2,967 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, afterlove said:

Should i submit another I-360?

What's your freaking situation seriously. I've been reading your posts and I have no idea what's going on.

Did you file I-360, when, was it approved, denied, is it still pending? Did you concurrently file I-485? Did you have I-130/I-485 previously? Come on, if you want an answer you've gotta give us something to work with here. 

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

1 hour ago, Demise said:

What's your freaking situation seriously. I've been reading your posts and I have no idea what's going on.

Did you file I-360, when, was it approved, denied, is it still pending? Did you concurrently file I-485? Did you have I-130/I-485 previously? Come on, if you want an answer you've gotta give us something to work with here. 

I filed for I -360 last year February 2019... i have received a notice about the bio-metric and i did not appear on that said date which is 04/29/2019... my husband and i reconciled and we proceed to the normal processing for green card June last year too. And that is the reason i did not appear on the biometric date. I have my EAD with that I-485... but my interview is cancelled last year December 19, 2019... i didnt know why... until now i have not heard anything about that. My husband didnt change at all and just gotten worst. I do not know what to do... i have passport will expire next year and my ead will expire this year November 2020.

18 minutes ago, afterlove said:

I filed for I -360 last year February 2019... i have received a notice about the bio-metric and i did not appear on that said date which is 04/29/2019... my husband and i reconciled and we proceed to the normal processing for green card June last year too. And that is the reason i did not appear on the biometric date. I have my EAD with that I-485... but my interview is cancelled last year December 19, 2019... i didnt know why... until now i have not heard anything about that. My husband didnt change at all and just gotten worst. I do not know what to do... i have passport will expire next year and my ead will expire this year November 2020.

Was the I-360 denied or is it still pending? Go to USCIS.gov -> check case status -> type in the receipt number. If it's still pending could probably still do a walk-in for the bios or do an infopass and have them take your biometrics there or maybe they'd send you a second appointment notice. The thing about I-360 is that you don't really need biometrics for an approval, you only need them for the EAD that I-360 gives you. So I am actually not sure what they'd do here.

Like I was in a similar situation, just in my case I abandoned an I-601A. They sent me one biometrics appointment notice, I didn't go, a year later they sent me another one, I didn't go, and a bit after that they denied it.

If the I-360 can still be salvaged right now and you can still do biometrics, do it.

If the I-360 was denied then you'll have to refile.

If the I-485 is still pending you can write to whatever service center or field office that has it and have them move it from the I-130 to I-360.

If the I-485 was denied then you'll have to refile. Either concurrently with a new I-360 (if previous was denied) or include a copy of receipt notice if it's pending (or approval notice if it got approved).

As long as you have a pending I-485 you can file I-765 under category (c)(9)( ) to renew your EAD.

Edited by Demise

1 hour ago, Demise said:

Was the I-360 denied or is it still pending? Go to USCIS.gov -> check case status -> type in the receipt number. If it's still pending could probably still do a walk-in for the bios or do an infopass and have them take your biometrics there or maybe they'd send you a second appointment notice. The thing about I-360 is that you don't really need biometrics for an approval, you only need them for the EAD that I-360 gives you. So I am actually not sure what they'd do here.

Like I was in a similar situation, just in my case I abandoned an I-601A. They sent me one biometrics appointment notice, I didn't go, a year later they sent me another one, I didn't go, and a bit after that they denied it.

If the I-360 can still be salvaged right now and you can still do biometrics, do it.

If the I-360 was denied then you'll have to refile.

If the I-485 is still pending you can write to whatever service center or field office that has it and have them move it from the I-130 to I-360.

If the I-485 was denied then you'll have to refile. Either concurrently with a new I-360 (if previous was denied) or include a copy of receipt notice if it's pending (or approval notice if it got approved).

As long as you have a pending I-485 you can file I-765 under category (c)(9)( ) to renew your EAD.

that is the current status for my I-360 that was since last year.

The I-485 How will I do that... What kind of letter should I send them and should I submit documents with that and what kind? I have 2 different kinds of I-485... One is for the I-360... and one is for what I processed with my husband. I attached it over here.

Edited by Ontarkie
removed attachments containing personal information

3 minutes ago, afterlove said:

that is the current status for my I-360 that was since last year.

The I-485 How will I do that... What kind of letter should I send them and should I submit documents with that and what kind? I have 2 different kinds of I-485... One is for the I-360... and one is for what I processed with my husband. I attached it over here.

Okay since you have two pending I-485s you don't have to transfer anything.

The I-360 is still pending, try to do a walk-in for the biometrics. Find the appointment notice and show up uninvited to wherever your application support center is. If they turn you down try to schedule an infopass appointment with USCIS.

1 minute ago, Demise said:

Okay since you have two pending I-485s you don't have to transfer anything.

The I-360 is still pending, try to do a walk-in for the biometrics. Find the appointment notice and show up uninvited to wherever your application support center is. If they turn you down try to schedule an infopass appointment with USCIS.

How will i do that? I mean how will i schedule infopass? I am so sorry... i do apreciate ur time for helping me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 minutes ago, afterlove said:

How will i do that? I mean how will i schedule infopass? I am so sorry... i do apreciate ur time for helping me.

Scroll down to the bottom of that screen that you check your case status you should see it there right next to processing times. It will be under submit and inquiry

15987515799531097611518897233248.thumb.jpg.d29cf068ba860fd25bb223384f32ade6.jpg

Edited by AA.Bailey

4 minutes ago, afterlove said:

These days they no longer let you schedule an infopass appointment online. You'll have to call them at 800-375-5283 and ask them for help because you want to give biometrics for your case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Post edited to removed attachments containing personal information. Please do not post anything with any type of personal information. VJ can be read by anyone and some with not so good intentions.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Just now, afterlove said:

I am worried because it has been since last year...

Relax and remember, the best time to do it with a year ago, the second best time to do it is now. You definitely have a good reason, you loved that ####### and thought that he would change, you're not at fault here.

Just now, Demise said:

Relax and remember, the best time to do it with a year ago, the second best time to do it is now. You definitely have a good reason, you loved that ####### and thought that he would change, you're not at fault here.

Thank you soooo sooo much for ur support... i will do what you told me. And will keep u updated... i wish i can give you hugsss

Just now, afterlove said:

Thank you soooo sooo much for ur support... i will do what you told me. And will keep u updated... i wish i can give you hugsss

Good luck :)

3 minutes ago, Demise said:

Good luck :)

Will let you know... thank u so so much.

16 minutes ago, AA.Bailey said:

Scroll down to the bottom of that screen that you check your case status you should see it there right next to processing times. It will be under submit and inquiry

15987515799531097611518897233248.thumb.jpg.d29cf068ba860fd25bb223384f32ade6.jpg

Thank you for your helpp

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.