2,967 posts in this topic

Thank you @Stillwinning!!!😊 for your kind words. The hugs do make a difference when I am not able to talk about this with anybody. Yes, I have been an avid reader of this site since it's the only source of information I can get. I feel sorry for complaining and having such a hard time practicing the PATIENCE that this situation requires, when so many of you have waited even longer. I have no reasons to complain but yet these reasons don't seem to help me deal with it. 

I would like to rescind from the services of my attorney at this point. The fact that I need to harass her to get anything done even a renewal of a work permit, makes me think that there is something not right. My Vawa was already approved. My case is clean and RFE was only for good character proof. Her being in my case make it impossible for me to contact USCIS about absolutely anything. No words, no info. This is killing me.

Anybody with experiences with withdrawing their attorney after Vawa was approved and before i-485 was approved? 

Thank you

Filed: Timeline
8 minutes ago, June1888 said:

Thank you for your reply. This is a good question ----I never saw a "your case is ready for interview" status. I think it changed from "Your interview was conducted and your case needs review" to "Interview cancelled" status. I does not make sense. 

I have located the congressperson website. Thank you for the suggestion. I will wait for the notice to arrive before contacting her. 

Ok so you had an interview for the joint AOS package. The status then reflected that and that it needed review. It was placed on hold because you filed VAWA. So a status of interview cancelled can be tied to that. Since its been pending so long in review the system may have set a second interview based on the joint AOS package and it was then cancelled. This is just speculation. You really need the congressperson to inquire and find out where your case it and get it to the local office.

Because your case status clearly says your case is at NBC and your 360 was approved Nov 2019 (which is 9 months ago) it should have been transferred from NBC to your local office by now. It can take a while to transfer but its been 9 months. It needs to get transferred! Once it gets to the local office you will be put in line for an interview.  

Personally I would start the process of reaching out to the congressperson now. As I said you will need to do the release form with them. You may need an appointment to go to their office or they may have reduced hours due to the pandemic. Any of the 3 congresspeople can help you but some are more helpful then others. You can reach out to them now and let them know you are waiting on a notice but still get things set up so that once you get the notice they can move forward with an inquiry rather then waiting for the notice to start the process with them. Hang in there.

15 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Because your case status clearly says your case is at NBC and your 360 was approved Nov 2019 (which is 9 months ago) it should have been transferred from NBC to your local office by now. It can take a while to transfer but its been 9 months. It needs to get transferred!

This is so helpful. I will go ahead and contact the congressperson tonight. So I guess I was right by wanting to inquire about my AOS since Vawa was approved in Nov...

15 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Once it gets to the local office you will be put in line for an interview. 

Will they speed up with my interview when they see my priority date is so behind? 

Thank you very much @Villanelle ❤️

Edited by June1888

45 minutes ago, June1888 said:

Thank you @Stillwinning!!!😊 for your kind words. The hugs do make a difference when I am not able to talk about this with anybody. Yes, I have been an avid reader of this site since it's the only source of information I can get. I feel sorry for complaining and having such a hard time practicing the PATIENCE that this situation requires, when so many of you have waited even longer. I have no reasons to complain but yet these reasons don't seem to help me deal with it. 

I would like to rescind from the services of my attorney at this point. The fact that I need to harass her to get anything done even a renewal of a work permit, makes me think that there is something not right. My Vawa was already approved. My case is clean and RFE was only for good character proof. Her being in my case make it impossible for me to contact USCIS about absolutely anything. No words, no info. This is killing me.

Anybody with experiences with withdrawing their attorney after Vawa was approved and before i-485 was approved? 

Thank you

It's not an easy journey I must say! I look back and thank God for where HE has brought me now. There were nights I couldn't stop crying..But I made sure I prayed more than I worried! I wondered too when it will all end..I was a shadow of myself! My fate and trust in GOD pulled me through! If you are not getting a refund from the attorney..keep pressuring her to do her job! This community is awesome..you get diverse solutions almost like a buffet..you pick what suits you and run with it! Smiles*😊 stay with us!

52 minutes ago, folate said:

Hi All !
Hope you all are doing well and staying safe.
I am waiting for my i-485 interview.
VAWA and i-485 filed together in december 2017,
Vawa approved December 2019(By God's grace ).

This forum has been really helpful.@stillwinning and @sandraj are a great blessing to this forum.

Recently i have been reading of i-485 approvals without interview but couldn't keep a track.

Can you guys reply to this post
whoever got it without interviews so we can keep the count please .

Thanks in Advance warriors !

Feels good to see that people appreciate😊🌹💖 personally makes me feel my efforts are not in vain plus I can't stand seeing people in turmoil! I believe about 3-4 people have come out to testify about the GC approval without interview..the only name I remember is @Iranlucky not sure I spelt that correctly..but yeah it happened for her. Keep your fingers crossed my darling your day draws near!🙏😘

7 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Feels good to see that people appreciate😊🌹💖 personally makes me feel my efforts are not in vain plus I can't stand seeing people in turmoil! I believe about 3-4 people have come out to testify about the GC approval without interview..the only name I remember is @Iranlucky not sure I spelt that correctly..but yeah it happened for her. Keep your fingers crossed my darling your day draws near!🙏😘

Amen !
your replies and comfort helped me always.
Keep up the good work.May God bless you with bounties.

When you receive a courtesy letter about medicals, does it mean your case is at local office? And does  it mean that interview is going to happen soon?
My Vawa was approved in March, but no online updates about case being transferred to my local office, I have contacted my congressperson but no news from them either..

