2,967 posts in this topic

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Islanderk said:

Yeah I think maybe my interviewer got reassign, sick, low staff idk.. I'm praying it's not the worst case scenario denial 😭

As other experts suggest, it might simply be a CIS error. Please be there for interview. Even better ifΒ you get GC approval notice without interview. Please hold on to your faith. Sooner than later you will have the magic card in your hand.

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, Islanderk said:

Yeah I think maybe my interviewer got reassign, sick, low staff idk.. I'm praying it's not the worst case scenario denial 😭

@IslanderkΒ - can you please help to understand what has happened? USCIS cancelled the interview?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
1 hour ago, Texas Girl said:

As other experts suggest, it might simply be a CIS error. Please be there for interview. Even better ifΒ you get GC approval notice without interview. Please hold on to your faith. Sooner than later you will have the magic card in your hand.

My interview was due Sept 23 so I'll have to play the waiting game from here. We'll see one I get the notice. Hopefully the best case scenario happens and I get my green card that'll ideal

4 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

@IslanderkΒ - can you please help to understand what has happened? USCIS cancelled the interview?

Yeah I got a notification from my USCIS account saying so and it gave 3 reason as to why they did it

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
1 hour ago, Pinkrlion said:

The paper notice gave an interview date and time?????Β  In this instance I would still attend, and let them turn me away.Β  I have read that this occurred and then people received denial notices due to missed interview.Β Β 

Yes I got the letter in the mail with the interview date and what to bring with me. I will update everyone on what this notice says when I get it

Filed: Other Timeline
13 minutes ago, Islanderk said:

My interview was due Sept 23 so I'll have to play the waiting game from here. We'll see one I get the notice. Hopefully the best case scenario happens and I get my green card that'll ideal

Yeah I got a notification from my USCIS account saying so and it gave 3 reason as to why they did it

Can it be that maybe you just being approved without interview and what are the 3 reasons? Also how long has been the waiting time since I-360 approval?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/29/2020 at 3:28 AM, Hritik Rohail said:

@sandranjΒ Today I got I-360 approval letter which reads as;

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 

"The above petition has been approved. The petition indicates that you, the self-petitioner, are in the U.S and will apply forΒ AOS. You should contact the local USCIS office to obtain form I-485. A copy of this form should be submitted with the application'

But my I- 485 is already pending- Held in Abeyance- at local office. As I been renewing EAD C09 based on the basis of pending I-485 , so I've a reason to assume that I- 485 is pending.Β 

My question is what should I do in such situation ? Thanks

@sandranjΒ  please I need your advice to proceed further.

1 hour ago, Hritik Rohail said:

please I need your advice to proceed further.

Relax, approval notice will always say one of three things:

We will notify you separately for your AOS application
You said you will apply for AOS, you can get I-485 from a local office

You said you will do consular and we'll forward your case to NVC

Β 

Since you're reusing a previously filed I-485 it's possible that's why VSC doesn't have a record of it and didn't give you a notice that they give to concurrent filings. Don't worry, your I-485 is still pending (unless it outright says it was denied) and you can keep renewing the C9 EAD.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

For the people who used a lawyer, did your notices and ead go to the lawyers address? Also, was your biometrics and green card interview appointment based on your address or the lawyer's? Trying to figure out how to advice a friend.Β 

Β 

About mine, I have received my EAD+AP. Waiting to see if my SSN is issuedΒ in the next week or two, if not, I will go in when they open to apply in person like advised here. Finally making progress and it feels great.Β Any other march filers here?

11 minutes ago, Ballerina said:

For the people who used a lawyer, did your notices and ead go to the lawyers address? Also, was your biometrics and green card interview appointment based on your address or the lawyer's? Trying to figure out how to advice a friend.Β 

Β 

About mine, I have received my EAD+AP. Waiting to see if my SSN is issuedΒ in the next week or two, if not, I will go in when they open to apply in person like advised here. Finally making progress and it feels great.Β Any other march filers here?

Notices USCIS will issue two of, one for your lawyer, one for you (well technically one will be a courtesy copy but I've never seen USCIS treat that thing as any different than the "real" original notice).

Β 

The cards they'll only issue one and where it'll go depends on whether box 1.b. on page 3 is checked on G-28. Some lawyers will have them shipped to your home (or other mailing address on file) others will have them shipped to their office. You can always ask what's normal for them and if they'll do it differently for you.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

12 minutes ago, Demise said:

Notices USCIS will issue two of, one for your lawyer, one for you (well technically one will be a courtesy copy but I've never seen USCIS treat that thing as any different than the "real" original notice).

Β 

The cards they'll only issue one and where it'll go depends on whether box 1.b. on page 3 is checked on G-28. Some lawyers will have them shipped to your home (or other mailing address on file) others will have them shipped to their office. You can always ask what's normal for them and if they'll do it differently for you.

So will uscis schedule biometrics /interviewΒ based on her location or her lawyer's? any idea?

23 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Yeah you're right they are the CEOs of been vague! If you want more information as to why the cancellation..you can enquire through your congressman or senator. That's what I do. My attorney and senator were happier than me when my journey came to an end because I was hot on their necks! Lol..I didn't leave any stone unturned!πŸ’

hahahha it feels good to hear this. My attorney mentioned the other day that she "can not wait for that GC approval" 🀣

Β 

12 hours ago, ponak98 said:

Can it be that maybe you just being approved without interview and what are the 3 reasons? Also how long has been the waiting time since I-360 approval?

If the petition is being approved..it will update to card production. USCIS clearly cancelled the scheduled interview for reasons best known to them. We can speculate all we want but I suspect the reps can get a more in-depth explanation/reason. She can take a chance and attend the interview or save herself the futility by enquiring through her reps like I suggested and get to the root of the matter!πŸ’

28 minutes ago, June1888 said:

hahahha it feels good to hear this. My attorney mentioned the other day that she "can not wait for that GC approval" 🀣

Β 

Oh my attorney probably threw a party on my behalf! She had it real hot and adviced I should go ahead and be an attorney myself lol. The firm as a whole won't be forgetting me in a hurry!πŸ’πŸ˜

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.