2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, trishytrish said:

Hello. Does anyone know which Medicaid category I should apply under? I have a Prima Facie Determination, I’m in Florida, 40 years old , and have 2 children but they’re both now over 19. Can I apply online or will I have to apply at a in person office? 

You can apply over  the phone, but probably they y will ask a copy of the prima facie.

1 hour ago, sandranj said:

Folks as you know every year I have a meetup with some survivors of abuse, last year was in Central Park, NYC. It was great,t but this year due to the Covid19 I will not meet the survivors, but next summer probably I will have the meetup in Texas. I keep postponing Texas,lol but I have a lot of people there that I handled their Vawa petitions.

This year so far I had 63 VAWA cases approved(Visa Journey's members), plus 98 private cases approved. 60% of the cases from Visa journey's members I worked pro bono.

USCIS, as usual, is acting crazy. I have cases filed in May and June 2019 approved, but I have cases filed in  2018 still pending adjudication, then do not be discouraged if you filed your VAWA in 2018.

You are the best @sandranj thank you for all you do for ua :) 

1 hour ago, sandranj said:

Folks as you know every year I have a meetup with some survivors of abuse, last year was in Central Park, NYC. It was great,t but this year due to the Covid19 I will not meet the survivors, but next summer probably I will have the meetup in Texas. I keep postponing Texas,lol but I have a lot of people there that I handled their Vawa petitions.

This year so far I had 63 VAWA cases approved(Visa Journey's members), plus 98 private cases approved. 60% of the cases from Visa journey's members I worked pro bono.

USCIS, as usual, is acting crazy. I have cases filed in May and June 2019 approved, but I have cases filed in  2018 still pending adjudication, then do not be discouraged if you filed your VAWA in 2018.

Congratulations on your achievement. 

i wish i had known that. But i believe you are still with me.  

2 hours ago, Makanaki said:

Thank you so much for sharing and congratulations.

When I read it earlier today, you brought me rays of hope cos I've almost given up mentally. It seemed my case was not moving. Applied for EAD renewal since March 2019 got nothing. Did another in Oct/Nov 2019 still nothing. In June 2020 I sent in some more evidence and also requested for another prima facie since the initial one they gave me was about to expire, and also requested another EAD renewal, received nothing back. Almost given up in my mind and read your story and it gingered my spirit not to give up.

Only for me to check my mail box today and saw a prima facie for 6 months sent since June 22! I almost cried. Receiving that letter is much better than the total silence. 

The only problem I have now is they sent it to my old address even though I filled in the form for a change of address. It was redirected to my new address by usps. I wonder if I've missed vital mails from them as well since uscis did not update my case online

Please dont give up, the only time I received a prima facie from them was when I filed in 2014 never received any on this case which was filed in 2018 and did not know I could request one until I joined this group. As far as the mails maybe you should try calling to make sure you did not missed any mails. Hope everything works out for you soon.

8 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

NBC usually sends the courtesy letter to ensure you get the outstanding documents together in preparation for your interview before they transfer your case to your local office! Sometimes your case moves forward without you getting any update!😊👍

So does it mean the case was reviewed and was transferred or about to be transferred to the local office? If yes what is approximate time for the next step? I know it's hard to predict but I can't wait to have it done lol

Edited by Boris Britva

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ylx said:

Hi family ! 

Well in june 2020 was approved my Vawa and today my lawyer receive the notice I 693. Butno RFE

She recommend to do the medicals now, but without the RFE I will not be to send it and even tho the results are valid for 2 years,  has to be filled in 60 days... After that is no go.. So what you guys recommend, do the exam now, wait for the RFE, or wait to take it to the interview?

They are charging me $350 For that kind of medicals and Im not looking forward to pay twice due the time limit

Thank you

Wait for RFE for medical, you may not receive one, and will only have your interview letter.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Other Timeline

Is there any legal information if anyone knows: if vawa I-360 is approved (like in my case) - can it be revoked / rejected if trump signs a new immigration executive order (which he will soon) and it will include removal of vawa for immigration purposes? Know that it will be related to “merit based immigration” but still..

I don’t know what to expect from ongoing immigration changes and if trump stays in the office longer...

I am just praying and waiting for the interview...my case was approved 2 weeks ago. Long wait for the I-485 interview to come...

Edited by ponak98

Good evening everyone. Once again I turn to the forum for advice/support. I don't have a case question now, more of a how to cope question.

