2,967 posts in this topic

Just now, Ballerina said:

Thanks! I thought maybe they have online with the pandemic but no problems.

Also, i thought 131 is usually approved with 765, is this correct? do i expect 131 soon?

If you filed them together yes, they should be approved at roughly the same time and they should issue you a combo card (EAD + AP).

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

9 minutes ago, Demise said:

If you filed them together yes, they should be approved at roughly the same time and they should issue you a combo card (EAD + AP).

I did, so hopefully soon.  I wasn't expecting it since I haven't done biometrics (I heard nothing happens till you do that) so hopefully in the next few days that comes. Thank you.

Edited by Ballerina

1 minute ago, Ballerina said:

I did so hopefully soon.  I wasn't expecting it since I haven't done biometrics (I heard nothing happens till you do that) so hopefully in the next few days that comes. Thank you.

If they have old biometrics on file for you they'll reuse them, normally they're valid for up to 18 months but USCIS has been using older ones due to COVID. I also heard cases of EADs getting approved without biometrics at all but I think that's the exception rather than the rule.

11 minutes ago, Ballerina said:

Thanks! I thought maybe they have online with the pandemic but no problems.

Also, i thought 131 is usually approved with 765, is this correct? do i expect 131 soon?

Replying a lil late obviously busy at work lol. So you are able to get I-131 with c9 only if you applied for it dear. Also a reminder that C31 doesn't come with I-131 when VAWA is approved. You only get C31. So if you want the combo card you should apply for it. If you didn't do that, you can apply separately!😊👍

7 minutes ago, Ballerina said:

I did, so hopefully soon.  I wasn't expecting it since I haven't done biometrics (I heard nothing happens till you do that) so hopefully in the next few days that comes. Thank you.

Oh there you are..if you applied together..you should be getting the combo card! No worries!😀👍 you're always welcome dear!😊💫

6 minutes ago, Demise said:

If they have old biometrics on file for you they'll reuse them, normally they're valid for up to 18 months but USCIS has been using older ones due to COVID. I also heard cases of EADs getting approved without biometrics at all but I think that's the exception rather than the rule.

Interesting. I don't know what old biometric they are using then. They took my fingerprints at the border like 4 years ago when I came in but never since so definitely interesting. All the same, not looking this gift horse in the mouth lol. 

Just now, Ballerina said:

Interesting. I don't know what old biometric they are using then. They took my fingerprints at the border like 4 years ago when I came in but never since so definitely interesting. All the same, not looking this gift horse in the mouth lol. 

They probably just waived them then. Keep us updated, if they didn't take biometrics your EAD will have a photo that you submitted to USCIS with the application and you'll have a box that says "Fingerprint not available" where the fingerprint should be, normally you only see that with little kids.

27 minutes ago, Ballerina said:

USCIS sometimes re-use biometrics in their system hence your case progresses without a request for it. Hopefully it all goes well dear!😊👍 rooting for you!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/16/2020 at 1:49 AM, CrashBandicoot said:

My spouse has threatened me to destroy my career and one way is by withdrawing her petition. She had me leave my job one time to be with her, and it took me two years to get be back to my company. With COVID, there’s a hiring freeze and my company has a policy of not hiring people who leave for more than a year and half. I read online that it’s not illegal to have two separate I-485’s as long as the A# is the same on both of them. My concern is to keep myself in status at all times, then once I get my EAD based I-485 filed with I-360, then I’ll withdraw my current I-485, but I’m not sure. 

Don't file a new AOS if your AOS is still pending, and there is no point to file a second AOS and then withdraw the first one.

21 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Don't file a new AOS if your AOS is still pending, and there is no point to file a second AOS and then withdraw the first one.

Thank you, Sandra. A follow up question if you allow me :) the Seattle Field Office takes a long time to process family-based applications. Is there a way to transfer my current I-485 to my VAWA without waiting until the interview? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey all, quick update for I765 receipt timeline.

Files delivered to VSC August 5th, $410 check for C31 EAD cleared August 12, receipt notice received August 17 (less that 2 weeks after they got it, neat). I also filed that paper for them to send me email/text when they process my file but never got that.

6 minutes ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Hey all, quick update for I765 receipt timeline.

Files delivered to VSC August 5th, $410 check for C31 EAD cleared August 12, receipt notice received August 17 (less that 2 weeks after they got it, neat). I also filed that paper for them to send me email/text when they process my file but never got that.

You may still get the updates when they actually take action. So far from what you posted, it's truly been neat!😊👍always monitor it online too.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ballerina said:

I have a question for a friend. She filed C31 with her 765 in October 2018. Is it possible for her to now send a new application for C9 or does she have to wait till she gets the C31 as her only option now?

she can apply for a c9 if she want, because she wont get the c31 until her petition is approved. 

38 minutes ago, Ballerina said:

I have a question for a friend. She filed C31 with her 765 in October 2018. Is it possible for her to now send a new application for C9 or does she have to wait till she gets the C31 as her only option now?

Hi dear, your friend can only file C9 if she has a pending i485. That is what will make her eligible! So if this is the case, then she can proceed!😊👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.