2,967 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, June1888 said:

Update on my inquiry with congressperson regarding I-485 suck in NBC. Congressperson contacted USCIS within two days from the day of my email. USCIS tookΒ 7 days to respond. Here's USCIS response:

Β 

image.png.9c4db2ec667a6bd860744b4e4c870ef0.png

Quick question: This letter was signed by the USCIS local office of my city. Does that mean that my case is already in Local Office?Β Or could it be that the case is in queue at NBC?

Β 

Β 

Β 

Since it came from local office then it's most likely in the local office.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
12 hours ago, NianAm said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 Hello dear, I just received this morning an update on my I-485 saying this:

”As of August 25Β 2020, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MXXXXXXXXΒ for an interview.

Β 

We will schedule your interview and send you a notice.

Β 

Please follow any instructions in the notice.”

What is it.? What to get ready.? Do I need to do my medical now.?

When was your I-360 approved? What state are you in? Did you get a transfer notice? If you don’t mind sharing your timeline please.

5 hours ago, Mish20 said:

πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹

Hello beautiful people!!!

Just dropping a line to say hi and say thank you for every member of this family for everything that you do. Whether it's info, venting, advice or comfort.

It's very soothing to know that you're not alone and there is a place for people like us, a shoulder to lean on.

We all know misery loves company and this is the best company anyone, found themselves in misery, can ask for.

Sending virtual hugsΒ  to all in here with a goofy gif to put a smile on at least one face.

Friends Hugs GIF by StoryBots

PS: July 2020 filer, the 10 times a day refresh kind lol. I read all of the Part 18 and 19 pages before posting anything at all. Hope all other newbies do the same:)))

Lol..this made me smile..and I chuckled at '10 times a day refresh kind'πŸ˜€ you are hilarious and I love your personality! Stick around..fasten your belt..it's quite a journey!πŸ’–πŸ’–

3 hours ago, June1888 said:

Update on my inquiry with congressperson regarding I-485 suck in NBC. Congressperson contacted USCIS within two days from the day of my email. USCIS tookΒ 7 days to respond. Here's USCIS response:

Β 

image.png.9c4db2ec667a6bd860744b4e4c870ef0.png

Quick question: This letter was signed by the USCIS local office of my city. Does that mean that my case is already in Local Office?Β Or could it be that the case is in queue at NBC?

Β 

Β 

Β 

Hey June! 'Currently in queue awaiting an interview date' definitely points towards local field office..so yeah the wait begins!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘#progress

8 hours ago, Cameron.xyz said:

Hi everyone....... if anyone can help me...

Β 

Please I need advices, my VAWA i filed in oct 2017 and no approval or RFE yet.Β  Where should I go to for help to the senator or governor?Β  so they will write USCIS because my processing time is very long now.Β  Please... what should I do?

Oh dear..do not despair now..you're not alone there..there are some cases yet to be decided by USCIS. Yeah use up all available resources! I would not choose now..I would run to them all! Godspeed beautiful!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi friends,   Today I got approval letter. The first para indicates that my petition I-360 was decided by VSC without looking into my I-485 ( held in abeyance) at local office. Am I right? @Stillwinning!!!😊@Shroy123 and other knowledgeable people please comment. Thanks

9 minutes ago, Hritik Rohail said:

Hi friends,   Today I got approval letter. The first para indicates that my petition I-360 was decided by VSC without looking into my I-485 ( held in abeyance) at local office. Am I right? @Stillwinning!!!😊@Shroy123 and other knowledgeable people please comment. Thanks

Congrats..just went through my i360 approval notice and the first paragraph reads thus:

'The above petition has been approved. You will be notified separately when a decision is reached on your pending adjustment of status application....'

Β 

Hritik Rohail, what's your question?😊

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
16 minutes ago, Hritik Rohail said:

Congratulations πŸŽˆπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸΎΒ 

04/21/20: IR-5Β Submitted OnlineΒ 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received viaΒ postal mail fromΒ Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: TouchedΒ 

05/15/20: TouchedΒ 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: TouchedΒ 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFEΒ Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

16 minutes ago, Hritik Rohail said:

Congrats, and yeah that's normal. VSC doesn't look at the I-485 unless you're adjusting from T or U visa. They will just decide on the I-360 and then forward I-485 to the field office.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Congrats..just went through my i360 approval notice and the first paragraph reads thus:

'The above petition has been approved. You will be notified separately when a decision is reached on your pending adjustment of status application....'

Β 

Hritik Rohail, what's your question?😊

MIne says...

The above petition has been approved. The petition indicates that you, the self-petitioner, are in the U.S and will apply for AOS. You should contact the local USCIS office to obtain form I-485. A copy of this form should be submitted with the application.

2 minutes ago, Hritik Rohail said:

MIne says...

The above petition has been approved. The petition indicates that you, the self-petitioner, are in the U.S and will apply for AOS. You should contact the local USCIS office to obtain form I-485. A copy of this form should be submitted with the application.

That's normal, they always say "You will apply for AOS" or "It will be forwarded to NVC" depending on which box you ticked, even if you concurrent file I-485.

7 minutes ago, Hritik Rohail said:

MIne says...

Ok..so what's up with your i485..did you file for it? Update me.

10 minutes ago, Hritik Rohail said:

MIne says...

I can only hope it was linked to your i360..wondering why they are not acknowledging it on the approval notice..you read what mine says right? Means they're aware of my i485. I absolutely understand your question.πŸ‘our wordings are different..

Timeline
Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Β 

Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I filled my I-485 along with I-130 in 2017. But when I decided to switch to I-360 , I requested the local USCIS office to hold I-485 till I-360 decision. I kept renewing EAD c C09 on the basis of pending I-485. But in the meantime my abuser withdrew I-130.

14 minutes ago, Hritik Rohail said:

MIne says...

Shroy is probably asleep..perhaps when he comes on he'll tell us what words were used on his approval notice!πŸ’

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.