2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Engineering-rocks said:

I was thinking of doing the same, my congressman said it's okay to try. Just make sure you know where to send it, because it can take a few MONTHS since your courtesy letter to send your case to local office. And if you don't hear back and get interview scheduled later on you'll have to spend another ~$250 on new medicals just in case the ones you mailed got lost.

Β 

Says to wait for interview notice of RFE. No, not the same as interview notice. Normally you get courtesy letter, and then about a year later you get interview notice with an actual date. I know people with marriage cases got RFEs for medicals and no interview approvals lately, so it is a thing, but not really commonly used for VAWA...

Well just based on what people wrote on this forum it means you have less chances of getting I485 approval with no interview

Sorry I am confused here. What is β€œinterviewΒ notice ofΒ RFE”?

Β 

there is a courtesy letter to provide medicals. Do they still issue RFEs for medicals and they do it 1 year before interview?

30 minutes ago, Engineering-rocks said:

I was thinking of doing the same, my congressman said it's okay to try. Just make sure you know where to send it, because it can take a few MONTHS since your courtesy letter to send your case to local office. And if you don't hear back and get interview scheduled later on you'll have to spend another ~$250 on new medicals just in case the ones you mailed got lost.

Β 

My attorney says theyΒ still don'tΒ know if myΒ case is still in the Vermont Office or if it is in New York. I believe it's being taken care of at a local office but do you know how I find out where exactly? Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Apolo said:

I also need to put my immigration status, what do I have to chose. This is what they are asking meΒ 

Your immigration status isΒ β€œbattered immigrant-qualified alienΒ Kindly check this link:Β https://studentaid.gov/understand-aid/eligibility/requirements/non-us-citizensΒ 

4 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

Your immigration status isΒ β€œbattered immigrant-qualified alienΒ Kindly check this link:Β https://studentaid.gov/understand-aid/eligibility/requirements/non-us-citizensΒ 

Thank you for clarifying ❀️ Β And I apologizes for the stupid question but should I put that next to the I-94 field or should I chose a non qualifying citizen? Β I’m sorryΒ 

1 minute ago, Apolo said:

Thank you for clarifying ❀️ Β And I apologizes for the stupid question but should I put that next to the I-94 field or should I chose a non qualifying citizen? Β I’m sorryΒ 

non-qualifying citizens, they will asked for your I-797c Approval notice to move forward.Β 

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Got you. What does the status of your i360 say? Does it say New card is being produced....or Case approved?😏

Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

On December 31, 2019, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant, Receipt Number EAC...Β USCIS has begun working on your case again. We will send you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. If you move, go toΒ www.uscis.gov/addresschangeΒ to give us your new mailing address.

13 minutes ago, DanyT. said:

Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

On December 31, 2019, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant, Receipt Number EAC...Β USCIS has begun working on your case again. We will send you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. If you move, go toΒ www.uscis.gov/addresschangeΒ to give us your new mailing address.

πŸ˜€ You know all this while I was of the opinion that your VAWA is approved..LOL so when you mentioned the C9..approval..it got me confused for a minute! But hey any progress is great!πŸ‘ more wins dear!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, ponak98 said:

Sorry I am confused here. What is β€œinterviewΒ notice ofΒ RFE”?

Β 

there is a courtesy letter to provide medicals. Do they still issue RFEs for medicals and they do it 1 year before interview?

My bad, meant to write interview notice OR RFE. You shouldn't expect a medicals RFE as of now, for VAWA I haven't heard of anyone get that. Its just a guess (based on articles talking about major reduction of USCUS staff) that maybe if they decide to waive your interview at some point you will get medicals RFE and then they will just mailΒ you the GC. It's unlikely, but possible - it's been happening a lot to people applying for employment and marriage based cases.

1 hour ago, gurgen said:

Β 

My attorney says theyΒ still don'tΒ know if myΒ case is still in the Vermont Office or if it is in New York. I believe it's being taken care of at a local office but do you know how I find out where exactly? Thanks.

I received C31-based EAD February 2020, approval noticeΒ March 2020, then courtesy letter April 2020 (meaning April my case has already been processed by NBC). Then in June 2020 I inquired with my congressman on case status and USCIS responded that it's still pending in NBC? Why? No clue. But you can find our where yours is through congressman, takes about 2 weeks.

9 minutes ago, Engineering-rocks said:

I received C31-based EAD February 2020, approval noticeΒ March 2020, then courtesy letter April 2020 (meaning April my case has already been processed by NBC). Then in June 2020 I inquired with my congressman on case status and USCIS responded that it's still pending in NBC? Why? No clue. But you can find our where yours is through congressman, takes about 2 weeks.

Ok, got it. I've previously mentioned here that I've been waiting to be scheduled for the GC-Interview for about 18 months by now. Sending my medicals to them and see what happens next is the last thing I could try I guess.Β 

I sent an email to my Congresswoman about it, let's see what I get. Thank you so much for the info.Β 

20 minutes ago, Comforter said:

Good afternoon good people, this morning at 11am, received the update that New card being produced for my I 360. I am grateful to God for doing this. You guys are the best. When I wanted to loose hope, you guys kept me. My pd jan 10 2019. No ref . MY I485 updated tpday that finger print received. I give glory to God. Thanks to all . @Sandra,Stillwinning,Godschild, Modu.

Congratulations and Godbless you my dear! Good news!βœ¨πŸŒŸβœ¨πŸŒŸβœ¨πŸŒŸπŸ™ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ more wins!πŸ˜€

Timeline
2 hours ago, Comforter said:

Good afternoon good people, this morning at 11am, received the update that New card being produced for my I 360. I am grateful to God for doing this. You guys are the best. When I wanted to loose hope, you guys kept me. My pd jan 10 2019. No ref . MY I485 updated tpday that finger print received. I give glory to God. Thanks to all . @Sandra,Stillwinning,Godschild, Modu.

Congratulations πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸΎΒ 

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.