2,967 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, balo101 said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊

and others,

Β 

Does anyone know if Application Support Center one in the Bronx open on Sunday? When i googled it it does say open on Sunday from 8 Am to 4pm. I do know how accurate that info is?Β 

Β 

Can someone confirm if they know?

Thanks

Hey balo. You will have to take the chance if you live around there...I'm all the way in Queens! You really have nothing to lose by taking the little trip down there and finding out for yourself.😊

6 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey balo. You will have to take the chance if you live around there...I'm all the way in Queens! You really have nothing to lose by taking the little trip down there and finding out for yourself.😊

yes i will surely find out.

It also says it open 24 hours on Saturday. i went there by 9 pm, they were closed. So i was not sure if that info is accurate. I will definitely give a try tomorrow.Β Β 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Hello Folks, I filled my Vawa in second week of August 2018 but no approval yet and no work permit ( My ex-wife is US Citizen) but USCIS website says October 2018 right now. My attorney sent ( out of processing form ) online on July 31, 2020 and no reply since then. My questions are, Can I contact my Senator or can my attorney send another enquiryΒ  ? Or what can I doΒ  Β ? ThanksΒ 

Yes, contact your senator who is under reelection, if any.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Demise said:

You know, weekends are so annoying when you're waiting on a decision that can only be made on a weekday.

I totally understand, but hope is the best medicine!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Pepe3 said:

@demise yes lawyer filed I-485 concurrently with c09 but seeing couple of post, despite of fillingΒ concurrently with c09, Some people are taking more than year to receive EAD which make me worried. Sometimes, I think worst that I need toΒ dropΒ the protective order of my husbandΒ so that he can support me financially till I get EAD which I knowΒ is not wise idea. I was wondering VAWA family how did they support their lifeΒ while waiting EAD. This is really tough position to be in when I can’t even renew my license and not able to work.Β 

Did you raise congressman enquiry yet to get EAD?

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi everyone.

Β 

After receiving VAWA 2 years and 9 months ago, I am preparing for submission of my naturalization application. Apart from divorce decree, is there any other evidence that I should submit?

Β 

Thanks in advance.

12 minutes ago, azalea3 said:

Hi everyone.

Β 

After receiving VAWA 2 years and 9 months ago, I am preparing for submission of my naturalization application. Apart from divorce decree, is there any other evidence that I should submit?

Β 

Thanks in advance.

Hi..most people here are focused on i360...there's probably a thread for this topic..but here...Bring as many as possible of the following: Copy of your passport showing departure and arrival stamps. Copies of income tax returns (or transcripts) for the past 5 filing years (or past 3 filing years if applying based on marriage to a U.S. citizen) Rent or mortgage payment receipts.. You can actually google the USCIS website to see the requirements/needed documentation. The site has more information than we possibly can replicate.πŸ‘Œ

Filed: Other Timeline
1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hi..most people here are focused on i360...there's probably a thread for this topic..but here...Bring as many as possible of the following: Copy of your passport showing departure and arrival stamps. Copies of income tax returns (or transcripts) for the past 5 filing years (or past 3 filing years if applying based on marriage to a U.S. citizen) Rent or mortgage payment receipts.. You can actually google the USCIS website to see the requirements/needed documentation. The site has more information than we possibly can replicate.πŸ‘Œ

Thank you so much. This is actually more than the USCIS website has - it just says "any evidence" apart from copies of green card and divorce decree. Thank you so much.

Β 

13 minutes ago, azalea3 said:

Hi everyone.

Β 

Β 

Thanks in advance.

With the N-400 you only have to submit the following:

1. Copy of your green card or copy of I-90 receipt if you lost it

2. Copy of your most recent marriage related document (so yes the divorce certificate if that's the most recent change, if you remarried then include copy of the marriage certificate)

Β 

There's more things you have to bring the interview (originals, not copies). Check N-400 instructions for a full list.

Β 

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

3 minutes ago, azalea3 said:

Thank you so much. This is actually more than the USCIS website has - it just says "any evidence" apart from copies of green card and divorce decree. Thank you so much.

Β 

Oh I see got you! Congrats dear..counting down to minesπŸ˜€πŸ‘Œ

Hi guys,Β 

Β 

My interview is in a few days and I was going over all the documents the layer has submitted when I noticed that on the I485 on the question: Have you ever been denied a US Visa, the lawyer has answered NO when in fact it should be YES. What do you think I should do?

@sandranj

25 minutes ago, VawaPetitioner said:

Hi guys,Β 

Β 

My interview is in a few days and I was going over all the documents the layer has submitted when I noticed that on the I485 on the question: Have you ever been denied a US Visa, the lawyer has answered NO when in fact it should be YES. What do you think I should do?

@sandranj

You'll go over the questions during the interview. You can correct it then.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

1 hour ago, VawaPetitioner said:

Hi guys,Β 

Β 

@sandranj

Hi dear..wow congrats again..you'll meet with favour just like I did! Amen! Anyway the interview is an opportunity for disclosure and more..so this and anything else you feel should be different should be tabled out there and then. No worries at all. Explain them away. Sending you good vibes from the work place!πŸ˜ŠπŸ™Œ

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.