2,967 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Demise said:

Yeah I can imagine this could happen. Just got stuck to the previous one in the stack wherever they print and mail them out of. Definitely wasn't simply put in the wrong envelope since USCIS uses window envelopes.

What's the address on the notice, if it's yours the law office probably got something intended for one of their clients and your notice and they were nice and just forwarded it to you.

The address in the envelope is my home address....Oh... thank you this is making sense...

Some immigration news explaining what's going on in USCIS and that the delays and backlogs will continue indefinitely until the Congress would chip in some money which they won't looking at how they made a fuss over unemployment benefits:

USCIS Averts Furlough of Nearly 70% of Workforce

Release Date 
08/25/2020

Drastic cuts will impact agency operations for foreseeable future

WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services today announced that the agency will avert an administrative furlough of more than 13,000 employees, scheduled to begin Aug. 30 as a result of unprecedented spending cuts and a steady increase in daily incoming revenue and receipts.

USCIS expects to be able to maintain operations through the end of fiscal year 2020. Aggressive spending reduction measures will impact all agency operations, including naturalizations, and will drastically impact agency contracts.

“Our workforce is the backbone of every USCIS accomplishment. Their resilience and strength of character always serves the nation well, but in this year of uncertainty, they remain steadfast in their mission administering our nation’s lawful immigration system, safeguarding its integrity and protecting the American people, even as a furlough loomed before them,” said USCIS Deputy Director for Policy Joseph Edlow. “However, averting this furlough comes at a severe operational cost that will increase backlogs and wait times across the board, with no guarantee we can avoid future furloughs. A return to normal operating procedures requires congressional intervention to sustain the agency through fiscal year 2021.”

The additional cost savings come through the descoping of federal contracts that assist USCIS adjudicators in processing and preparing case files as well as a myriad of other support activities. Anticipated operational impacts include increased wait times for pending case inquiries with the USCIS Contact Center, longer case processing times, and increased adjudication time for aliens adjusting status or naturalizing. Naturalization ceremonies will continue. Previously, members of Congress requested that agency leadership avoid operational cuts of this magnitude. However, Congress must still act on a long-term solution that will provide USCIS with the necessary financial assistance to sustain the agency throughout FY 2021 and beyond.

On 8/29/2020 at 10:01 PM, Demise said:

I would still give them a call just in case.

I did that stayed on the phone for two hours and they ended up saying there is nothing they can do for my case. I have not gotten no information or help i need. They transferred me to another representative... which said the same thing.. I am getting frustrated of what I need to do now. Looks like there is no more hope for me. I have called the governor's office here where am at. They told me don't get hopes coz right now the only thing they do are with those emergency status. I don't know where to go from here now. I am so frustated right now.

9 hours ago, sandranj said:

If you will continue with your l360,considering it’s pending, then withdraw the l485 filed with your husband, submit a copy of your l360, l485 receipts,and explain briefly why you have two l485 pending .

as of this moment I really don't know what to do I am getting stressed out with all this I tried calling stayed on the phone for two hours and they ended up saying there is nothing they can do for my case. I have not gotten no information or help i need. They transferred me to another representative... which said the same thing.. I am getting frustrated of what I need to do now. Looks like there is no more hope for me. I have called the governor's office here where am at. They told me don't get hopes coz right now the only thing they do are with those emergency status. I don't know where to go from here now. I am so frustated right now.

On 8/29/2020 at 10:01 PM, Demise said:

I would still give them a call just in case.

If you already have a pending Form I-485 based on an approved Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative that the abusive family member filed for you, you may request to convert your Form I-485 so that it is based on your VAWA self-petition. To make this request, you must notify the USCIS field office adjudicating the pending Form I-485 that you have filed a VAWA self-petition or that you will do so within 30 days. You should also provide the USCIS field office with a safe address where we can mail all future correspondence to you.

