Kmomo2

Kenya Consulate interviews

644 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
51 minutes ago, GregandNatty said:

Does anyone have any info on what is going on with interviews at the Nairobi embassy?  

Seems like they aren't really doing much of anything. 

They were doing some K 1 interview in Dec. The opened up a few slots toward end of Dec

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Kmomo2 said:

They were doing some K 1 interview in Dec. The opened up a few slots toward end of Dec

Nairobi is just approving such a small number of family visas.  It is so frustrating.  

Other embassies are doing a far higher number of interviews.  

I just returned from Uganda a on the 4th after a 2 week trip and COVID is largely not an issue there.  Kampala is essentially completely open with some very lax mask and hand washing requirements.  It makes absolutely no sense that everything else is open there, but the embassy isn't doing interviews. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
16 minutes ago, retheem said:

Anyone heard anything about IRI/CR1 interviews? 

This process is a source of premium tears.

--Patiently waiting IR1 applicant

Timeline
3 hours ago, Kenyan Couple said:

This process is a source of premium tears.

--Patiently waiting IR1 applicant

They have started requesting from NVC. Someone i know who was DQd in March got her interview Feb 1st

Timeline
7 minutes ago, retheem said:

They have started requesting from NVC. Someone i know who was DQd in March got her interview Feb 1st

Do you know if this person requested an expedite or was the interview scheduled in a normal fashion?  Many of us here believe that the Kenya embassy is only performing IR1/CR1 interviews for expedite requests.   It would be nice to know if there are people getting interviews in the normal course of it's their turn for an interview.

Edited by GregandNatty

Timeline
54 minutes ago, GregandNatty said:

Do you know if this person requested an expedite or was the interview scheduled in a normal fashion?  Many of us here believe that the Kenya embassy is only performing IR1/CR1 interviews for expedite requests.   It would be nice to know if there are people getting interviews in the normal course of it's their turn for an interview.

Normal processing

Timeline

@GregandNatty There's a facebook group and one lady mentioned that she was DQ'd early March 2020 and has been invited for interview Feb 1st 2021. This is for CR2, Non expedite/Normal processing.

Timeline

Mine was DQ'd on 6th April 2020 so I guess I should be on the look out (IR1)....🤞. Let's all hang in there...

• 06/26/2019 - I-130 priority date
  • 01/08/2020 - I-130 approved
  • 04/02/2020 - DQ (Documentarily Qualified )
  • 07/07/2021 - Interview in Nairobi Kenya (approved)

Timeline
2 hours ago, babito said:

Mine was DQ'd on 6th April 2020 so I guess I should be on the look out (IR1)....🤞. Let's all hang in there...

Please be sure to let us all know when you get your interview.  This will be a good gauge on how fast the Nairobi embassy is moving since they currently seem to be scheduling interviews for those DQ'd in March 2020. 

Timeline

For those who have a significant other in Uganda, how are you doing with the internet blackout?  My wife lives in Kampala and the internet was completely shut off on Wednesday or so.

Timeline

The lady on facebook said it's IR2 that means it's a child of foreign spouse, from statistics I noticed Nairobi has been issuing alot of ir2 making me think that probably cr1 could still be having a backlog.

DQ 23rd March 2020 waiting for interview CR1 hoping to hear from them soon

Edited by Edddie&Beatrice

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Edddie&Beatrice said:

The lady on facebook said it's IR2 that means it's a child of foreign spouse, from statistics I noticed Nairobi has been issuing alot of ir2 making me think that probably cr1 could still be having a backlog.

DQ 23rd March 2020 waiting for interview CR1 hoping to hear from them soon

I don't believe we can draw that conclusion.  It could just be coincidence that there are more IR1 VISAs ahead in line from the CR1 VISAs.   There really seems to be no reason why the embassy would place a priority on IR1 VISAs over CR1 VISAs since they are both essentially the same VISA, but one just gets a 10 year greencard out of the gate.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, GregandNatty said:

I don't believe we can draw that conclusion.  It could just be coincidence that there are more IR1 VISAs ahead in line from the CR1 VISAs.   There really seems to be no reason why the embassy would place a priority on IR1 VISAs over CR1 VISAs since they are both essentially the same VISA, but one just gets a 10 year greencard out of the gate.

The lady said its  Ir2(for children under 21years) not ir1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.