2,967 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, monoxidelullaby said:

hi all, I have one question :

on my VAWA approval letter, the priority date says June 21st 2017, which was the date they accepted my first I-485 with my husband, even though I applied for VAWA back in August 2018 and filed a new I-485 along with I-360. 
long story short - I never went to my interview with my husband, we didn’t even get the letter and my lawyer sent a letter back in the day which stated to cancel my I-485 and that I will be filling a new one with VAWA package. That one starts with MSC and the last update online that I got for it was “Case was reopened and mailed a notice” which I never got because I ran away from my husband’s apartment. 

So I am pretty confused why is that priority date starts with that date and not the one when I filed vawa? I have contacted my congressman about my current I-485, since I didn’t get transfer notifications or anything.. 

Maybe I am overthinking and being paranoid that they messed something up with my I-485 :(
I would appreciate any opinion, thanks so much and sorry for a long post

No need to worry. On my vawa approval, my i130 priority date is mentioned.

5 hours ago, monoxidelullaby said:

hi all, I have one question :

on my VAWA approval letter, the priority date says June 21st 2017, which was the date they accepted my first I-485 with my husband, even though I applied for VAWA back in August 2018 and filed a new I-485 along with I-360. 
long story short - I never went to my interview with my husband, we didn’t even get the letter and my lawyer sent a letter back in the day which stated to cancel my I-485 and that I will be filling a new one with VAWA package. That one starts with MSC and the last update online that I got for it was “Case was reopened and mailed a notice” which I never got because I ran away from my husband’s apartment. 

So I am pretty confused why is that priority date starts with that date and not the one when I filed vawa? I have contacted my congressman about my current I-485, since I didn’t get transfer notifications or anything.. 

Maybe I am overthinking and being paranoid that they messed something up with my I-485 :(
I would appreciate any opinion, thanks so much and sorry for a long post

My i485 had the MSC code too (Missouri Service Center) obviously your i485 was reopened and USCIS linked it to your VAWA when your attorney wrote to them..so yeah that is the priority date they will use!👍The truth is until you get your GC you're going to think all kinds of things...coupled with the anxiety and all of that...anyway you can always confirm via your representative so you can have some form of reassurance!😊

14 hours ago, Naguto7659 said:

Sorry what does it say in a courtesy letter to wait for? Are courtesy letter and interview letter the same thing? I’dont think there is rfe for medical sunless I am mistaken as they just send courtesy elders instead?

The courtesy letter is often to remind us to update or provide missing documents not just specifically medicals! Others get different requests..depending on what is lacking or expired and needs to be updated! But most of us get the request to have our medicals updated mostly because of the time it takes to adjudicate the petition..in that the validity of the previously submitted document may have elapsed! No, courtesy letter and interview letter are not the same thing. The former explains what I just described above, while the latter is an actual invitation to a scheduled interview!😊👍

3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

The courtesy letter is often to remind us to update or provide missing documents not just specifically medicals! Others get different requests..depending on what is lacking or expired and needs to be updated! But most of us get the request to have our medicals updated mostly because of the time it takes to adjudicate the petition..in that the validity of the previously submitted document may have elapsed! No, courtesy letter and interview letter are not the same thing. The former explains what I just described above, while the latter is an actual invitation to a scheduled interview!😊👍

Thank you @Stillwinning!!!😊 you are amazing 

Filed: Other Timeline
On 6/23/2020 at 3:52 PM, sheima said:

Hi, sometimes you don’t get update , you will just receive your card in the mail. good luck 👍 

Hi All,

Fnally 17 days after my approval i received my EAD under C09 category. At least I won´t be stressed for 1 year while all this long journey come to ends.

image.png.1f5458af73b287d4f125d59cbb47e697.png

Filed: Other Timeline
10 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey congrats...are you saying you didn't get the C31? Did you previously apply for C9?😏

Yes, thats right. Before my vawa I applied for EAD renewal (C09) on august 2019 and it was approved on June 12, 2020.

Edited by DanyT.

16 hours ago, Ylx said:

Hello people! Wish everyone is doing ok.

Finally my approval notice. i797 came 2 months after my EAD C31.. no sign of SSC. Any way, I have a question, this notice I797 says class 1B1 andScreenshot_2020-06-29-17-34-31(1).thumb.png.ff61af0069fd6f50245513586a6b2630.png I cannot find a thing about this class... Do you guys have any input?

image.png.d74f43bad83a3dbadb34cce57853d1f5.png

IB1 is self petitioning Spouse of a US Citizens. MY Class in my approval is B21 Spouses of alien residents, subject to country limits, new arrivals, self petitioning

Edited by FeDaniela

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 6/29/2020 at 11:37 AM, gurgen said:

Hi again, so I've received a courtesy letter previously regarding my medicals.(I initially sent them when I filed but that was more than 3 years ago so I need to submit it again) I wonder if get my medical exam done again and send the paperwork to the USCIS to see if they waive the interview for me? Worth a try? What do you think? Thanks. 

I was thinking of doing the same, my congressman said it's okay to try. Just make sure you know where to send it, because it can take a few MONTHS since your courtesy letter to send your case to local office. And if you don't hear back and get interview scheduled later on you'll have to spend another ~$250 on new medicals just in case the ones you mailed got lost.

21 hours ago, Naguto7659 said:

Sorry what does it say in a courtesy letter to wait for? Are courtesy letter and interview letter the same thing? I’dont think there is rfe for medical sunless I am mistaken as they just send courtesy elders instead?

Says to wait for interview notice of RFE. No, not the same as interview notice. Normally you get courtesy letter, and then about a year later you get interview notice with an actual date. I know people with marriage cases got RFEs for medicals and no interview approvals lately, so it is a thing, but not really commonly used for VAWA...

17 hours ago, DmytriiD said:

what about those who submitted I485 prior applying for I360 ? Does it make any difference ?

Well just based on what people wrote on this forum it means you have less chances of getting I485 approval with no interview

11 minutes ago, Apolo said:

Good afternoon VJ Family. Can someone please tell me what I’m supposed to put on my FAFSA application for residency. Since my VAWA application is approved ? 

image.jpg

Residency is referring about where your lived and  If you or your parent own that place. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.