2,967 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, AJJU said:

Hello Friends, 

Forget my EAD is going to expire on Nov 4th, lawyer said i can file on my own but i need to consult here first before i take any step,  please help me how with the renewal procedure. 

i1360 filed August 2018 

1st EAD Oct 2018 To Nov 2019 

2nd EAD Nov 2019 To Nov 2020

i360 RFE replied May 2020 they started working on it but no update yet.

Also you said you responded to your RFE in May..hopefully your case isn't as complicated as some here...if not, you should be hearing from USCIS soon about your approval hopefully..rooting for you!😘😀👌

Filed: Other Timeline

Dear friends - my I-360 case was approved in July 2020. Received I-693 deficiency notice attached/below. Has anyone received before and what this can mean (processing of I-485 soon, upcoming interview or none of the above?). My lawyer strongly advised me to not do medical exam until after interview is scheduled. Not sure how it is now with approvals coming without interviews.

493458A5-0330-4B61-BD45-FCE2940F2B62.png

6 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

Dear friends - my I-360 case was approved in July 2020. Received I-693 deficiency notice attached/below. Has anyone received before and what this can mean (processing of I-485 soon, upcoming interview or none of the above?). My lawyer strongly advised me to not do medical exam until after interview is scheduled. Not sure how it is now with approvals coming without interviews.

Hi your attorney is right..you should only get it done when you have an interview date. It is still safer than having the validity expire before you have a date. The approvals we've seen so far are mostly those who filed i485 after vawa approval..you definitely need your medicals to be approved..someone here went to their interview without the medicals and got a RFE for it...hang in there😊👌

31 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

This is just a remainder to get your medicals done.

Exactly what is says will happen.

If you get scheduled for an interview you'll get a courtesy notice reminding you to bring the medicals to your interview. If you don't then the interview will still take place and you will get an RFE to send them in.

If your interview is waived then they'll just send you an RFE.

At this point it's impossible to tell if they'll interview you or waive it.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

42 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

May I point out also that this is your courtesy letter informing you of the i-693 deficiency..you will not be getting a second courtesy letter..they've gone through your file and found this is what's missing! Oh yes I got this as well..before my interview was scheduled! Always speaking from actual experience! All the best Ms.😊👍

8 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

May I point out also that this is your courtesy letter informing you of the i-693 deficiency..you will not be getting a second courtesy letter..they've gone through your file and found this is what's missing! Oh yes I got this as well..before my interview was scheduled! Always speaking from actual experience! All the best Ms.😊👍

Thank you @Stillwinning!!!😊

would this mean I should do my medicals now or should wait for interview notice or RFE in case of “no-interview” approval?

1 minute ago, ponak98 said:

would this mean I should do my medicals now or should wait for interview notice or RFE in case of “no-interview” approval?

Wait like your attorney said for your interview to get scheduled before getting the medicals done. Read that document very well..it implies same as I'm advising.😊👍

@Stillwinning!!!😊 Thank you. As this can be considered a “courtesy letter” and I wont be getting another one - can this mean that interview can take place soon (this year)? My timeline is I360 / I485 filed in Nov 2018. I-360 approval in July 2020. 

7 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

Also there's no interview schedule before courtesy letter!! LOL! It's the courtesy letter first before interview is scheduled! Been through this already! There would have been more chances of approval without interview if your medicals were intact and with USCIS..we've not established for certain why some cases are approved without interview but there's more chances if the documents are complete and no further clarification is needed from the petitioner!💁

7 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 Thank you. As this can be considered a “courtesy letter” and I wont be getting another one - can this mean that interview can take place soon (this year)? My timeline is I360 / I485 filed in Nov 2018. I-360 approval in July 2020. 

This is an actual courtesy letter. I have this document from last year..it's possible you can get scheduled this year..or most likely early next year! I know how you feel..wanna get it done and over with!😀 I always advice patience..patience! It will happen!👍

8 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Also there's no interview schedule before courtesy letter!! LOL! It's the courtesy letter first before interview is scheduled! Been through this already! There would have been more chances of approval without interview if your medicals were intact and with USCIS..we've not established for certain why some cases are approved without interview but there's more chances if the documents are complete and no further clarification is needed from the petitioner!💁

Thank you again - you are amazing @Stillwinning!!!😊

learnt to trust my gut feeling as was trying to convince my attorney to send do and send medicals in advance to enhance chances for “no interview” approval. Her stance was to just wait and provide things when USCIS asks for them. Well...having a good attorney is a blessing which wish was my case. Thanks again. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So with my I360 being approved Jan 31, 2020 and NBC sending me a courtesy letter dated April 22, 2020 an update from my congressman as of August 2020 is that my case is still in NBC. Almost 7 months since approval and I'm still not even in line for the interview to happen😑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.