SanaPK

Immigrant visa refused 221(g) spouse after a year

9 posts in this topic

Here is my story:

Every checklist done and NVC arranged Interview in Islamabad

Immigrant Visa, spouse Interview was on March 2019. At interview submitted my born dead child's birth certificate(Hospital AKU) as stronger evidence. I was given a paper saying "the case is in administrative process from now and your case is refused at this point. The paper I was given which indicates 221(g) pending. Doesn't say exactly what documents are further required.

July 2019 Petitioner (My US citizen husband) contacted Islamabad Embassy through their inquiry website with the question "please let me know if further documents are required" in response to inquiry we have received an email from Embassy stated 

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing to our office.  Your immigrant visa case has been refused under INA Section 221(g) for administrative processing, an integral part of the visa adjudication and issuance process that can neither be expedited nor waived.  Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the amount of time the processing will take and timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case.  The visa application will be reconsidered when administrative processing is complete.

Please be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will process the application to completion as quickly as possible, in accordance with U.S. laws.  We recognize that this process can be frustrating for applicants and regret any inconvenience.  

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Islamabad

I have saved the document which states my inquiry "Please let me know if further documents required".

In December 2019 we have new born baby and my husband came to Pakistan in Feb 2020, we went to US consulate for our baby's CRB and US Passport, all documents submitted for the process.

we were told your pending case in Islamabad will be automatically updated, my husband went back to US end of Feb 2020, after completion of all procedure regarding baby's passport and CRB.

On the following month I went to Consulate again to pick the passport and CRB pick up and it was all done smoothly.  

now after 15 months of the interview we received another email from embassy about case refusal.

Dear Petitioner,

Our records mention that the consular officer ask the applicant to submit documents establishing strong marital relationship with the petitioner but our office never received any response since the day of interview.

Please be prepared to experience significant delays in further processing of your case.  As of March 2020, the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad suspended routine visa services.  We will resume routine services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. 

We appreciate your patience during this time. 

Sincerely,

The Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Pakistan

Please leave your expertise so I may be able to know what actions can be taken now,  in this matter.

Regards

SanaK

1A. Front.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

At your initial interview it appears they requested additional evidence and you didn’t submit, correct?

Did you highlight the above document or did the consulate? 

Did you ever submit a new I864 reflecting the change in household size?

Did you submit the baby’s info only for the purpose of the CRBA or did you submit it as part of your CR1 as well?

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Hi Luckycuds

At your initial interview it appears they requested additional evidence and you didn’t submit, correct?

At the interview they didn't ask me to submit any document except I was told your case is in administrative process and handed this above attached 

letter. This is why I got the impression only I have to wait for the completion of administrative process.

Did you highlight the above document or did the consulate? 
No I didn't highlighted. 

Did you ever submit a new I864 reflecting the change in household size?

No because I was not asked to do so...if they asked I would have submitted.

Did you submit the baby’s info only for the purpose of the CRBA or did you submit it as part of your CR1 as well?

No. I only went to the consulate for baby's CRBA & US Passport, and I was told by the officer at Karachi consulate

it will be updated automatically the spouse visa application in Islamabad and the consulate employee mentioned that

my spouse petition after interview is in administrative process.

Thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I suggest that the petitioner contacts the embassy and attaches the original email conversation regarding AP, and also the white slip you were given since no box appears to be checked to provide more evidence. Did you do your due diligence and check in with the embassy every two months as suggested in the letter?

No I didn't contact the embassy except twice in last 14 months. Because I was under the impression that only I need to wait for the AP thats it.

Specially after the response from the embassy  I became sure there is no need to do anything from my side.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing to our office.  Your immigrant visa case has been refused under INA Section 221(g) for administrative processing, an integral part of the visa adjudication and issuance process that can neither be expedited nor waived.  Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the amount of time the processing will take and timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case.  The visa application will be reconsidered when administrative processing is complete.

Please be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will process the application to completion as quickly as possible, in accordance with U.S. laws.  We recognize that this process can be frustrating for applicants and regret any inconvenience.  

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Islamabad

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
22 minutes ago, SanaPK said:

No I didn't contact the embassy except twice in last 14 months. Because I was under the impression that only I need to wait for the AP thats it.

Specially after the response from the embassy  I became sure there is no need to do anything from my side.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Islamabad

The checked box on the letter you posted as photo suggests otherwise. Anyhow, that ship has sailed. Just have the petitioner respond to the embassy with all prior communication, and have them inquire what’s missing, if anything :)

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Have you responded to the email just received by the embassy?

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

I have filled out inquiry again and mentioned that there was no clear indication about further documents are required. I have attached their email response(screen shot) as - this is what I wrote 

"On July 11, 2019 I have sent inquiry specifically asking  “kindly update if any further

documents are required”, but in email response on July 16th 2019 I did not receive 

any clear answer about document requirement."

Let see now what happened.

Thanks everyone. I'll keep updating.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.