29 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, renc78 said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

use this form. Explain your request eg the birth of your child or if there is financial hardship because his/her father isn't there etc. upload any proof eg birth certificate of the baby etc etc

You’re awesome! I’ll do like you said and wait 2 more weeks. Lord’s willing we’ll get an interview by April😩🙌🏾

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bahamas
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Ans said:

I just submitted the expedite Request. It won’t hurt and it’s worth a try

Exactly! They can only say yes or no, but i think you will have an interview date by April

Exactly! They can only say yes or no, but i think you will have an interview date by April

i truly hope so.. was recently diagnosed with postpartum depression and started meds this week. I really believe it’s just because I’m doing it all on my own. With no support since we just bought a home in a new city with no family in the same city 😩 it’s a lot 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bahamas
Timeline

I hope you mentioned that in your request. I suffered from pp depression with my first pregnancy years ago so i can truly empathize.  Id share my email address with you but don’t see how to send a private message on here and im a bit wary of disclosing it on a public forum.

I hope you mentioned that in your request. I suffered from pp depression with my first pregnancy years ago so i can truly empathize.  Id share my email address with you but don’t see how to send a private message on here and im a bit wary of disclosing it on a public forum.

Aww man it’s been soo much! And i don’t know anyone who’s dealt with it.  And yes i did mention that along with proof of my prescriptions in the email. 

• 2 months later...
Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Hi there! Did you all have your interviews as yet? I’m about to start the process with NVC and wanted to get a sense of what wait times look like after getting documentarily qualified. My spouse will need to interview at the embassy in Nassau. Thanks for any information!

4 minutes ago, Ehvbl said:

Hi there! Did you all have your interviews as yet? I’m about to start the process with NVC and wanted to get a sense of what wait times look like after getting documentarily qualified. My spouse will need to interview at the embassy in Nassau. Thanks for any information!

Yes! My husband is here in the US with me now. We were DQ within one week February 19th. about a month After that i sent an email asking for it to be expedited. It was approved and we got an interview for March 29th, but my husband had chest pain and went into the hospital so we had to reschedule. We got a new appointment for April 22nd. The wait time for the physical took Took about to weeks so he did that long before the interview in April. His interview lasted 5 minutes. And he was approved immediately. That was a Thursday, his immigrant visa was at FedEx the following Monday and he traveled here that Saturday May 1st. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ans said:

Yes! My husband is here in the US with me now. We were DQ within one week February 19th. about a month After that i sent an email asking for it to be expedited. It was approved and we got an interview for March 29th, but my husband had chest pain and went into the hospital so we had to reschedule. We got a new appointment for April 22nd. The wait time for the physical took Took about to weeks so he did that long before the interview in April. His interview lasted 5 minutes. And he was approved immediately. That was a Thursday, his immigrant visa was at FedEx the following Monday and he traveled here that Saturday May 1st. 

Wow! Congratulations! So happy you and your family are all together now! I really appreciate the information and this gives us some hope of also being reunited! 

1 minute ago, Ehvbl said:

Wow! Congratulations! So happy you and your family are all together now! I really appreciate the information and this gives us some hope of also being reunited! 

My only advice is have every single thing ever ask for in the website. Have it ready and available. Don’t lie, and only answer what they ask. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.