2,967 posts in this topic

Just now, Anjon said:

Yes, that was submitted with the initial submission. I don't have criminal records.

Well then I am stumped and frankly, horrified. I had an RFE for bona fides of the marriage, submitted everything I possibly could, pointed them for things that were in my old I-130 for things I couldn't, and I'm waiting and if you got denied then I am severely concerned my case will be too.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

4 minutes ago, Anjon said:

ok, thank you so much

@Anjon, did you include your spouse proof of USC, is this your 1st marriage and you are not in removal proceedings.  Reading through what you submitted i think you have more than enough evidence but just wait to see the letter and know what next to do. I think @sandraj can have a input on why petitions with this amount of docs can be denied. Hopefully when you see the reason you will be advised on how to go about this. Don't feel down, it may be tough but know that it will definitely get better and you will get your greencard. Know that delay is not denial

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

it's my second marriage and no i was not in removal proceedings. We did have an interview were our case was under review, during that time the abuse was going on, so i sent the vawa based on counsel from an attorney. I also sent an email to Sandra.

Edited by Anjon
update

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I got response from  the Senator office  that my case is under review with one of the officer. My petition I-360 is pending for the last 24 months and VSC received response for  RFE almost 93 days ago. My question is this unusual and I should get ready for adverse decision?  Please help me .

1 minute ago, Anjon said:

it's my second marriage and no i was not in removal proceedings. We did have an interview were our case was under review, during that time the abuse was going on, so i sent the vawa based on counsel from an attorney. I also sent an email to Sandra.

Probably your marriage is the one in question then.

But like i said

Wait for the letter for now and see what it says.

It may take 2 weeks for it to arrive.

I know it is stressful but try to still have faith.

I think i saw and read someone here that applied 3 times for vawa and was finally granted a greencard in the end.

3 minutes ago, Hritik Rohail said:

I got response from  the Senator office  that my case is under review with one of the officer. My petition I-360 is pending for the last 24 months and VSC received response for  RFE almost 93 days ago. My question is this unusual and I should get ready for adverse decision?  Please help me .

if you already inquire through your senator then i think the only thing you can do is wait for their decision.

Keep the faith and think positive.

15 minutes ago, Hritik Rohail said:

Aside contacting the senator I am literally in the same situation as you, I did contact my congressman but got no response thus far. It'll be 2 years as of this Friday and I submitted my RFE response 89 days ago.

Edited by Demise

20 minutes ago, Anjon said:

Was your 1st marriage in your home country, and hope the divorce from your 1st marriage was finalized.  You submitted enough evidence so I don't know what could have gone wrong. When you get the letter then you know what to do

4 minutes ago, Bessly said:

Was your 1st marriage in your home country, and hope the divorce from your 1st marriage was finalized.  You submitted enough evidence so I don't know what could have gone wrong. When you get the letter then you know what to do

If it was in US and prior spouse petitioned for them then USCIS could ask for evidence that the first marriage was legit (since hopping from marriage to marriage to get a green card isn't unheard of) though the RFE would say so, in case of which the lawyer dropped the ball.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Bessly said:

Did the 1st petition for you? Even if that's the case it shouldn't be a reason for denial, people marry and divorce for different reasons 

1 minute ago, Bessly said:

Did the 1st petition for you? Even if that's the case it shouldn't be a reason for denial, people marry and divorce for different reasons 

yes, but we withdrew the case when we decided we could no longer work and agreed to a divorce.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.