2,967 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Kely said:

I have a question for you all, please. So i concurently filed for i485 and i360 since sept 2018 and i also received a EAD card 4 months later. In may 2020 I received an RFE which i responded to. They received it on july 1st. Now i checked my i360 receipt number online amd it says that "new card receipt number EAC.... is being produced". I am confused as to what that can be,since i already have a EAD card and it was even renewed in march of this year. The category of the card that i have is c9. 

Do you have any idea why they are sending me a new card knowing that i havent even been approved yet?

And @sandranj your inbox is full.

Thank you

Congratulations hun, your approved👏🏼

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

@sandranj@Stillwinning!!!😊 @Shroy123 and other family members.My question is: I checked 'No" to Part 10 line 12 of I-360 form asking for EAD. So after approval of vawa, do I expect  the arrival of EAD C31, or  not ?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hritik Rohail said:

@sandranj@Stillwinning!!!😊 @Shroy123 and other family members.My question is: I checked 'No" to Part 10 line 12 of I-360 form asking for EAD. So after approval of vawa, do I expect  the arrival of EAD C31, or  not ?

2 minutes ago, Hritik Rohail said:

You chose the  option NO, then they will not issue the work permit.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mira20 said:

Please guys, kindly look into the RFE one of my friends received. I have explained to the best of my knowledge  but he wants to hear from the house

20200821_155208.jpg

Well it's pretty clear what the USCIS is asking. He failed to prove that he  is divorced. In Nigeria they issue first the divorce nisi and after a few weeks the divorce absolute.

31 minutes ago, Hritik Rohail said:

No my lawyer also did not checked that box and they did not send me one but my approval letter states that I am allowed to work under the c31 category.

20200821_174830.jpg

I need some input, and this is quite important.

My ex husband just emailed our immigration lawyer about how he wants to dissolve the marriage.  They are meeting on Monday to discuss.  I'm currently working with a VAWA lawyer to get my case in the process, so I don't lose my current position.  In fact, I just had my biometrics yesterday and I was excited to see things moving forward.  

I was wondering if there is a window for me to submit my I-361 to replace my I-130 (at least I think that is the one it is)

Timeline
4 hours ago, neimovirna said:

hi everyone

somebody was asking couple of pages ago if it ever happens for USCIS to mail something to the wrong address, so I am very unlucky person who had to experience this TWICE. 

My lawyers changed their address twice in the last year, and now this all mess I have to go through, because of USCIS not able to correctly update the address under my case.

Couple of weeks ago I received the update about my i360 Approved, and I was so happy, but unfortunately, it was too soon to be celebrating. 3 days ago the status changed again for "The notice was returned to USCIS because usps couldn't deliver it, and this may have a significant effect on your case". Now I am all freaking out, and my lawyer doesn't answer my emails! 

I want to ask here, what can possibly be the effect on my case if they can't deliver the notice? that sentence got me like a panic attack! Can they revoke a decision? 

and another question: is there any way to call somewhere or send an email to USCIS to make sure they do update that mailing address? I don't mind to go there, or call there, whatever, since my lawyer doesn't reply me.

They won't revoke the approval.  USCIS is very messy when changing address.Wait for your attorney to contact you and ask him/her to call VAWA Unit. They will not talk with you but they will talk with your attorney.

8 minutes ago, DeadliftingDad said:

I need some input, and this is quite important.

My ex husband just emailed our immigration lawyer about how he wants to dissolve the marriage.  They are meeting on Monday to discuss.  I'm currently working with a VAWA lawyer to get my case in the process, so I don't lose my current position.  In fact, I just had my biometrics yesterday and I was excited to see things moving forward.  

I was wondering if there is a window for me to submit my I-361 to replace my I-130 (at least I think that is the one it is)

There's two windows:

1. For filing I-360: Within 2 years of the legal dissolution of marriage (via divorce, annulment, or death of the other spouse)

2. For moving I-485 from the I-130 to I-360: You can do it as long as USCIS hasn't made a decision on the I-485. If you think that they're about to, you can write to the field office or service center handling the case to hold it for 30 days while you finish filing your VAWA. Even if the old I-485 gets denied you can always just file a new one, this is more a cost saving measure since the form isn't cheap.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Timeline
On 8/19/2020 at 10:55 PM, Oskar1234 said:

Guys, is it ok if send AR-11 form again ,just in case they didn't change address. Like to remind them.

I didn't get any letter from them that they confirm me I changed my address succesfully from 3 months ago.

USCIS  will not inform they updated your address.

1 minute ago, Demise said:

There's two windows:

1. For filing I-360: Within 2 years of the legal dissolution of marriage (via divorce, annulment, or death of the other spouse)

2. For moving I-485 from the I-130 to I-360: You can do it as long as USCIS hasn't made a decision on the I-485. If you think that they're about to, you can write to the field office handling the case to hold it for 30 days while you finish filing your VAWA. Even if the old I-485 gets denied you can always just file a new one, this is more a cost saving measure since the form isn't cheap.

If I'm reading point 2 correctly:

USCIS hasn't made a decision yet. I don't think they will be soon either.  So I can contact them first thing Monday and ask them to hold my case? So even if husband decides to withdrawl my petition, he can't and I can file my I-361?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

**Screenshot and reply with said screenshot has been removed for containing personal information; please do not post any indentifying information, including full case numbers**

VJ Moderation

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Just now, DeadliftingDad said:

If I'm reading point 2 correctly:

USCIS hasn't made a decision yet. I don't think they will be soon either.  So I can contact them first thing Monday and ask them to hold my case? So even if husband decides to withdrawl my petition, he can't and I can file my I-361?

I-360, I-361 is a different form, apparently it's an affidavit of support for an Amerasian.

In marriage based AOS there's two main forms:

I-130 - Petition for alien relative, he controls this one and he can withdraw it.

I-485 - Application for adjustment of status, you control this one and technically he can't do much about it, but of course it cannot normally be approved without the I-130 being approved. 

He can withdraw the I-130 and you can't stop that, but you can tell them to hold your previously filed I-485 while you get the VAWA done. Then you will transfer the I-485 to the I-360 and it will remain pending until a decision on the I-360 is reached. If I-360 is approved then I-485 will be scheduled for an interview and later approved and you'll get your green card.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Hi folks

i need help  about my  i-485 pettion (i-360 based ).  After  courtesy letter how long to wait for interview bcz they issued me courtesy letter 17 october 2019 than no update yet.

16 minutes ago, ATLANTA1 said:

Hi folks

i need help  about my  i-485 pettion (i-360 based ).  After  courtesy letter how long to wait for interview bcz they issued me courtesy letter 17 october 2019 than no update yet.

It's really different for everyone, but here's how mine went...got courtesy letter July 2019 then interview letter in January of 2020 scheduled for March 2020! I'm sure the pandemic has a lot to do with the delays..you should be hearing from them soon as interviews are beginning to happen!😊👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.