Kmomo2

Kenya Consulate interviews

644 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
38 minutes ago, xkiima said:

They posted some K1 appointments for the last week of December. We got an appointment for the 22nd.

Hi xkiima!

thank you for the head up. We’ve been able to get for the 23rd. Do you have your medical done yet ? We are tryin to get a medical appointment ASAP.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 12/15/2020 at 8:43 AM, Kmomo2 said:

Hi xkiima!

thank you for the head up. We’ve been able to get for the 23rd. Do you have your medical done yet ? We are tryin to get a medical appointment ASAP.

We got one for this Friday, good luck! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 12/16/2020 at 9:12 PM, xkiima said:

We got one for this Friday, good luck! 

Just look at Nov stats I’m beyond livid. These ppl don’t realize our lives have been on hold 

9FEA1232-C0FC-4ABF-A5DF-C5133634B386.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, carolyne said:

Just look at Nov stats I’m beyond livid. These ppl don’t realize our lives have been on hold 

I told you this is a source of premium tears you didn't listen. And the sad part is you can't even speak up for fear of jeorpadizing everything

Timeline
1 minute ago, retheem said:

I told you this is a source of premium tears you didn't listen. And the sad part is you can't even speak up for fear of jeorpadizing everything

So this whole time they’re only working on expedited cases. All these talk about  spousal visas being mission critical is BS. So we get to spend another Christmas without our loved ones.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
8 hours ago, carolyne said:

This really upsets me as well.  I had been suspecting they were only doing expedite cases and since we are seeing such low numbers this seems to confirm it.

Interestingly though, some here on VJ are reporting getting K1 interviews this month.   I can't imagine that the embassy would be doing K1 interviews and not CR1/IR1 interviews as well.  Maybe, just maybe, these people here on VJ getting K1 interviews in December means things are starting to move.   Worldwide, issuing of immigrant VISAs is still waaaay down from a year ago.  Nov 2020 there were 10,000 VISAs issued compared to 40,000 a year ago.  I do think Nairobi is moving slower than many other places, but the entire system is still really bogged down due to COVID.

At the rate things are moving, my wife may get an IR1 VISA instead of a CR1 just because of how long this is all taking.  I'm coming up on 2 years in the first half of 2021.....

Edited by GregandNatty

Timeline
13 hours ago, GregandNatty said:

This really upsets me as well.  I had been suspecting they were only doing expedite cases and since we are seeing such low numbers this seems to confirm it.

Interestingly though, some here on VJ are reporting getting K1 interviews this month.   I can't imagine that the embassy would be doing K1 interviews and not CR1/IR1 interviews as well.  Maybe, just maybe, these people here on VJ getting K1 interviews in December means things are starting to move.   Worldwide, issuing of immigrant VISAs is still waaaay down from a year ago.  Nov 2020 there were 10,000 VISAs issued compared to 40,000 a year ago.  I do think Nairobi is moving slower than many other places, but the entire system is still really bogged down due to COVID.

At the rate things are moving, my wife may get an IR1 VISA instead of a CR1 just because of how long this is all taking.  I'm coming up on 2 years in the first half of 2021.....

Hopefully they can soon get back to regular scheduling since now there’s a vaccine we have waited long enough to be reunited with our loved ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. My fiance had her k-1 visa interview. She was told by the officer that everything looked well/okay/they didn't have any problems with proof of relationship etc. Something to that effect. She mentioned that the officer was pleasant. However, they gave her a yellow 221 g form and asked for her email address. It didn't state any specific documents they needed at this time. They kept her police certificate and did fingerprints and asked if she was ever arrested. The answer is no.  We both have Islamic names. My earnings are well above the threshold and I submitted an affidavit of support, but with 2018 tax returns as the 2019 return had gotten held up. I now have it. Any thoughts on the reason for the 221 g and when it might get cleared?  They did not keep her passport, rather asked where she got it.

Timeline
20 hours ago, Mtu Mzuri said:

Hi everyone. My fiance had her k-1 visa interview. She was told by the officer that everything looked well/okay/they didn't have any problems with proof of relationship etc. Something to that effect. She mentioned that the officer was pleasant. However, they gave her a yellow 221 g form and asked for her email address. It didn't state any specific documents they needed at this time. They kept her police certificate and did fingerprints and asked if she was ever arrested. The answer is no.  We both have Islamic names. My earnings are well above the threshold and I submitted an affidavit of support, but with 2018 tax returns as the 2019 return had gotten held up. I now have it. Any thoughts on the reason for the 221 g and when it might get cleared?  They did not keep her passport, rather asked where she got it.

Have they sent a letter explaining what was missing? I’m thinking maybe it was the taxes coz a friend of mine had to redo the affidavit with the 2019 taxes also K1.

Timeline
22 hours ago, Mtu Mzuri said:

I hope you figure it out. Sending my love.

2 hours ago, carolyne said:

Have they sent a letter explaining what was missing? I’m thinking maybe it was the taxes coz a friend of mine had to redo the affidavit with the 2019 taxes also K1.

Thanks for your reply. Actually today they sent her an emailed form asking for background details like employment previous phone numbers and addresses and siblings. So it seems it's a background check. Hopefully all should be well. She is clean. 

35 minutes ago, Kenyan Couple said:

I hope you figure it out. Sending my love.

Thanks Kenyan Couple. Hope so too. We sent additional information today which they requested via email. So hope all will be well soon. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mtu Mzuri said:

Thanks for your reply. Actually today they sent her an emailed form asking for background details like employment previous phone numbers and addresses and siblings. So it seems it's a background check. Hopefully all should be well. She is clean. 

Thanks Kenyan Couple. Hope so too. We sent additional information today which they requested via email. So hope all will be well soon. 

Then all should be well soon all the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.