2,967 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, NianAm said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 Hello dear, I just received this morning an update on my I-485 saying this:

As of August 25 2020, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MXXXXXXXX for an interview.

We will schedule your interview and send you a notice.

Please follow any instructions in the notice.”

What is it.? What to get ready.? Do I need to do my medical now.?

Congrats, you just have to wait for the notice it will explain where and when your interview will be hold. Can you please share your timeline?

On 8/26/2020 at 7:53 PM, MGJ_NY said:

HI Everyone! September 2018 (NYC) filer here, still no updates :( Last update was on Dec 2018, which stated that they received my RFE. I emailed my Senator the other day but their response was my "case was still within normal processing time", which I don't agree with since the website says it's already processing cases filed in October 2018. I'll be calling my district representative tomorrow and see if they could help. Any advice? :(

@MGJ_NY I seriously cannot even believe this right now. I am now just reading your post. How is this even possible? We applied right about the same time, so I just assumed that you had received your approval notice and your C31 card. Some people who filed in 2019 have received their C31 cards. Were you able to reach your rep yesterday? You can pm me anytime ok.

Sending you positive vibes and God's infinite blessings for an instant approval, amen 🙏

3 hours ago, NianAm said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 Hello dear, I just received this morning an update on my I-485 saying this:

As of August 25 2020, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MXXXXXXXX for an interview.

We will schedule your interview and send you a notice.

Please follow any instructions in the notice.”

What is it.? What to get ready.? Do I need to do my medical now.?

Hey..it just means your interview is about to be scheduled! Don't do the medicals now until you have a date! I was about to be scheduled for quite sometime..so you don't not know how long for certain. I'll advice you get the medicals done once you are scheduled!

3 hours ago, Allrounder said:

Hi guys, hope everyone is doing great and keeping safe. Please those who have gone through i485 process after vawa approval, what documents are they asking for initial evidence? This is what I saw yesterday when I was checking my status 

20200828_071908.jpg

Mostly birth certificate. Let us know when you receive it.👍

Hi Everyone - hope all are well and thriving 🙂

I turn to the chat for another advice - now, less process oriented and more life in general.

I have already hired a VAWA lawyer and collected most of the documentation. Before I even started the process I tried to flee away and applied to transfer through work to Canada. They just got back to me and offered a position. (It's more responsibilities and lower pay). I have never been to Toronto and lived in the US for the last 9 years. It seems like a decent option but also I would be tied to this particular employer and the job I don't like for unknown amount of time. Here, I wanted to switch to something different once I file and get my EAD.

What do you guys think? I was wondering if I could file Vawa and leave to go there until it gets approved (hopefully) and then return back. Is i-360 a visa itself? Would it allow re-entry? Can I enter US after I leave and before i-360 approved (assuming I apply for another visa). If I don't file i-360 and leave, I'm scared the abuser will tell whatever he wants to USCIS and I won't have any protection to ever come back.

What would you do?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What's up fellow VAWA Petitioners! Happy Friday to you all!
Can you please tell me if you have seen any recent April 2019 approvals ?

27 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

I turn to the chat for another advice - now, less process oriented and more life in general.

I have already hired a VAWA lawyer and collected most of the documentation. Before I even started the process I tried to flee away and applied to transfer through work to Canada. They just got back to me and offered a position. (It's more responsibilities and lower pay). I have never been to Toronto and lived in the US for the last 9 years. It seems like a decent option but also I would be tied to this particular employer and the job I don't like for unknown amount of time. Here, I wanted to switch to something different once I file and get my EAD.

What do you guys think? I was wondering if I could file Vawa and leave to go there until it gets approved (hopefully) and then return back. Is i-360 a visa itself? Would it allow re-entry? Can I enter US after I leave and before i-360 approved (assuming I apply for another visa). If I don't file i-360 and leave, I'm scared the abuser will tell whatever he wants to USCIS and I won't have any protection to ever come back.

What would you do?

I-360 is not a visa in itself. You can do consular processing after it's approved but basically either you needed to maintain some kind of legal presence and have less than 180 days of unlawful presence, or you need to demonstrate that your unlawful entry or overstay was somehow connected to your abuse. Otherwise you'd need an I-601 like everyone else and to get that you have to prove that your absence from US would cause extreme hardship to a USC/LPR Spouse (obviously not the same spouse), Parent, or Child.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

34 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

What would you do?

I wouldn’t leave US at all. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

dear friends

next week I am planning to submit my work authorization renewal under VAWA c31 so I have a question that the work authorization category should be under c31 

Moreover  I am planning to attach the following annexure with my application under work authorization under category C31.

1) From I-765 form filled and printed with our signature on it.

2) $ 410 fees check

3) Copy of my passport

4) Copy of I360 approval notice.

5) Copy of deferred action granted after the approval of VAWA.

6) Copy of my expiring C31 EAD. (Which is going to expire in Jan 2021).

7) 2 Passport style photographs.

😎 Form G-28 

9) Form G-1145

please send me some suggestion that am I on the right track 

Hi everyone....... if anyone can help me...

Please I need advices, my VAWA i filed in oct 2017 and no approval or RFE yet.  Where should I go to for help to the senator or governor?  so they will write USCIS because my processing time is very long now.  Please... what should I do?

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
5 minutes ago, Cameron.xyz said:

Hi everyone....... if anyone can help me...

Please I need advices, my VAWA i filed in oct 2017 and no approval or RFE yet.  Where should I go to for help to the senator or governor?  so they will write USCIS because my processing time is very long now.  Please... what should I do?

What does your lawyer say? He / she should be able to get you status.  Assuming you have a lawyer...

Edited by onek

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

2 minutes ago, onek said:

What does your lawyer say? He / she should be able to get you status.  Assuming you have a lawyer...

No, I don not have a lawyers. I check my status in the uscis website and still the same thing they are processing it but it is a very long time processing since oct 2017

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Write your U.S. Congressman's office or U.S. Senator's office.  After you fill out their release form, they'll be able to learn answers for you.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.