2,967 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Cameron.xyz said:

Wow CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! When you getting this card is it going to be a 2 year card that will expire or you get a 10 years card? I am wondering only because I don’t know how many years they will give you in the green cRd.... so happy for you @Kersac

Oh it's definitely a 10yr card. I know that mine is for 10yrs. 2020 through 2030!😊👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Risen said:

Hello..

Here I come again for your help.

I decided to call USCIS today concerning the notice of intend action that was mailed to me but I never recieved it. The officer on call let me understand what the noticed was all about. 

It was all about putting my case back on ready to be scheduled because I made the request for rescheduling when I knew my Abuser wont go with me, and I need time to file Vawa.  

The officer on call told me it will take 60 days before I will get a new interview day.

This implies they have not work on my husband withdraw letter because he wrote them a letter. 

But due to fear, I sent them a letter to hold my application on abayance with tracking number a week ago.

Here is my concerns now

Am planing moving to another state by ending of October, Am not sure I will be rescheduled for another interview before leaving.

Can I go ahead now and send the recipt notice of Vawa to my field office without interview date?

Can I send them notice of charging Address after moving to another state? Or 

Should I wait in my present state till am able to get interview and then give them my Vawa NOA.

Congratulations..

In my opinion, if you can attend that interview in person and give them the notice personally, that will be your best option. But you also have nothing to loose if you mail a photocopy of the receipt notice of VAWA to them with a letter explaining that you have filed VAWA while you wait for the interview

16 minutes ago, Risen said:

Hello..

Here I come again for your help.

I decided to call USCIS today concerning the notice of intend action that was mailed to me but I never recieved it. The officer on call let me understand what the noticed was all about. 

It was all about putting my case back on ready to be scheduled because I made the request for rescheduling when I knew my Abuser wont go with me, and I need time to file Vawa.  

The officer on call told me it will take 60 days before I will get a new interview day.

This implies they have not work on my husband withdraw letter because he wrote them a letter. 

But due to fear, I sent them a letter to hold my application on abayance with tracking number a week ago.

Here is my concerns now

Am planing moving to another state by ending of October, Am not sure I will be rescheduled for another interview before leaving.

Can I go ahead now and send the recipt notice of Vawa to my field office without interview date?

Can I send them notice of charging Address after moving to another state? Or 

Should I wait in my present state till am able to get interview and then give them my Vawa NOA.

Congratulations..

Like Kersac adviced, go in person and hand in the VAWA NOA! You can do both..I'm sure I've said that to you previously..send a copy with the written instruction also attend in person. You have no inkling of how messy those folks can be!💁😏 this is such a relief! Phew!!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kersac said:

Hey guys, I just got case update this morning on my I-485 (green card application) to "New card is being produced". I didn't have to go for any interview. 

My time line is as follows: 

Filed 130 and 485 in NOvember 2016

Filed Vawa on May 18th, 2018, My I-485 was kept on hold. 

VAWA approved November 27th, 2019. 

I did not receive any courtesy letter or any letter saying that my case has been transfered or anything like that

Status of i-485 changed to "Request for additional evidence" on August 17th, 2020 (This came 3 weeks after soliciting help from my senator)

Request for evidence received in mail by me on August 19th, 2020 and it turned out to be request for immigration medical report.

Request for evidence received by my local USCIS office in Dallas (from USPS tracking of my mail) on August 27th, 2020.

Status of I-485 (green card) application Changed to "New Card being produced) on September 2nd, 2020 about 5 mins ago. 

Now, I want to take some time off to thanks so many people who were my sources of support in this group especially @sandranj, @Stillwinning!!!😊 and just about everyone who was of great help. I know I can not list up every one in here who helped but I just want to say thank you all. And for those who are still deep in the struggle, I want to say to you that, the best advise that I ever got from this forum is to be patient. Patience is Key. I wish y'all the very best in this struggle and I will continue to pray for y'all as usual. God bless y'all

Congratulations!! Its great to hear of interview waivers. 🎉 🎊 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kersac said:

Hey guys, I just got case update this morning on my I-485 (green card application) to "New card is being produced". I didn't have to go for any interview. 

I did not receive any courtesy letter or any letter saying that my case has been transfered or anything like that

Status of i-485 changed to "Request for additional evidence" on August 17th, 2020 (This came 3 weeks after soliciting help from my senator)

Request for evidence received in mail by me on August 19th, 2020 and it turned out to be request for immigration medical report.

Request for evidence received by my local USCIS office in Dallas (from USPS tracking of my mail) on August 27th, 2020.

Status of I-485 (green card) application Changed to "New Card being produced) on September 2nd, 2020 about 5 mins ago. 

Now, I want to take some time off to thanks so many people who were my sources of support in this group especially @sandranj, @Stillwinning!!!😊 and just about everyone who was of great help. I know I can not list up every one in here who helped but I just want to say thank you all. And for those who are still deep in the struggle, I want to say to you that, the best advise that I ever got from this forum is to be patient. Patience is Key. I wish y'all the very best in this struggle and I will continue to pray for y'all as usual. God bless y'all

Congrats 🗽

1 hour ago, Kersac said:

Yes oh! less hate and more love. Makes the world a better place. 

And absolutely, there is plenty to eat and drink. The airport is Dallas Fort worth international airport. Just send me your itinerary and I will pick you up at the airport. ☺️

I'm coming too to celebrate💃🏽🍸

4 minutes ago, gurgen said:

Hi all, got one question..

Do we usually get to see the update "your case is ready to be scheduled for interview" for I-485 , or can it come as a surprise and they schedule you a date like a month in advance without getting that update?

That's USCIS favorite prank you just narrated! They can swing you a surprise notice..happens all the time!💁😏 All of the above is a possibility!

3 hours ago, Kersac said:

OMG Congratulations.. so happy for you.. pray for us too. My field office is Dallas too

Congratulations @Kersac

This is great news for so many of us as well! Sharing your happiness. Congratulations 🤩

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
2 minutes ago, June1888 said:

Just out of curiosity, what did USCIS respond to your senator's inquiry? 

USCIS responded to my senator that my case is in Vermont and that they will request for it to be sent to dallas for processing immediately. They also said that due to covid 19, it may take longer than excepted to receive my file in Dallas. However, 17 days later, I got an update on my case and it was a request for additional evidence from my dallas field office. 2 days after the update, I received the request for evidence in the mail and it was requests for immigration medicals. I quickly did the medicals and sent back to immigration and one week later, status updated to "new card being produced"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.