2,967 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Sharshar42 said:

Is it because each state is different? Some states might be a lot more cases than some?

Depends on the work load in each field office...NYC is the craziest..but I believe the current delay had to do with the pandemic. Hopefully they are back now to serve!👍

On 8/21/2020 at 8:27 PM, June1888 said:

What is your state?

I visited https://www.senate.gov/senators/index.htm then picked the fist senator listed for my state. It took me to the senator's website. There was a online form to fill in. Followed instructions, signed the form, and send a letter I wrote to him plus the form signed. That was on Tuesday and today Friday I received a notification that they had already contacted USCIS on my behalf and were waiting for a response. Pretty fast. 

I’m in NY, I contacted a senator here and she was no help. The person that called me back said something about it being a federal issue, idk what they’re talking. And the Congressman here is the worse, they never respond to anything idk who elected them.  Im about to try and contact another senators office. 

Filed: Other Timeline
4 hours ago, Engineering-rocks said:

So with my I360 being approved Jan 31, 2020 and NBC sending me a courtesy letter dated April 22, 2020 an update from my congressman as of August 2020 is that my case is still in NBC. Almost 7 months since approval and I'm still not even in line for the interview to happen😑

Sorry to hear -  have you received a courtesy letter on medicals or else like I just got?

Praying for your case to move as fast as possible 

5 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

This is an actual courtesy letter. I have this document from last year..it's possible you can get scheduled this year..or most likely early next year! I know how you feel..wanna get it done and over with!😀 I always advice patience..patience! It will happen!👍

Thank you again and hope for it...

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, ponak98 said:

Dear friends - my I-360 case was approved in July 2020. Received I-693 deficiency notice attached/below. Has anyone received before and what this can mean (processing of I-485 soon, upcoming interview or none of the above?). My lawyer strongly advised me to not do medical exam until after interview is scheduled. Not sure how it is now with approvals coming without interviews.

493458A5-0330-4B61-BD45-FCE2940F2B62.png

I have that letter since oct 2019 and still waiting interview notice💀

1 hour ago, ATLANTA1 said:

I have that letter since oct 2019 and still waiting interview notice💀

Sorry to hear. Have you done your medicals yet and how long does it take to get these done? Did my I-130’s ones and remember it was time consuming - like 2-4 weeks.

An update on my lost EAD receipt: I filled out an eRequest for "notice lost". In the details section gave then the AP receipt number (we had filed for both together), told them that the receipt for EAD never arrived, and asked to get a copy. Today my attorney received a letter saying that they can not respond to unidentified requests BUT they attached a copy of the missing receipt :)

Here's the link to inquire for lost notices:

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do;jsessionid=E3D23031FD0D4195AB5CAF805835BF49?sroPageType=ndn&entryPoint=init

Hello family, I hope everyone is safe and healthy!!

I’m here this time to ask if  anyone else has received this letter?
  Today this letter arrived in my mail.
  I sent my complete package in July 2018
  My Vawa was approved in February 2020, the next day I received a notification that my I-485 had been received at my local office but now I am confused that I receive this letter from NBC, does it mean that my folder is not in local office?
  I have already been waiting 6 months for an interview, my local office is Boston Massachusetts, is there somebody  from the same local office? After this letter, how long it will usually take to get an interview? 

thank you in advance for your always support and help, God bless you all!! 

348A12AA-9EE6-4597-812B-CE0AD3A9E1FC.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, ponak98 said:

Sorry to hear -  have you received a courtesy letter on medicals or else like I just got?

Praying for your case to move as fast as possible 

Thank you so much!

Yes I received courtesy letter about medicals in April 2020.

15 minutes ago, GodIsGood2 said:

My Vawa was approved in February 2020, the next day I received a notification that my I-485 had been received at my local office but now I am confused that I receive this letter from NBC, does it mean that my folder is not in local office?
  I have already been waiting 6 months for an interview, my local office is Boston Massachusetts, is there somebody  from the same local office? After this letter, how long it will usually take to get an interview? 

This as discussed earlier is the courtesy letter informing you of the missing medicals in your file. NBC sends out this letter..so yeah your file is at NBC..but mo worries..shortly after they send out the letter they move the file to the local office where your petition joins the queue for interview. There's no way of knowing exactly how long you'll wait..one person might wait for 5months..the next person 12months and so on...best just hold on till something happens!👍

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, GodIsGood2 said:

This is a medical courtesy letter. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/21/2020 at 7:55 PM, DeadliftingDad said:

This is good news, thank you!

If/when he does withdraw my I-130, will my I-485 be canceled right away, or do I have a window to say I'm filing for VAWA and avoid staring over?

Your I-485 will be denied right away if your spouse withdraws the I-130.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/22/2020 at 4:56 PM, God is a good God said:

I am also in removal proceedings. Filed standalone I 360 with my attorney since October 2019. I went to my first master hearing and got a date for my second hearing . But before my second hearing I received a prima facie case determination letter on i360 and my attorney asked for a motion to continue with that PF which was granted. If my i360 is approved, should I wait the next hearing to terminate my proceedings or my attorney can send a letter anytime to ask for termination? So that I can file i485 with uscis?

Your attorney  can ask the Court now to have the removal proceedings "administratively closed", and when USCIS approves  your I-360 is approved then your attorney can ask the Court  to terminate the removal proceedings. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.