During my abuse and 5 months after we separated I was extremely depressed and couldn't think about anything but the relationship, my torture, cheating, devaluing and my misfortunes. I couldn't even attend a therapist as I was in denial of what happened and didn't think clearly. With some time, my overall health has gotten a little better and I started researching the VAWA petition. It is such a painful process to think the you're stuck with this trauma for at least a couple of years after filing. All I want is to be a normal 24 year old. I see all my girlfriends having exciting lives and dealing with pleasant work/life problems, achieving goals etc. while all my life is revolving around the petition. I don't have any appropriate support and my life seems so dull and pointless as all I do is immigration. It's my birthday on Saturday and I don't feel good about anything in life right now. and afraid that it will always be like that. It is also sad that at this age people supposed to have their best life experiences. I really hope this is not my best experience haha. On top of everything, I also didn't get promoted at my work since I can't really work due to lack of concentration and any motivation.

Has anyone felt the same? How did you find any joy and strength to move on and not give up? I'm so devastated as there is really noting to look forward to.

I am sorry for such a negative message just really need help. (I am reaching out to therapists now as well)

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
4 hours ago, sandranj said:

Thanks Sandra! Because of people like you the world is a better place :) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
1 minute ago, TBoneTX said:

Rhetorical question:  Who defines "normal"?

You don't know what's going on behind the scenes.  "Men (women) everywhere lead lives of quiet desperation."

Every time you feel sad or overwhelmed, look yourself in the eye (in the mirror) and say, "This too shall pass."  Do it several times, with increasing conviction.  It's guaranteed that you'll feel better afterwards.

Back when the consulate was playing its infernal games with Mrs. T-B.-to-be's visa, I found that violent physical exercise helped.

A great many members here have found solace and strength in their religious faith and conviction.

One day, you'll look back on this time with a sense of peace and relief, because it WILL pass.

Members here will surely reach out to you by Personal Message.  You hang 

27 minutes ago, alena25 said:

Good evening everyone. Once again I turn to the forum for advice/support. I don't have a case question now, more of a how to cope question.

During my abuse and 5 months after we separated I was extremely depressed and couldn't think about anything but the relationship, my torture, cheating, devaluing and my misfortunes. I couldn't even attend a therapist as I was in denial of what happened and didn't think clearly. With some time, my overall health has gotten a little better and I started researching the VAWA petition. It is such a painful process to think the you're stuck with this trauma for at least a couple of years after filing. All I want is to be a normal 24 year old. I see all my girlfriends having exciting lives and dealing with pleasant work/life problems, achieving goals etc. while all my life is revolving around the petition. I don't have any appropriate support and my life seems so dull and pointless as all I do is immigration. It's my birthday on Saturday and I don't feel good about anything in life right now. and afraid that it will always be like that. It is also sad that at this age people supposed to have their best life experiences. I really hope this is not my best experience haha. On top of everything, I also didn't get promoted at my work since I can't really work due to lack of concentration and any motivation.

Has anyone felt the same? How did you find any joy and strength to move on and not give up? I'm so devastated as there is really noting to look forward to.

I am sorry for such a negative message just really need help. (I am reaching out to therapists now as well)

Thanks

Hang in there buddy!

2 years ago that was me. And to add insult to injury I couldn’t find work for 6.5 months after getting my EAD. Even the local grocery store rejected my application and yet I was atleast  expecting them to say yes 😂 My ex didn’t pay up alimony and I was too tired to fight back and so I let things be. Stayed on the right track. Everyone around me seemed to be doing better, had great careers, loving spouses etc. 

But eventually I did get a good job with great benefits, met amazing people in my line of work, enrolled in school for a career change and now finally after all this, I’m ready to find someone worthy of me. Else, who cares, I’m enough for me :) 
And yes, workplace politics will always be there. Don’t worry about promotions for now, concentrate on yourself and be grateful you have a job at least, especially in this economy!  And happy birthday in advance!
feel free to DM me in case you want to talk. 

5 hours ago, Boris Britva said:

So does it mean the case was reviewed and was transferred or about to be transferred to the local office? If yes what is approximate time for the next step? I know it's hard to predict but I can't wait to have it done lol

You're right about hard to predict..especially in these uncertain times! USCIS is doing everything in it's power to stall actual interviews...your case should be at the local office by now..you can contact your representative/congressman to enquire about the status quo!😊👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.