2,967 posts in this topic

Guys. I finally retained an attorney to contest this annulment. Was wondering if it’s possible and wise to counterclaim for attorney fees in a contested annulment in Vegas, NV? I kinda do not want to aggravate my husband but The attorney was the one who suggested it but then said he’ll have to research if it qualifies for annulment as with divorces. Does anyone know if one can counterclaim attorney fees in annulment cases? Please and thanks.

Hi everyone here. Am still living with my Abuser and the reason is that I have a small shop where I work for myself is like 2min walk to our apartment. I signed six month lease. I want this lease to expire so that I can get a room apartment for me and my child. 

From the past thread I read is not good to be living with abuser when filling Vawa. please correct me if my wrong.

Since I started a small hand business I leave house very early and come back 6pm in the evening so we hardly meet except when he is off.

I dont want to go to Shelter because of my child school, all the shelters in my town are far away from her school zone and my shop, I have no car for now.

1 hour ago, Risen said:

Hi everyone here. Am still living with my Abuser and the reason is that I have a small shop where I work for myself is like 2min walk to our apartment. I signed six month lease. I want this lease to expire so that I can get a room apartment for me and my child. 

From the past thread I read is not good to be living with abuser when filling Vawa. please correct me if my wrong.

Since I started a small hand business I leave house very early and come back 6pm in the evening so we hardly meet except when he is off.

I dont want to go to Shelter because of my child school, all the shelters in my town are far away from her school zone and my shop, I have no car for now.

Living with your abuser doesn't affect your petition in any way..It's only recommended for your safety and that of your child. If you feel you're in imminent danger..or feel threatened in any way, you should consider a safe location!👍

1 hour ago, Risen said:

There is always an option.

My son was riding a shuttle. From the city where I lived to his school was 30 minutes on the car but it was absolutely ok.

If you ever would need it (which can help you a lot) find a shuttle transportation program. (Mostly for low income or homeless people including woman who lived in a shelter) 

They will pick up your daughter from your location and bring her to school. Than will pick her up from school and bring her home or to after school program. 

Hi all,

I recently posted about receiving a request for evidence. It is about good moral character and currently getting papers ready for my lawyer. Filed Vawa in April 2020.

I filed my travel permit and work permit application in May (pending I-485). I received the notice of action for travel permit, but never for the work permit. My work permit expires on August 20th and my employer said I can't continue working without the extension letter. Should I file again? since my case is under Vawa, I can't even call USCIS and ask for update, right?

Thank you as always :)

14 hours ago, Risen said:

you can visit your leasing office and request them to remove your name from leasing document. They might able to do it. do not tell this to your spouse. 

1 hour ago, NewYork2020 said:

Hi all,

I recently posted about receiving a request for evidence. It is about good moral character and currently getting papers ready for my lawyer. Filed Vawa in April 2020.

I filed my travel permit and work permit application in May (pending I-485). I received the notice of action for travel permit, but never for the work permit. My work permit expires on August 20th and my employer said I can't continue working without the extension letter. Should I file again? since my case is under Vawa, I can't even call USCIS and ask for update, right?

Thank you as always :)

August 20 is it expiration of the card or extension?

If this is a date on the card your notice of action will f

work for 180 days more.

Hello Family,

I got the response below from my congressman. Can anyone please explain if they got something similar? How do I respond to this please. Any assistance will be appreciated...

As you know, my staff and I have been working to assist you. I am enclosing a copy of the final response to the inquiry we made on your behalf. I hope the response will be helpful to you.

USCIS states:

"This email is in reference to your inquiry on behalf of (my name) The existing privacy release is good. We are requesting a privacy waiver of Section 1367. This means that the applicant must expressly state that she or he will waive 8 USC Section 1367 so that we can release their information to you. 

Their waiver should contain a written acknowledgement stating: 

• that 8 USC Section 1367 confidentiality protections prevent the disclosure of the applicant’s information; 
  • that each of the applicants and beneficiaries related to the case are all adults; 
  • and that by each applicant and beneficiary signing the waiver and release, they knowingly waive their Section 1367 confidentiality protections, and are permitting the Member of Congress and staff to be the new custodian of this information"

On 8/4/2020 at 12:14 AM, Elisana said:

Great news!!! I'm super happy 

Does anyone know how long it takes to transfer the pending I485 application to local office? 

Thank you 🙏🙏

Screenshot_20200804-000039_Gallery.jpg

COngratulations Darling!!! you are now one step closer!

just curious how long did it take to get this update for you after your EAD c31 card? if you don't mind sharing your timeline?

thanks!

Hi, Social service came to our house today, through a pediatric clinic that my daughter visited. They came with police, they asked me to excuse them, they asked my daughter about what happened and she explained. They collected my husband number, and when I got home now, he already moved all his things out. 

I dont know what to do now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.