2,967 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, dreamer1 said:

Hey everyone, following up from yesterday and the day before. 

picked up my C9 COMBO card from lawyer 🙏🏼
Yes, it is the combo card. Looks just like the EAD with “serves as I-512 advance parole” written on the bottom of the front face

on another note, spouse signed the divorce papers without causing any additional pain 🙏🏼

I am at about 14 months mark from filing 360, praying that I get good news by December 2020 hopefully 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 Please send good vibes out

Praying with you sweetie.🙏 and yes that's the combo card!🌹😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
20 hours ago, Ana FL said:

Anyone sent EAD/AP renewal lately? How long for receipts? 
my renewal package was received in Vermont on 06/29 and so far no NOA, no text, no email... 

I sent mine in May and got receipt in 2 weeks and it’s already approved. It 2 months to be approved.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
18 hours ago, Akansean said:

Does the C31 EAD also come with the AP  or do we have to apply for it seperately. If you are not in removal proceedings and you are not asylum seeker than is it safe to travel ?

Advanced Parole is a separate application, and when it expires you have to apply for it again.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Other Timeline
15 hours ago, Bradkan said:

You sound just like me... but there are some beautiful people in this forum that help to keep your spirits high... 

let’s stay strong!! 

Wish everyone who is dealing with USCIS to be strong. It is very stressfull ((( waiting without knowing anything...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Kama2018 said:

Wish everyone who is dealing with USCIS to be strong. It is very stressfull ((( waiting without knowing anything...

Your right!! Not knowing the outcome, just waiting is very depressing.

🙏 mentally prepared for anything!! Let’s hope..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
23 hours ago, sandranj said:

VAWA petitioners should not travel abroad  just if they are in removal proceedings or travel to their  home Country  if they have a pending asylum case.

oh really ? why is that ? what is the explanation for this ? 

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 6/18/2020 at 1:01 AM, ponak98 said:

Friends - if anyone has had a vawa immigration lawyer - how much is a reasonable cost? 

mine offered me $4000. Another one was $7000. I assume this concludes whole cost for i360 i485 but ead renewals will be $500 each. Hope for your advice

i just personally messaged you

20 minutes ago, DmytriiD said:

oh really ? why is that ? what is the explanation for this ? 

yes. Because if you are in Removal proceedings, you are essentially flagged. basically they would like you to be out. now if you travel on AP outside of contiguous United states, you expose yourself to the risk that the order to remove you may be the one that the officer  at immigration checkpoint may use to honer and not your AP. 

We live in very strange times, the officers are under pressure to kick out people, deny applications etc. plus, yes, some of them are not very kind people and lets not forget, they are humans and have biases like everyone...

then you add COVID on top of it all...

I would say unless you need to leave the US to visit a dying parent or relative, do not even think about it at the moment. US travelers are banned from Europe and the Caribbean (I am not sure which countries in Caribbean), India is not allowing flights out, Canadian and Mexican borders are only open for trade

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
35 minutes ago, ahmad- said:

36 minutes ago, ahmad- said:

Ahmad- catholic charities can file for 1k or less. You can even do it yourself like many have done on here. EAD is easy, you can renew that yourself. I got ripped off by my lawyer once and I never paid her again for it. I’ve done it myself twice now.!

41 minutes ago, ahmad- said:

If your case is just regular one with no special details you can file it by yourself. There are a lot of information how to do it properly. And VJ the best one in this after USCIS site🙌🏻
The only difficult stuff it’s gathering needed documents. If you have everything (check it with checklist on USCIS site) you will be fine.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, dreamer1 said:

yes. Because if you are in Removal proceedings, you are essentially flagged. basically they would like you to be out. now if you travel on AP outside of contiguous United states, you expose yourself to the risk that the order to remove you may be the one that the officer  at immigration checkpoint may use to honer and not your AP. 

We live in very strange times, the officers are under pressure to kick out people, deny applications etc. plus, yes, some of them are not very kind people and lets not forget, they are humans and have biases like everyone...

then you add COVID on top of it all...

I would say unless you need to leave the US to visit a dying parent or relative, do not even think about it at the moment. US travelers are banned from Europe and the Caribbean (I am not sure which countries in Caribbean), India is not allowing flights out, Canadian and Mexican borders are only open for trade

I thought the situation is completely different. Someone here even shared a link that people on AP are protected and denying an entry to someone with AP has no legal grounds. This is what I have read. So how come a person who has I485 pending and/or I360 pending is in removal proceedings ? I thought is is fully legal and good status ? I mean you are basically waiting in line and have done nothing wrong ? What is the point to deny you entry if you are basically supporting businesses and economy by traveling, so I see only good things for the US overall by you traveling. Or you are saying CBP officer may grant you a removal proceedings notice at the point of entry ? But based on what ? Your case is pending, you are in a legal status. I don't see any reasons for that to be happening unless you are trying to fly in with full bag of drugs or something like that.

2 minutes ago, DmytriiD said:

I thought the situation is completely different. Someone here even shared a link that people on AP are protected and denying an entry to someone with AP has no legal grounds. This is what I have read. So how come a person who has I485 pending and/or I360 pending is in removal proceedings ? I thought is is fully legal and good status ? I mean you are basically waiting in line and have done nothing wrong ? What is the point to deny you entry if you are basically supporting businesses and economy by traveling, so I see only good things for the US overall by you traveling. Or you are saying CBP officer may grant you a removal proceedings notice at the point of entry ? But based on what ? Your case is pending, you are in a legal status. I don't see any reasons for that to be happening unless you are trying to fly in with full bag of drugs or something like that.

if you have pending I-485 and I360 and you are not in removal proceedings, you are fine - technically, and you are fine to do what you want really. 

BUT not everyone's life is simple. IF YOU ARE IN REMOVAL PROOCEEDINGS, then the rules are different, more complex. 

Immigration is very complex and people find themselves in a pickle a lot  of times. 

you do know Vawa is also an option to out of status individuals, people who cross the border without visa etc... so you can see hoe some of those people just fall in a endless spiral. they may meet someone like our ex that uses the leverage over them and makes life hell... 

hope that helps you understand the context of the conversation between those members and part of my answer :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.