its two months later. Its so upsetting to go through this process. I cant believe, even with my expedited case, its such a delayed appointment. Should I reach out to them in an email again? I am really tired of this journey. 😭

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.