2,967 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

This as discussed earlier is the courtesy letter informing you of the missing medicals in your file. NBC sends out this letter..so yeah your file is at NBC..but mo worries..shortly after they send out the letter they move the file to the local office where your petition joins the queue for interview. There's no way of knowing exactly how long you'll wait..one person might wait for 5months..the next person 12months and so on...best just hold on till something happens!👍

Thank you so much for your response, this journey is just about patience 🙏🏼

2 hours ago, sandranj said:

Your attorney  can ask the Court now to have the removal proceedings "administratively closed", and when USCIS approves  your I-360 is approved then your attorney can ask the Court  to terminate the removal proceedings. 

Thank  you @sandranj. I will definitely. I am in removal proceedings because of my asylum. If she administratively closes , am I gonna be able to get an EAD from USCIS? Because the EAD I'm using is based on the pending asylum in Court. But I always apply EAD with USCIS. And am I gonna be able to reopen it in case I wanna continue with my asylum ? ( don't wish to, just asking for info). Thank you @sandranj

2 hours ago, sandranj said:

Your attorney  can ask the Court now to have the removal proceedings "administratively closed", and when USCIS approves  your I-360 is approved then your attorney can ask the Court  to terminate the removal proceedings. 

Didn't Matter of Castro-Tum basically make admin closure next to impossible? (Well outside the 4th Circuit since they reviewed it in Zuniga Romero v. Barr and ruled that former AG Sessions erred in his interpretation).

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

51 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

Thank  you @sandranj. I will definitely. I am in removal proceedings because of my asylum. If she administratively closes , am I gonna be able to get an EAD from USCIS? Because the EAD I'm using is based on the pending asylum in Court. But I always apply EAD with USCIS. And am I gonna be able to reopen it in case I wanna continue with my asylum ? ( don't wish to, just asking for info). Thank you @sandranj

Honestly even if you can't get a termination or admin closure you can still file I-485 with the court and then you can file a C9 I-765 with USCIS.

The procedure in cases like this is basically:

1. You send only the I-485 form with the fee to a special USCIS lockbox, they'll issue you a receipt notice.

2. You file the complete I-485 application with all supporting exhibits with the court as well as include copy of the I-485 receipt that USCIS gave you to show that you paid the filing fee.

3. You file I-765 with copy of I-485 receipt notice you got from USCIS and evidence that you filed with the court (like a stamped first page of the I-485 packet) with the Chicago Lockbox.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/24/2020 at 9:21 AM, Demise said:

I assume it's a C9 EAD. Just fill out I-765 for a renewal, category (c)(9)( ), attach a copy front and back of the current EAD and a copy of the I-485 receipt notice. If you want travel authorization also fill out and attach I-131 asking for multiple entry advance parole.

There is no filing fee for either I-765 or I-131 in this case.

Also, you and I have a very similar timeline for the I-360. I filed it August 21, 2018, got an RFE on February 27, 2020, and responded to it May 21, 2020. Still waiting.

Thanks i hope we pass this soon and easy, also do i need to send photos.

Just now, AJJU said:

Thanks i hope we pass this soon and easy, also do i need to send photos.

Despite what the form instructions say generally no. That's mainly because USCIS will always just use the photo from biometrics.

I have only once ever seen an RFE for photos and that was for an 11 year old kid, mainly because they're exempt from biometrics.

Timeline
On 8/24/2020 at 9:46 AM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Also you said you responded to your RFE in May..hopefully your case isn't as complicated as some here...if not, you should be hearing from USCIS soon about your approval hopefully..rooting for you!😘😀👌

I replied to the RFE  bonafide marriage    i didn't have any joint bank account statements or house lease or any thing..... just had a police report and car insurance papers and credit card statements of same address . and whatsapp chat history with some photos.    

On 8/24/2020 at 9:10 AM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hi dear😊..remember you are allowed to file up to 180days prior to expiration..not sure about more than the specified time. So basically....

Fee payment, unless required or waived...C9 usually requires no fee if there is a pending i485. C31 requires payment.
  • Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
  • A copy your i485 NOA.
  • A copy of your last EAD (front and back), if available.
  • 2 identical photographs

Photos are required ????????????????????? i didn't any photos earlier

Edited by AJJU

1 minute ago, AJJU said:

I replied to the RFE  bonafide marriage    i didn't have any joint bank account statements or house lease or any thing..... just had a police report and bank statements car insurance papers and credit card statements of same address . and whatsapp chat history with some photos.    

Yeah I had the same thing. Submitted our IDs, bank statements with a lot of items distinguished, gift receipts, ring receipts, college transcripts, and a bunch of other things.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Demise said:

Yeah I had the same thing. Submitted our IDs, bank statements with a lot of items distinguished, gift receipts, ring receipts, college transcripts, and a bunch of other things.

Do i need to send photos with i765 for renewal ?

Just now, AJJU said:

Do i need to send photos with i765 for renewal ?

No, they'll make you retake biometrics or re-use old ones. Generally the biometrics are good for 18 months but they've been reusing older ones because of the coronavirus. I filed my DACA renewal recently and had them waived with biometrics that are almost like 2.5 years old.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Demise said:

No, they'll make you retake biometrics or re-use old ones. Generally the biometrics are good for 18 months but they've been reusing older ones because of the coronavirus. I filed my DACA renewal recently and had them waived with biometrics that are almost like 2.5 years old.

also not need to add fees check ? 

8 minutes ago, AJJU said:

I replied to the RFE  bonafide marriage    i didn't have any joint bank account statements or house lease or any thing..... just had a police report and car insurance papers and credit card statements of same address . and whatsapp chat history with some photos.    

Hey you😊 anyways you should submit what you have and include in your affidavit why you do not have other evidences, USCIS likes to know this..it's as good as evidence! Statements from third parties are useful too. For the photos, my attorney always included it..USCIS always states it but it's not mandatory..as we've seen over time so don't sweat it dear. Let me know if there's any confusion.👌

45 minutes ago, AJJU said:

I have discovered that your personal affidavit is very powerful in this petition. It helps USCIS see in depth and in a wider scope your situation in general. This helps them make a more informed decision. I had an RFE for bonafide marriage, good moral character and shared residence.. Didn't really have much docs due to my personal situation so I wrote my heart out! You know the rest..😊 make certain you explain in detail why you do not have evidences you ordinarily should have as a married couple living together..It is a lifeline!👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.