Kmomo2

Kenya Consulate interviews

644 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi all,

Also joining you all in the wait. No news from the embassy?

DQ'd for IR1 on 2nd April and waiting. Can't wait also for KQ to resume in OCT 2020.

• 06/26/2019 - I-130 priority date
  • 01/08/2020 - I-130 approved
  • 04/02/2020 - DQ (Documentarily Qualified )
  • 07/07/2021 - Interview in Nairobi Kenya (approved)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
Just now, babito said:

Hi all,

Also joining you all in the wait. No news from the embassy?

DQ'd for IR1 on 2nd April and waiting. Can't wait also for KQ to resume in OCT 2020.

No news still. We emailed them last week and all We got was an automated message. Waiting on that KQ as well!

Timeline

Officially, they have not announced opening. Unofficially though, they have started very limited processing of mission critical visas i.e. IR1/CR1. Someone I know got interviewed; it was not expedited.

Edited by retheem

Timeline
3 hours ago, retheem said:

Officially, they have not announced opening. Unofficially though, they have started very limited processing of mission critical visas i.e. IR1/CR1. Someone I know got interviewed; it was not expedited.

Could you find out the amount of fees paid for the process?
If those fees are -: Medical fees($186?), interview fees ($265?), immigrant fees ($220?)
Are they paid locally, online etc

It would be a great heads up. Asante.

• 06/26/2019 - I-130 priority date
  • 01/08/2020 - I-130 approved
  • 04/02/2020 - DQ (Documentarily Qualified )
  • 07/07/2021 - Interview in Nairobi Kenya (approved)

Timeline
55 minutes ago, babito said:

Could you find out the amount of fees paid for the process?
If those fees are -: Medical fees($186?), interview fees ($265?), immigrant fees ($220?)
Are they paid locally, online etc

It would be a great heads up. Asante.

If you are IR1/CR1, whatever you just need to set the time to go to medical and pay the medical fee( paid to the examiner on the day of medical) plus the green card fee( you can pay before you travel or after arrival to the US). Sleep pretty and the NVC will give you all instructions.

Timeline
6 hours ago, retheem said:

When was their DQ?

Timeline
On 8/11/2020 at 4:54 PM, retheem said:

My estimation would be in the Dec/ Early January range

there's this link showing the issuance of the visa by month n i saw that NRB has only processed 4 CR1 in the month of june.

Timeline
1 minute ago, carolyne said:

there's this link showing the issuance of the visa by month n i saw that NRB has only processed 4 CR1 in the month of june.

google monthly immigrant visa visa issuance statistics

Timeline
1 hour ago, shu josh said:

@retheem But they're still not scheduling interviews even for mission critical. When was this email received?

I saw her post yesterday. So i posted it as received

Timeline
On 7/14/2020 at 2:15 AM, carolyne said:

Haven’t heard anything yet but we just got Dq on  8th July

Have you heard anything yet? We were just DQ'd today so I know it's a little early to be checking. I emailed the Embassy in Nairobi on the 12th of August and got an email response from the Embassy saying:

"Embassy Nairobi is currently only able to resume mission critical and emergency services, which include emergency assistance to American citizens, and visa cases such as adoption cases, spouses and under-21 children of US citizens, among others".

If your visa category fall under this criteria, please submit your case number.

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Mintosman said:

Have you heard anything yet? We were just DQ'd today so I know it's a little early to be checking. I emailed the Embassy in Nairobi on the 12th of August and got an email response from the Embassy saying:

"Embassy Nairobi is currently only able to resume mission critical and emergency services, which include emergency assistance to American citizens, and visa cases such as adoption cases, spouses and under-21 children of US citizens, among others".

If your visa category fall under this criteria, please submit your case number.

Still haven’t heard anything from them

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.