If you do not submit evidence that you filed a VAWA self-petition within 30 days of requesting to convert your Form I-485, USCIS may make a decision on your pending application based on the original Form I-130 filed by the abusive family member. Otherwise, if USCIS approves your VAWA self-petition, your application to adjust status will be based on the VAWA self-petition instead of the original Form I-130.

If you are outside the United States, please see the Consular Processing page for information about how to apply for a Green Card as a VAWA self-petitioner.

That is on the website... I tried to ask the USCIS representative where is my USCIS field office so I can send a letter to them... I didn't get no answer to that... how will I know where my field office is at?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, Islanderk said:

I agree wholeheartedly.. just feeling like " what's next!!!" Just wish they'd divulge a little bit more information on these notices in our accounts instead of being vague.. like let me know if it was reschedule, need additional information, denial or wavier for interview and green card will be mailed 🤦🏾‍♀️.. This information is worst than no information.. waiting on the paper notice knowing that it's multiple possiblites are a killer

Did you ever receive the paper interview notice?????  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, afterlove said:

I did that stayed on the phone for two hours and they ended up saying there is nothing they can do for my case. I have not gotten no information or help i need. They transferred me to another representative... which said the same thing.. I am getting frustrated of what I need to do now. Looks like there is no more hope for me. I have called the governor's office here where am at. They told me don't get hopes coz right now the only thing they do are with those emergency status. I don't know where to go from here now. I am so frustated right now.

Regardless of what some may suggest, you cannot call and ask about your case.  You are considered a protected file, and will always be considered a protected file. 

USCIS will ONLY correspond with you through written letters to Vermont, through your lawyer, and/or through your Senator/US Representative.  

Edited by Pinkrlion

2 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

Regardless of what some may suggest, you cannot call and ask about your case.  You are considered a protected file, and ONLY they will correspond with you through written letters to Vermont, through your lawyer, and/or through your Senator/US Representative.  

Should it be a certified mail if I will send one to Vermont?

Timeline
27 minutes ago, afterlove said:

If you already have a pending Form I-485 based on an approved Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative that the abusive family member filed for you, you may request to convert your Form I-485 so that it is based on your VAWA self-petition. To make this request, you must notify the USCIS field office adjudicating the pending Form I-485 that you have filed a VAWA self-petition or that you will do so within 30 days. You should also provide the USCIS field office with a safe address where we can mail all future correspondence to you.

If you do not submit evidence that you filed a VAWA self-petition within 30 days of requesting to convert your Form I-485, USCIS may make a decision on your pending application based on the original Form I-130 filed by the abusive family member. Otherwise, if USCIS approves your VAWA self-petition, your application to adjust status will be based on the VAWA self-petition instead of the original Form I-130.

If you are outside the United States, please see the Consular Processing page for information about how to apply for a Green Card as a VAWA self-petitioner.

That is on the website... I tried to ask the USCIS representative where is my USCIS field office so I can send a letter to them... I didn't get no answer to that... how will I know where my field office is at?

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/field-offices

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

Did you ever receive the paper interview notice?????  

Yes I did. So I'm kinda disappointed 🙈. I'm glad to be in this forum.. you all cheered me up

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
2 hours ago, Shroy123 said:

May be they don't have time slots available 😞 

Yeah I think maybe my interviewer got reassign, sick, low staff idk.. I'm praying it's not the worst case scenario denial 😭

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Islanderk said:

Yes I did. So I'm kinda disappointed 🙈. I'm glad to be in this forum.. you all cheered me up

The paper notice gave an interview date and time?????  In this instance I would still attend, and let them turn me away.  I have read that this occurred and then people received denial notices due to missed interview.  

23 minutes ago, Islanderk said:

Yeah I think maybe my interviewer got reassign, sick, low staff idk.. I'm praying it's not the worst case scenario denial 😭

Not at all LOL.😊 Rest assured it's not a denial. Hopefully Sandra has something to say as a legal practitioner with years of experience! The cancellation notice already says everything there is to say reiterating the cancellation. There were a lot of cancelled interviews this period..but let's see what the next steps will be.👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.