T+E

USCIS Prepares to Decrease Staff by 70% (13 Thousand Workers)

132 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

Yeah, we will file that in coming November and one year later file the N400. I understand they usually combine these later on for final process? If so,  just combine from the onset instead. 

I don't know if that will work. What if there is a divorce or death of the spouse? Then the immigrant is no longer eligible for citizenship but they can still remove conditions. I anticipate a giant mess. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

I don't know if that will work. What if there is a divorce or death of the spouse? Then the immigrant is no longer eligible for citizenship but they can still remove conditions. I anticipate a giant mess. 

Using my timeline as an example.

November 2020 file I-751 removal of conditions 

November 2021 file N-400 citizenship

I understand the USCIS often combine these for final processing already as the I-751 takes a long time and N-400 is received during the waiting period. Just make it a singular process from the onset instead of combining later.

Separately, the I-751 removes the conditions such as marriage so your comment doesn’t apply in this case. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

37 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

I fully believe they need to terminate the I-751 process.  By my calculations less than 1% of ROC cases are actually denied.......just give all spouses a 10 year card......married less than 2 years or not.

I agree but as I understand it, that would require change of the law which is not happening any time soon. 

Thousands of asylum cases don’t help considering they’re processed without fees being charged

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

On 6/25/2020 at 4:02 PM, George & Roth said:

Yeah, we will file that in coming November and one year later file the N400. I understand they usually combine these later on for final process? If so,  just combine from the onset instead. 

There are plenty of people who don’t want to naturalize for a variety of reasons though. What happens to the people who want to keep their legal status but aren’t ready or just do not wish to naturalize?

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

On 6/26/2020 at 3:22 AM, Harold_Oakland said:

I've done the same as you and have contacted my Representative and one Senator (the other would probably shrug it off) here in Colorado. Unfortunately I haven't read anything about a USCIS bailout being talked about. All we can collectively do is write our representatives and hope for the best. It's fascinating that no one will touch this issue in an election year, except to be openly hostile to the notion of legal immigration.

Unfortunately, my wife just filed for naturalization, and it seems that our hope has been lost for any type of result any time this year.

Good luck, everyone.

I'm applying for i-130 and my husband is from colorado. just wanted to say hi. my husband also sent some letters to the congressmen but no body seemed to care.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
4 hours ago, 전은영 said:

I'm applying for i-130 and my husband is from colorado. just wanted to say hi. my husband also sent some letters to the congressmen but no body seemed to care.

Hello and good luck in you journey!

2-24-16 Petition Sent

2-29-16 Petition Received, Lewisville, TX

3-03-16 NOA1

6-03-16 RFE

6-22-16 NOA2

7-15-16 NVC Received

7-19-16 NVC Case Number Received

7-20-16 NVC Status changed to in route

7-21-16 NVC Status changed to Ready

8-07-16 Packet 3 Received

8-07-16 Packet 3 Sent

8-12-16 Packet 4 Received

8-15-16 Medical Interview

9-06-16 Interview

9-06-16 Additional Documents request

9-29-16 CEAC Status Issued - Approved!

10-9-16 Visa in hand

10-11-16 POE Detroit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Curious what will happen with AOS applicants currently in limbo and with cancelled interviews because of COVID 19?  My K1 wife had her appointment canceled in April.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

"U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is dependent on fees from new immigration applications for its operations and is facing a historic budget shortfall."

So like every other government office then.  The fact that I already paid all my fees means nothing if they spend them before providing the service I paid for :(

On 6/25/2020 at 3:59 PM, George & Roth said:

They should eliminate the separate process for 10 years GC and citizenship for those that intend to apply for citizenship. I know they often do combination of these two for the final processing, they should just eliminate the secondary process altogether for those that want to skip right to N-400. Should ease some workload. 

instead of making the AoS green card, make it for 5 years, then you still have the option of citizenship after 3, seems like a good compromise

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Removal of Conditions are just that and I truly don't indertstand the idea why it "should" be abandoned. It would only increase number of fraud applications and other issues.

Citizenship has nothing to do with ROC. It is and must remain a separate process.

None of the above has anything to do with budget issues and shortfalls. How is that possible that the fees are constantly going up and up and yet they still experience shortfall? There are only few explanations:

1. The people that pay fees are subsidizing those that do not. This is not acceptable in an agency that is supposed to be run based on the app fees alone. To make it fair, waived fees should be covered by budget. How's that possible (that some people get fee waivers) when at the same time this country wants to make sure people are will not become a public charge.

2. Poor money management. Like with most federal goverment agencies, there is overspending and overcharging going on at every stage of the process. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Stupid question but it's burning me as I have 2 petitions just submitted and I'm frozen in fear that I'll be in a limbo forever:

Can we start a gofundme or some sort of crowd sourcing for USCIS so that they won't have to furlough so many staff? I know it won't be anywhere close the the $1.2bn they said they need, but hey if it helps even just a tiny bit, I'm happy to contribute my part. 

And can USCIS receive funding through such crowd sourcing fund?

Or, can we start a petition and collect signature so this is going to the White House?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.