2,967 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Hritik Rohail said:

I filled my I-485 along with I-130 in 2017. But when I decided to switch to I-360 , I requested the local USCIS office to hold I-485 till I-360 decision. I kept renewing EAD c C09 on the basis of pending I-485. But in the meantime my abuser withdrew I-130.

I see..so what was the proof that it was held..for me I got an update that my i485 was transferred to Vermont...what did you get?

On 8/3/2020 at 3:26 PM, Ziongirl said:

If I were you I will not withdraw because this abusers never change, they just lie with every nerve in their blood, i would continue with my petition until am done.

If I want to continue this petition? I have not appear on the scheduled bio metric for my case on the letter it says if i did not appear on the said date and time the case is considered abandoned it is dated 04/09/2019. Can I still appeal for my case to re-open it and re-schedule the appointment for the bio metric? how will I continue my case?

or should I file for U-Visa instead?

Edited by afterlove

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I see..so what was the proof that it was held..for me I got an update that my i485 was transferred to Vermont...what did you get?

Nothing except I get renewal of EAD C09  thrice on the basis of pending I-485. Had they denied I-485 I should've been in removal proceedings, to say least about renewal of EAD.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

@sandranj Today I got I-360 approval letter which reads as;

"The above petition has been approved. The petition indicates that you, the self-petitioner, are in the U.S and will apply for AOS. You should contact the local USCIS office to obtain form I-485. A copy of this form should be submitted with the application'

But my I- 485 is already pending- Held in Abeyance- at local office. As I been renewing EAD C09 based on the basis of pending I-485 , so I've a reason to assume that I- 485 is pending. 

My question is what should I do in such situation ? Thanks

6 hours ago, Hritik Rohail said:

Nothing except I get renewal of EAD C09  thrice on the basis of pending I-485. Had they denied I-485 I should've been in removal proceedings, to say least about renewal of EAD.

Slept off! 😴 anyway, the fact that you have been renewing your C9 EAD indicates that the i485 is still pending..if I were you I would ask my rep to find out what's going on with my i485 real quick.. Not that it's denied or anything..but just to find out the status..and location..so you're rest assured it's fine as it should be.👍

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 hours ago, Boris Britva said:

It was transferred to the NBC, later you will receive courtesy letter for medical and then they will transfer it to your local office

I need to do a medical again?

11 hours ago, Hritik Rohail said:

Hi friends,   Today I got approval letter. The first para indicates that my petition I-360 was decided by VSC without looking into my I-485 ( held in abeyance) at local office. Am I right? @Stillwinning!!!😊@Shroy123 and other knowledgeable people please comment. Thanks

You need to submit your i485 but make sure to send it to Vermont not to NbC or local office. They will transfer it to local office

5 hours ago, Hritik Rohail said:

@sandranj Today I got I-360 approval letter which reads as;

"The above petition has been approved. The petition indicates that you, the self-petitioner, are in the U.S and will apply for AOS. You should contact the local USCIS office to obtain form I-485. A copy of this form should be submitted with the application'

But my I- 485 is already pending- Held in Abeyance- at local office. As I been renewing EAD C09 based on the basis of pending I-485 , so I've a reason to assume that I- 485 is pending. 

My question is what should I do in such situation ? Thanks

Okay I just saw this. Its very common dont worry.. you do not need to do any thing. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 hours ago, afterlove said:

If I want to continue this petition? I have not appear on the scheduled bio metric for my case on the letter it says if i did not appear on the said date and time the case is considered abandoned it is dated 04/09/2019. Can I still appeal for my case to re-open it and re-schedule the appointment for the bio metric? how will I continue my case?

or should I file for U-Visa instead?

If you did not go to biometrics appointment and it has been over a year, it is considered abondoned.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

5 minutes ago, afterlove said:

Is there anything I can do? 

Did you file an I-360 and if so what's going on with it. You know what, just give me a full timeline (you can approximate if you don't know exact dates) of all your immigration stuff.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

On 8/28/2020 at 10:46 AM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey..it just means your interview is about to be scheduled! Don't do the medicals now until you have a date! I was about to be scheduled for quite sometime..so you don't not know how long for certain. I'll advice you get the medicals done once you are scheduled!

So for sure I’ll go to an interview.? Or there is still a chance they ask me to send my medical and approve without interview.

1 hour ago, NianAm said:

So for sure I’ll go to an interview.? Or there is still a chance they ask me to send my medical and approve without interview.

While anything is possible, you should prepare your mind for an interview. Interview is not a big deal at all..most times people just go in and out..as long as your VAWA is approved, the rest is just cakes n slices..😛😀

2 hours ago, Sharshar42 said:

I agree had it been 1 month or 2 I would have suggested you go in still but over a year that's a whole different scenario.

Should i submit another I-360?

5 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

If you did not go to biometrics appointment and it has been over a year, it is considered abondoned.  

Should i submit another I-360?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.