2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, FirstTimer said:

@Engineering-rocks does it matter if you submit I485 along with your application or submit after i360 approval?

If you submit I485 you can apply for work permit. If I didn't need a work permit I would hold off sending I485 until vawa approved. But probably a rare case for someone to be able to not work for 2 years.

43 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

thank you for sharing - who thinks we should send medicals instead of waiting for medical exam courtesy letter? It seems interviews will now be canceled for vawa applicants - uscis has lack of ppl to do them.

I mean there was no info communicated about this, right? It's only our guess that it may or may not happen.

Filed: Other Timeline
6 hours ago, Engineering-rocks said:

I have almost same timeline, no updates on I485, but I know it has been transferred to NBC, not sure about local office. You haven't received a courtesy letter yet? If not, then contact congressman. If you received a letter about medicals then you're good - just wait.

P.S. USCIS website says all their offices are open now, but somehow not a single person here wrote they got their interview since pandemic... 

thank you. I just learned that fingerprints are good for less than 2 years. Does anytime had to retake fingerprints at uscis location or it seems this rule is rarely followed by uscis?

10 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

Yes you are right that the people who applied after approval got there green card with out interview but any way we can hope that the same thing can be done to

our case as well and that why I am suggesting to contact the senator or congresss man.

Moreover I got the courtesy letter in April but it was never updated on the website 

Hmmmm....Is it because they send the I485 with a medical already? When someone sends the I485 after I360 approval...

17 hours ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Yea I got mine in April as well. As of 2 weeks ago my case was still in NBC though, not local office.

If I remember correctly all those no interview people applied for I485 after vawa approval, not together like I did

Same my case. Received courtesy letter in April still waiting for updates

Hi again, so I've received a courtesy letter previously regarding my medicals.(I initially sent them when I filed but that was more than 3 years ago so I need to submit it again) I wonder if get my medical exam done again and send the paperwork to the USCIS to see if they waive the interview for me? Worth a try? What do you think? Thanks. 

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey you amazing people!!! 

So Happy to be able to share this at last!! My EAD renewal, which I had filed in 9/2019 is finally approved !!! 

It was sent to NBC by my lawyer (He explained and showed  me his reasoning and the USCIS guide saying exactly that, I could not argue). I did involve the congressman, but they only got a generic answer from USCIS so dunno how much it helped. I also had started an inquiry of my own online as it was out of normal processing time. Just did the same for my travel doc I-131 

I think I lost out on 2 jobs because the recruiter did not trust me when i gave them the extension letter 🙄 its fine, they were temp jobs 

cant wait to hold it in my hands !!!

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 1.31.58 PM.png

1 hour ago, GreenB said:

It’s in the system :) Hopefully the rest goes fast...

2A7E5BDA-108F-474D-913D-495B0F556B34.jpeg

Nice! Hopefully you get good news soon. And oh..the courtesy letter doesn't have an interview date on it..it's just a reminder to update your medicals.😊👍

13 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

Hey you amazing people!!! 

So Happy to be able to share this at last!! My EAD renewal, which I had filed in 9/2019 is finally approved !!! 

It was sent to NBC by my lawyer (He explained and showed  me his reasoning and the USCIS guide saying exactly that, I could not argue). I did involve the congressman, but they only got a generic answer from USCIS so dunno how much it helped. I also had started an inquiry of my own online as it was out of normal processing time. Just did the same for my travel doc I-131 

I think I lost out on 2 jobs because the recruiter did not trust me when i gave them the extension letter 🙄 its fine, they were temp jobs 

cant wait to hold it in my hands !!!

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 1.31.58 PM.png

Congrats!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
20 hours ago, Dharmaraj said:

Hi All,

Hope you all are safe in this pandemic time. I have one question could you guys please help me. I got my green card through vawa  last year. After I got my green card 5 months later. I married in india. Now I want to bring my wife. Can I apply green card for her? God bless you all.

This was my process before

vawa applied - 2017

divorced my ex - May 2018

vawa approved- sep 2018

green card approved- May 2019

married in india- oct 2019

thanks

Dear Freind I have a question during your green card interview has they asked about your divorce decree if yes had you submitted the visa officer in interview what was his reaction 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
19 hours ago, ponak98 said:

thank you for sharing - who thinks we should send medicals instead of waiting for medical exam courtesy letter? It seems interviews will now be canceled for vawa applicants - uscis has lack of ppl to do them.

You have a good point we can try for that but in the courtesy letter it’s written to wait until and unless either you got a RFE or you got the interview letter so I think we can contact our congressmen or senator so that they can enquirer on our behalf that since the USCIS is slow can they waive out the interview and send an RFE for medical so that we can have our green card for sooner.

Dear VJ Family, i just received an email from my attorney that my case was transferred from the Vermont Service Center to my local office is that a good thing and does that mean that there is a chance for a notice for a interview or hopefully approval of a I-485 without an interview? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.