2,967 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2020 at 3:28 PM, Formykid said:

I recieved a recipt for my vawa application Today. 

Edited by Risen

2 minutes ago, Risen said:

I think your post broke.

Well nevermind, good that they finally accepted it.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Hello all, 

My VAWA was approved Oct 2019, I filled for AOS Dec 17th 2019.  Biometrics done January. RFE requested in  March 2020 for birth certificate. RFE received  by USCIS on April 14th and that's it,  I am stuck on that RFE receivedsince then. I have tried contacting via phone and email, USCIS did not give any information because this is VAWA based. I am applying through catholic charity community center and my case manager is absolutely not interested in doing anything.  What can I do? Can someone please help. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Dear Friends

I have a issue going on my VAWA got approved in the month of Feb 2020 and now I am waiting for my green card interview on my c31 my name is correct before that I have 2 work permit under c09 where my name is correct on my last renewal under c09 I mentioned my name incorrectly for example my name LA and I right it as AL do you think I have to contact USCIS and correct my or there is no need of it since once I got my green card the work authorization under c09 has no value.

Need some suggestions feeling extreme depression.

sandra shory any body need suggestion 

29 minutes ago, MYSTIC2429 said:

Hello all, 

My VAWA was approved Oct 2019, I filled for AOS Dec 17th 2019.  Biometrics done January. RFE requested in  March 2020 for birth certificate. RFE received  by USCIS on April 14th and that's it,  I am stuck on that RFE receivedsince then. I have tried contacting via phone and email, USCIS did not give any information because this is VAWA based. I am applying through catholic charity community center and my case manager is absolutely not interested in doing anything.  What can I do? Can someone please help. 

You need to wait. There is no need to stress.. most of us are waiting for our interviews as well.. uscis will send you an interview notice when date is available. You cant do anything about it. Plus you just applied last year. Patience

Just now, Braveheart123 said:

Dear Friends

I have a issue going on my VAWA got approved in the month of Feb 2020 and now I am waiting for my green card interview on my c31 my name is correct before that I have 2 work permit under c09 where my name is correct on my last renewal under c09 I mentioned my name incorrectly for example my name LA and I right it as AL do you think I have to contact USCIS and correct my or there is no need of it since once I got my green card the work authorization under c09 has no value.

Need some suggestions feeling extreme depression.

sandra shory any body need suggestion 

Dont worry.. i think it is not a big deal or you can request for a name change.. no harm in trying 🙂 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Shroy123 said:

You need to wait. There is no need to stress.. most of us are waiting for our interviews as well.. uscis will send you an interview notice when date is available. You cant do anything about it. Plus you just applied last year. Patience

Dont worry.. i think it is not a big deal or you can request for a name change.. no harm in trying 🙂 

How to apply to USCIS since the mistake is committed by me Ie typographical error Ie for example my name is LA but it

mentioned as AL.

ie tge

first name as last and the last name as first

20 minutes ago, Braveheart123 said:

How to apply to USCIS since the mistake is committed by me Ie typographical error Ie for example my name is LA but it

mentioned as AL.

ie tge

first name as last and the last name as first

Hmm i think there is an instruction on your approval letter. Or check uscis website the process should be there

Timeline
Just now, Shroy123 said:

Hmm i think there is an instruction on your approval letter. Or check uscis website the process should be there

Can you please send me the link I didn’t find it I tried but didn’t find it

@Shroy123 I absolutely understand the waiting part my dear. But,  per USCIS they should respond to RFE received within 60 days,  in my case its been more than 4 months.  I am not looking for an approval but I am worried about the delay in processing my case. Is this normal? Are you in same boat? Sorry to ask you so many questions. Thank you. 

7 hours ago, MYSTIC2429 said:

Hello all, 

Hi..I believe you're on course so far..nothing to fret about..stuck on RFE received doesn't mean they're not already working on your case. Most people get stuck at RFE was sent long after they already responded..but yeah still make efforts to know what's up for certain. Everything's going to be alright!😊👍

8 hours ago, MYSTIC2429 said:

Hello all, 

I submitted my birth certificate and was received by USCIS since July 2019. I've not heard back. My vawa was approved 2018 before I applied for AOS

12 minutes ago, msMaya said:

I submitted my birth certificate and was received by USCIS since July 2019. I've not heard back. My vawa was approved 2018 before I applied for AOS

The most they would say is RFE received..but even if they don't give you any update, they will nonetheless continue working on your petition. Like I said a lot of people don't get updates..the case still moves forward! Y'all will be fine!😊🙌

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.