2,967 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Demise said:

I-360, I-361 is a different form, apparently it's an affidavit of support for an Amerasian.

ย 

In marriage based AOS there's two main forms:

I-130 - Petition for alien relative, he controls this one and he can withdraw it.

I-485 - Application for adjustment of status, you control this one and technically he can't do much about it, but of course it cannot normally be approved without the I-130 being approved.ย 

ย 

He can withdraw the I-130 and you can't stop that, but you can tell them to hold your previously filed I-485 while you get the VAWA done. Then you will transfer the I-485 to the I-360 and it will remain pending until a decision on the I-360 is reached. If I-360 is approved then I-485 will be scheduled for an interview and later approved and you'll get your green card.

This is good news, thank you!

ย 

If/when he does withdraw my I-130, will my I-485 be canceled right away, or do I have a window to say I'm filing for VAWA and avoid staring over?

On 8/20/2020 at 9:58 AM, SamIAm876 said:

Hi,ย 

how did you contact your senator? I went on the website for my senator and I donโ€™t see anything specific about immigration enquiries. I just saw a โ€œGeneral inquiryโ€ boxย 

ย 

thanks in advanceย 

What is your state?

ย 

I visitedย https://www.senate.gov/senators/index.htmย then picked the fist senator listed for my state. It took me to the senator's website. There was a online form to fill in. Followed instructions, signed theย form, and send a letter I wrote to him plus the form signed. That was on Tuesday and today Friday I received a notification that they had already contacted USCIS on my behalf and were waiting for a response. Pretty fast.ย 

1 hour ago, DeadliftingDad said:

This is good news, thank you!

ย 

If/when he does withdraw my I-130, will my I-485 be canceled right away, or do I have a window to say I'm filing for VAWA and avoid staring over?

You do have a window but I'm not sure what it is, it's basically whenever someone takes a look at your I-485 and notices that I-130 was withdrawn. Depending on how fast they're working and sheer luck it can be very long or very short.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi everyone,

ย 

I had a RFE police clearance from birth country. I couldn't find it because they were close due to covid-19.ย 

My deadline line was August 20, so i sent them a paper early august that i got from the court of the first instance of my country saying that I've never been arrested.

ย 

And tadaaaaaa, now i have the paper that they wanted.ย 

What do i do now?

Please ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

1 hour ago, Formykid said:

Hi everyone,

ย 

I had a RFE police clearance from birth country. I couldn't find it because they were close due to covid-19.ย 

My deadline line was August 20, so i sent them a paper early august that i got from the court of the first instance of my country saying that I've never been arrested.

ย 

What do i do now?

Please ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

If its me.

Im just gonna send it to them as well with the copy of the RFE and a cover letter for it.

7 hours ago, Formykid said:

Hi everyone,

ย 

ย 

What do i do now?

Please ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Well, my answer to your PM enquiry hasn't changed. You already know what to do lady!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘Œ

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello Folks, I filled my Vawa in second week of August 2018 but no approval yet and no work permit ( My ex-wife is US Citizen) but USCIS website says October 2018 right now. My attorney sent ( out of processing form ) online on July 31, 2020 and no reply since then. My questions are, Can I contact my Senator or can my attorney send another enquiryย  ? Or what can I doย  ย ? Thanksย 

Edited by i-need-help-pls

1 hour ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Hello Folks, I filled my Vawa in second week of August 2018 but no approval yet and no work permit ( My ex-wife is US Citizen) but USCIS website says October 2018 right now. My attorney sent ( out of processing form ) online on July 31, 2020 and no reply since then. My questions are, Can I contact my Senator or can my attorney send another enquiryย  ? Or what can I doย  ย ? Thanksย 

Hey..sure why not? Whatever floats the boat โ›ต dear! Contact your senator. Employ every means/resource at your disposal! Hopefully it resolves soon.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Oh hey, we're pretty close in processing times. I sent mine on 8/21/2018 and yeah still waiting.

ย 

You can do either, your attorney can email the hotline or send a letter to VSC but from personal experience USCIS will generally just say "The case is in process, wait", in regards to the US Senator they might have a bit more pull in making USCIS make a decision.

ย 

In regards to the service request, I've literally never received a response for one, this goes double for VAWA due to the associated privacy protections. What was meant to protect you against third parties like an abusive spouse poking around is instead used to not tell you a god damn thing. Seriously, the VAWA unit might as well be part of the CIA considering how little they'll say.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Also I'm not sure where you live..but out here in N.Y. senator Kirsten Gillibrand is a star! ๐ŸŒŸ ..at least to me. Everytime she knocked, USCIS opened the door and served teaโ˜•๐Ÿ˜›..I had an amazing experience with her help! The VAWA privacy situation is great!๐Ÿ‘Œย Else who knows what strangers will have information about us at their disposal...it's a no brainer!๐Ÿ’

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

Well, my answer to your PM enquiry hasn't changed. You already know what to do lady!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘Œ

Yes dear i wrote a statement explaining everything. ๐Ÿ™Œ they will understand.ย 

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.