2,967 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Hello Folks, I filled my Vawa in second week of August 2018 but no approval yet and no work permit ( My ex-wife is US Citizen) but USCIS website says October 2018 right now. My attorney sent ( out of processing form ) online on July 31, 2020 and no reply since then. My questions are, Can I contact my Senator or can my attorney send another enquiry  ? Or what can I do   ? Thanks 

Is this normal having no EAD after 2years of filling? Did you apply EAD under C09? I recently filed VAWA and every single day I’m fighting with my anxiety not knowing where is going to. Will anyone please share EAD timeline who has filed and have card on their hand????? 

3 hours ago, Demise said:

Honestly it takes like 2 years to get I-360 approved. Just keep going to your hearings, the judge will just keep granting continuances until a decision on the I-360 is made. Once you get an approval you can try and request a termination of the proceedings so you can file I-485 with USCIS, if you don't get it you'll file I-485 with the court instead.

If it looks like the judge wants to break procedure and just order you removed then file I-485 with him ASAP.

Thank you for your quick answer !

11 minutes ago, Pepe3 said:

Is this normal having no EAD after 2years of filling? Did you apply EAD under C09? I recently filed VAWA and every single day I’m fighting with my anxiety not knowing where is going to. Will anyone please share EAD timeline who has filed and have card on their hand????? 

Thank you for explaining I’m gonna stay patient and pray for all of us 

19 minutes ago, Pepe3 said:

Did you file EAD C9 under your i485? If not you won't be getting any EAD until your VAWA is approved..only then will you get the C31 under i360.💁

10 minutes ago, Mortaldreams said:

Thank you for explaining I’m gonna stay patient and pray for all of us 

It's good to be patient and do nothing..but great to enquire and get things moving..it doesn't hurt to know what the hold up is about...considering that 2019 cases are being adjudicated. Your choice.💁

33 minutes ago, Pepe3 said:

If you filed a standalone I-360, yes since only EAD you can get is the C31 one upon approval.

If you concurrently filed I-485, hell no, unless your lawyer is a dumbbell they would've included I-765 seeking a C9 EAD, unless it literally fell through the cracks at USCIS somehow.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

15 minutes ago, Mortaldreams said:

It’s ok!  It is  saying master hearing .! Hopefully before April I can get approval vawa and it could be motived me !thx 

Master hearings are just basically 15 minute checks ins with the court (though you'll be there longer due to a lot of people being scheduled at the same time, you'll be like less than 15 minutes at the actual bench, once you're done you're free to leave). There won't be a major decision made during it. It'll literally go like this:

Judge: You filed I-360, what's going on with that.

If pending:

• Lawyer: Still pending.
  • Judge: Okay, your next date is ...

If approved:

• Lawyer: It was approved, we'd like to request a termination of proceedings to file with USCIS.
  • Judge: ICE attorney, do you agree?
  • ICE attorney: Yes/no
    • If yes: Case is terminated.
    • If no:
      • Judge: Okay you'll have to file I-485 with the court, we'll set an individual hearing date for you on ...

Edited by Demise

59 minutes ago, Demise said:

If you filed a standalone I-360, yes since only EAD you can get is the C31 one upon approval.

If you concurrently filed I-485, hell no, unless your lawyer is a dumbbell they would've included I-765 seeking a C9 EAD, unless it literally fell through the cracks at USCIS somehow.

@demise yes lawyer filed I-485 concurrently with c09 but seeing couple of post, despite of filling concurrently with c09, Some people are taking more than year to receive EAD which make me worried. Sometimes, I think worst that I need to drop the protective order of my husband so that he can support me financially till I get EAD which I know is not wise idea. I was wondering VAWA family how did they support their life while waiting EAD. This is really tough position to be in when I can’t even renew my license and not able to work. 

2 minutes ago, Pepe3 said:

@demise yes lawyer filed I-485 concurrently with c09 but seeing couple of post, despite of filling concurrently with c09, Some people are taking more than year to receive EAD which make me worried. Sometimes, I think worst that I need to drop the protective order of my husband so that he can support me financially till I get EAD which I know is not wise idea. I was wondering VAWA family how did they support their life while waiting EAD. This is really tough position to be in when I can’t even renew my license and not able to work. 

When did you file? Current wait time for EADs from VSC is about 4.5 to 6.5 months.

17 minutes ago, Demise said:

Master hearings are just basically 15 minute checks ins with the court. There won't be a major decisions made during it. It'll literally go like this:

Judge: You filed I-360, what's going on with that.

If pending:

• Lawyer: Still pending.
  • Judge: Okay, your next date is ...

If approved:

• Lawyer: It was approved, we'd like to request a termination of proceedings to file with USCIS.
  • Judge: ICE attorney, do you agree?
  • ICE attorney: Yes/no
    • If yes: Case is terminated.
    • If no:
      • Judge: Okay you'll have to file I-485 with the court, we'll set an individual hearing date for you on ...

Woaw that’s impressing me I’m reading at the same time feeling i am in court ..! I have question for you mostly vawa cases are accepting yes Or no? And if we will file 485 in the court how long it’s gonna take ?

okay let me also say this I was in hearing after I submitted I360 that time .. my attorney said to judge we submit 360 and judge asked copy of Receipt 797 and judge was saying you need to apply also 485 to my attorney because I didn’t speak there just sitting and listening them ..! Judge Rescheduled but it was pandemic time and now it’s gonna April ..! But after that my attorney sent to me I485 questionnaire and asking to me do I have recipt 485 because it could be help for fee ! What she said..!! But she didn’t apply 485 or something else ..! I don’t know why she was asking that question or I didn’t know actually what judge said 😌😌😞

Edited by Mortaldreams

Just now, Mortaldreams said:

Woaw that’s impressing me I’m reading at the same time feeling i am in court ..! I have question for you mostly vawa cases are accepting yes Or no? And if we will file 485 in the court how long it’s gonna take ?

okay let me also say this I was in hearing after I submitted I360 that time .. my attorney said to judge we submit 360 and judge asked copy of Receipt 797 and judge was saying you need to apply also 485 to my attorney because I didn’t speak there just sitting and listening them ..! Judge Rescheduled but it was pandemic time and now it’s gonna April ..! But after that my attorney sent to me I485 questionnaire and asking to me do I have recipe 485 because it could be help for fee ! What she said..!! But she didn’t apply 485 or something else ..! I don’t know why she was asking that question or I didn’t know actually what judge said 😌😌😞

VAWA approval rate is about 76% as per USCIS charts. Once I-360 is approved you're basically out of the woods since I-485 only deals with admissibility issues, so as long as you're not a criminal or otherwise barred from adjustment you'll be fine.

It's quite possible the judge asked to file I-485 but the deadline to do that tends to be 10 days before the next hearing. Did you sign any USCIS forms after that first hearing?

1 minute ago, Demise said:

VAWA approval rate is about 76% as per USCIS charts. Once I-360 is approved you're basically out of the woods since I-485 only deals with admissibility issues, so as long as you're not a criminal or otherwise barred from adjustment you'll be fine.

It's quite possible the judge asked to file I-485 but the deadline to do that tends to be 10 days before the next hearing. Did you sign any USCIS forms after that first hearing?

Really I had a lot of anxieties that time sorry I could not remember but I believe I didn’t sign anything..

1 minute ago, Mortaldreams said:

Really I had a lot of anxieties that time sorry I could not remember but I believe I didn’t sign anything..

Being anxious about stuff like this is normal. I personally I'm glad that I'm still young and people in my family age very slowly because my hair would otherwise be completely gray.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.