Mohd_NazmiSaeed

Place of birth in Ds260 and Dv application

10 posts in this topic

Hello again, i have some few notice but please correct me if am wrong, because 3 things got crossed

1. My wife (Palestinian) was born in Gaza, so when submitting the DV lottery application last year as mentioned in the instructions , Gaza born will be charged to "Egypt" 

2. In the DS 260 form for Spouse , for passport , there is an option in the DS260 of "Palestine" or "Palestinian authority" 

3. now in the DS 260, when filling Spouse section, place of birth, there is "Egypt" and also "Gaza strip" - [There is no option to choose Palestine]

since i choose Egypt at the 1st beginning of the DV application last year, shall i choose born in Gaza at this time ? or go for Egypt?

and since the passport issued by Palestinian authority, what about Egypt that i choose when submitting the DV application

i feel that am the only one in the world who has some ... many technical issues appearing and just want to be sure to stay away from any single mistakes that can comprise the interview or the Ds260

Thanks in advance

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

http://www.mohdsaeed.ae

Please keep all your DS related questions in one thread.

You are the principal selectee not your wife, correct? 

Not sure why they are inconsistent but I would choose Palestine/ Gaza Strip as place of birth from what you’ve listed for the current forms.  

2 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Please keep all your DS related questions in one thread.

You are the principal selectee not your wife, correct? 

Not sure why they are inconsistent but I would choose Palestine/ Gaza Strip as place of birth from what you’ve listed for the current forms.  

Thank you again

I thought it would be better in separate thread if anyone would be looking for specific tag, hopefully this would be my last question for the DS form.

What i found out in the DS260 that in the passport section there is Palestinian Authority but when it comes to country there is only West Bank and Gaza.

But i don't know why they would charge Gaza to Egypt in the 1st place since Egypt in Africa not Asia

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

PA is authority that issues passports, West Bank/Gaza is place of birth. I don’t think Palestine is recognized as a country by the US which is probably why it is not listed as one in the dropdown for place of birth. But it is still the issuing authority for the passports so it’s listed there.

The Egypt chargeability thing is confusing indeed 🤷‍♀️ 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Keeping questions at one thread

now i have almost  finished with my application

my question here regarding vaccination, i was born in 1983 there were no computer system in clinics, everything is done by paper, i will check my father's briefcase tomorrow hoping he has a copy

if i couldn't find anything, and the ministry of health here couldn't provide me with any detail

If i choose "NO" for Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law? due to no trance reason, would that cause a problem ? i know i have to provide an explanation but i mean in general, is that an issue ?

Also

We don't use "Postal Zone/ZIP Code" here in UAE  do i put number of the P.O Box office or choose "DOES NOT APPLY"

Regards

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

Don’t worry about the vaccinations - just put no and where they ask for explanation say they will be done at the visa medical. You don’t need to explain anything else.  (You actually can’t answer yes before the visa medical no matter what paperwork you find because only the panel doctor can certify a yes to that question.)

if uae does not use post codes just leave blank/ does not apply 

Edited by SusieQQQ

On 6/11/2020 at 10:24 PM, SusieQQQ said:

Don’t worry about the vaccinations - just put no and where they ask for explanation say they will be done at the visa medical. You don’t need to explain anything else.  (You actually can’t answer yes before the visa medical no matter what paperwork you find because only the panel doctor can certify a yes to that question.)

if uae does not use post codes just leave blank/ does not apply 

If i found a copy of my vaccination from the ministry of health (as they told me they will check the archives on Sunday since some of 83 and before has some missing periods but lets hope for the best

Now if the  files and periods, would a letter stating that i have taken the necessary vaccination is enough ? or they need a full list detail with dates ?

regarding my wife's vaccination report, it has been found with her parents (away country) and sending it at this moment seems impossible, would a scanned copy and then translated copy (since it is in Arabic) be enough ?

Thanks

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

40 minutes ago, Mohd_NazmiSaeed said:

If i found a copy of my vaccination from the ministry of health (as they told me they will check the archives on Sunday since some of 83 and before has some missing periods but lets hope for the best

Now if the  files and periods, would a letter stating that i have taken the necessary vaccination is enough ? or they need a full list detail with dates ?

regarding my wife's vaccination report, it has been found with her parents (away country) and sending it at this moment seems impossible, would a scanned copy and then translated copy (since it is in Arabic) be enough ?

Thanks

Maybe I wasn’t clear when I said 

On 6/11/2020 at 11:24 AM, SusieQQQ said:

You actually can’t answer yes before the visa medical no matter what paperwork you find because only the panel doctor can certify a yes to that question.

You understand you have to have a medical exam to get the visa? The doctor who does that (and is appointed for that purpose by the US Dept of State) is the one who provides the documentation that you have had the required vaccinations. You are not qualified to decide if what you have is acceptable under US law. The doctor is. So I repeat 

On 6/11/2020 at 11:24 AM, SusieQQQ said:

-just put no and where they ask for explanation say they will be done at the visa medical

Do bring the documentation you have to the medical for the doctor to examine so he can decide what you still need. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

I asked the question because in our report card it specifies the vacc. and the disease, so that why i asked the question.

But for

"You understand you have to have a medical exam to get the visa? The doctor who does that (and is appointed for that purpose by the US Dept of State) is the one who provides the documentation that you have had the required vaccinations. You are not qualified to decide if what you have is acceptable under US law. The doctor is."

Now it is clear, so thank you

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

1 hour ago, Mohd_NazmiSaeed said:

I asked the question because in our report card it specifies the vacc. and the disease, so that why i asked the question.

But for

"You understand you have to have a medical exam to get the visa? The doctor who does that (and is appointed for that purpose by the US Dept of State) is the one who provides the documentation that you have had the required vaccinations. You are not qualified to decide if what you have is acceptable under US law. The doctor is."

Now it is clear, so thank you

I understand that your card tells you what you had as a kid, what you don’t know is exactly what you are required to have according to US law! For example depending when you do your medical you may be required to have the 2020/2021 seasonal flu vaccination which you cannot possibly have had before. So you cannot confirm what you don’t know. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.