24 minutes ago, monoxidelullaby said:

When you receive a courtesy letter about medicals, does it mean your case is at local office? And does  it mean that interview is going to happen soon?
My Vawa was approved in March, but no online updates about case being transferred to my local office, I have contacted my congressperson but no news from them either..

NBC usually sends the courtesy letter to ensure you get the outstanding documents together in preparation for your interview before they transfer your case to your local office! Sometimes your case moves forward without you getting any update!😊👍

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 hours ago, Sharshar42 said:

I have been a silent reader for about 2 months. I was in another group did not know that there was a vawa group let me tell you my journey started in 2008 I was married to a USC and not until I got to the interview I found out from the immigration officer the my husband was a registered sex offender. I had a 5 year old at the time so I immediately kicked him out. I went to a lawyer in Brooklyn NY took my money did not help me. I was recommending in 2014 to a paralegal in queens he told me about vawa but because did not know what he was doing and also took my money, he wanted me to go to a precinct to get a restraining order and say he physically abused me I said am not doing that because its not true am not gonna lie on someone for a GC. Because we did not have enough evidence they denied me, even though he had that felony he never did anything to me.

I left it alone for 4 years in 2018 I was told about another guy in Brooklyn I went to him he put it back in I got back my work permit a year later right before I went back to renew my work permit I had a friend he went to him to get her daca for her daughter renewed and when she got the receipt from uscis it said vawa on the receipt I said something not right I did not go back to him a month he was arrested I give up again I received a rfe from uscis December 2019 and I said am scared if I dont reply they will deport me I went online and look for a real attorney in Manhattan I went to her not expecting anything because I was told from a lot of real attorneys nothing could be done for me. But God I went to her  January 9th 2020 explained everything to her she said to me you have a case i had cases that had less than you and won she said if you wanna go through it with it come by the 30th of January so we could start working on it. I got a psychologist and letters from friends but I was scared they would deny because they did in the past I had lost all hope thank God and since I joined this group I would read everyday @Stillwinning!!!😊 you give me hope I must thank you! You would say patience my dear and i felt it was me you were talking to.

20200720_235103.jpg

Congrats!  I understand a long journey.  I have been there and now it feels good.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Hi family ! 

Well in june 2020 was approved my Vawa and today my lawyer receive the notice I 693. Butno RFE

She recommend to do the medicals now, but without the RFE I will not be to send it and even tho the results are valid for 2 years,  has to be filled in 60 days... After that is no go.. So what you guys recommend, do the exam now, wait for the RFE, or wait to take it to the interview?

They are charging me $350 For that kind of medicals and Im not looking forward to pay twice due the time limit

Thank you

18 hours ago, Sharshar42 said:

I have been a silent reader for about 2 months. I was in another group did not know that there was a vawa group let me tell you my journey started in 2008 I was married to a USC and not until I got to the interview I found out from the immigration officer the my husband was a registered sex offender. I had a 5 year old at the time so I immediately kicked him out. I went to a lawyer in Brooklyn NY took my money did not help me. I was recommending in 2014 to a paralegal in queens he told me about vawa but because did not know what he was doing and also took my money, he wanted me to go to a precinct to get a restraining order and say he physically abused me I said am not doing that because its not true am not gonna lie on someone for a GC. Because we did not have enough evidence they denied me, even though he had that felony he never did anything to me.

I left it alone for 4 years in 2018 I was told about another guy in Brooklyn I went to him he put it back in I got back my work permit a year later right before I went back to renew my work permit I had a friend he went to him to get her daca for her daughter renewed and when she got the receipt from uscis it said vawa on the receipt I said something not right I did not go back to him a month he was arrested I give up again I received a rfe from uscis December 2019 and I said am scared if I dont reply they will deport me I went online and look for a real attorney in Manhattan I went to her not expecting anything because I was told from a lot of real attorneys nothing could be done for me. But God I went to her  January 9th 2020 explained everything to her she said to me you have a case i had cases that had less than you and won she said if you wanna go through it with it come by the 30th of January so we could start working on it. I got a psychologist and letters from friends but I was scared they would deny because they did in the past I had lost all hope thank God and since I joined this group I would read everyday @Stillwinning!!!😊 you give me hope I must thank you! You would say patience my dear and i felt it was me you were talking to.

20200720_235103.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing and congratulations.

When I read it earlier today, you brought me rays of hope cos I've almost given up mentally. It seemed my case was not moving. Applied for EAD renewal since March 2019 got nothing. Did another in Oct/Nov 2019 still nothing. In June 2020 I sent in some more evidence and also requested for another prima facie since the initial one they gave me was about to expire, and also requested another EAD renewal, received nothing back. Almost given up in my mind and read your story and it gingered my spirit not to give up.

Only for me to check my mail box today and saw a prima facie for 6 months sent since June 22! I almost cried. Receiving that letter is much better than the total silence. 

The only problem I have now is they sent it to my old address even though I filled in the form for a change of address. It was redirected to my new address by usps. I wonder if I've missed vital mails from them as well since uscis did not update my case online

23 hours ago, Maru3789 said:

How long does it take from C31 New card being produced to get an approval notice/ or any further steps?

I received my C31 on April 30 and its been almost 3 months.. :(

Hi there my card was in my hands by march 29 2020 and the approval notice is dated June 12 2020 and received by the lawyer office June 23rd . Im pretty sure yours on the way :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.