2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
13 hours ago, Ylx said:

@Islanderk hi congratulations! Im wandering your 360 approuval was Jan 31, when did you submit the file? Did you submitted jointly I360 amd I475 or dis you have this last one on hold from other case.? 

Thanks a lot and good luck!

Yes they were filed jointly. A whole new case from what my husband and I filed in November of 2015, that was a complicated situation.. I went back home during my pending status, had an interview later that year and my green card was approved however because I left the USA without an advance parole I abandoned my process so while the interviewing officer approved it he had to speak to his supervisor and I got in the mail that they denied it because I left the USA without an advance parole. back in May of 2018 Catholic charities submitted both i485 and i360, my i360 was approved January 03. 

Edited by Islanderk
Add additional information

7 minutes ago, Islanderk said:

Yes they were filed jointly. A whole new case from what my husband and I filed in November of 2015, that was a complicated situation.. I went back home during my pending status, had an interview later that year and my green card was approved however because I left the USA without an advance parole I abandoned my process so while the interviewing officer approved it he had to speak to his supervisor and I got in the mail that they denied it because I left the USA without an advance parole. back in May of 2018 Catholic charities submitted both i485 and i360, my i360 was approved January 03. 

Wow! So inspiring! Thank God it's moving along dear!😊

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Wow! So inspiring! Thank God it's moving along dear!😊

Yes it truly is.. what's so amazing too Is that when my i360 got approved my i485 got that same priority date November 2015 I was shocked and floored , I knew that meant that it would help speed up my process. 

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey..sure why not? Whatever floats the boat dear! Contact your senator. Employ every means/resource at your disposal! Hopefully it resolves soon.😊👍

Thanks 

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, Demise said:

Oh hey, we're pretty close in processing times. I sent mine on 8/21/2018 and yeah still waiting.

You can do either, your attorney can email the hotline or send a letter to VSC but from personal experience USCIS will generally just say "The case is in process, wait", in regards to the US Senator they might have a bit more pull in making USCIS make a decision.

In regards to the service request, I've literally never received a response for one, this goes double for VAWA due to the associated privacy protections. What was meant to protect you against third parties like an abusive spouse poking around is instead used to not tell you a god damn thing. Seriously, the VAWA unit might as well be part of the CIA considering how little they'll say.

Thanks 

17 hours ago, sandranj said:

Well it's pretty clear what the USCIS is asking. He failed to prove that he  is divorced. In Nigeria they issue first the divorce nisi and after a few weeks the divorce absolute.

Thanks for the reply @Stillwinning!!!😊  @Demise     can he still go ahead and request for the decree absolute, how will he go about the date? Will it carry a new date ar backdate?

Hey folks I just wanna ask some questions I’m in removal processing , my hearing date on April 2021 it had been two times changed  every change they Rescheduled 8-9 months later so by the way I submitted my 360 it has been almost one year..I got prima facie after submitted but now no change no request as well ..my question is when I will get approval later what should I do? I have attorney but I would like to know as well as ! Can someone explain how is process after that ..!Thank you for kindly answer ..

1 minute ago, Mira20 said:

Thanks for the reply @Stillwinning!!!😊  @Demise     can he still go ahead and request for the decree absolute, how will he go about the date? Will it carry a new date ar backdate?

If the document(divorce absolute) is available he can request it and it will bear the date which is usually 3months after the divorce nissi was issued! If not..it will be determined that his divorce wasn't final and the implication will invalidate his current marital status..and consequently disqualify his qualification of a qualifying relationship for the i360 petition! I hope you understand the gravity of the situation?💁

11 minutes ago, Mortaldreams said:

Hey folks I just wanna ask some questions I’m in removal processing , my hearing date on April 2021 it had been two times changed  every change they Rescheduled 8-9 months later so by the way I submitted my 360 it has been almost one year..I got prima facie after submitted but now no change no request as well ..my question is when I will get approval later what should I do? I have attorney but I would like to know as well as ! Can someone explain how is process after that ..!Thank you for kindly answer ..

Honestly it takes like 2 years to get I-360 approved. Just keep going to your hearings, the judge will just keep granting continuances until a decision on the I-360 is made. Once you get an approval you can try and request a termination of the proceedings so you can file I-485 with USCIS, if you don't get it you'll file I-485 with the court instead.

If it looks like the judge wants to break procedure and just order you removed then file I-485 with him ASAP.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

4 minutes ago, Mortaldreams said:

There are folks who are familiar with procedures pertaining to removal proceedings as they are or were in that situation...hopefully someone gets back to you on that..I have never been in such situation! As for the i360..it takes anywhere from 16 through 24months to be approved! In some very rare occasions more..hopefully yours doesn't tarry that long..obviously some 2019 petitions are already being approved..the less complex your case is, the faster your approval! Let's see what happens in the coming months. Wish you all the best!👌

18 minutes ago, Mortaldreams said:

Also, I can't edit my previous post anymore, is this a master hearing or an individual hearing?

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

It's really different for everyone, but here's how mine went...got courtesy letter July 2019 then interview letter in January of 2020 scheduled for March 2020! I'm sure the pandemic has a lot to do with the delays..you should be hearing from them soon as interviews are beginning to happen!😊👍

Thanks dear you always doing your best to helping all VJ family members 💙

8 hours ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Hello Folks, I filled my Vawa in second week of August 2018 but no approval yet and no work permit ( My ex-wife is US Citizen) but USCIS website says October 2018 right now. My attorney sent ( out of processing form ) online on July 31, 2020 and no reply since then. My questions are, Can I contact my Senator or can my attorney send another enquiry  ? Or what can I do   ? Thanks 

You can wait or follow up. I would say wait little bit more

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.