ubprincesita

Failed medical exam due to admission of previous Drug use

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello,

So my Dear husband got nervous at his medical exam at his interview at the Juarez consulate back in December 2019 and admitted to previous drug use even though he passed the drug screening. He was being honest as we had discussed when we prepared for his interview yet I did not think/know an admission of drug use in his younger years would make him ineligible at his interview. Per the Dr at SMF clinic he must provide 6 clean drug tests and a letter of recommendation for seeking drug treatment services and present it all to the clinic on June 30th 2020. He still attended the interview and obviously was found ineligible and the blue slip from the consulate only said to return for new medical exam  in June and nothing else. He was told at the interview that his fees and bio-metric would still be good since it was only 6 months later that he would return as well as all of his paperwork was correct and nothing else was needed. My question is the following?

Where we supposed to set up a new interview for him at the consulate? or do they just take the new medical exam and review it and call him back for an interview? Also is it accurate that all the fees will still be good including the AOS and DS 260 fees? I do not mind paying and filing again but I just want to make sure I am on the right track and I have had a really hard time getting a hold of anyone to get proper information. Also does anyone have experience with this and current COVID-19 restrictions at the consulates. 

I reached out to the clinic when we went into quarantine orders and they said to call back 1 week before the date he was given to see the status of the situation at the clinic since they were only taking emergency cases for appointment. The information I received from the clinic was that he must complete the medical exam before his case can proceed. I could not get a hold of anyone at the consulate so I called NVC instead because I did not know if the entire case had gotten kicked back, the information they gave me was that of course the case was at consulate and per the information I gave them he would have to fill out a whole new ds260, AOS and pay all fees and biometrics again! Just looking for advice or for anyone in a similar situation. 

*I do not need judgement or comments on the previous drug use, he is a god-fearing man that learned from his experiences and is a great husband and father who uses his past to speak with and give advice to youth in similar situations as he was in. *

Thanks in Advance for all your help/advice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello! I am in the current situation but my fiancé got a one year ban. I called the consulate and they told me to send an inquiry to the consulate so that the clinic could add him to the list so that he would be able to take his medical. I called this number +526563443003.  I’m still waiting to hear back.

I have talked to another person that only had a 6 month ban. All you need to do is retake the medical, send The results by DHL along with his passport, the antecedentes no penales and you need to print off a sheet.  After they review his results they should send his visa over. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Gisguz said:

Hello! I am in the current situation but my fiancé got a one year ban. I called the consulate and they told me to send an inquiry to the consulate so that the clinic could add him to the list so that he would be able to take his medical. I called this number +526563443003.  I’m still waiting to hear back.

I have talked to another person that only had a 6 month ban. All you need to do is retake the medical, send The results by DHL along with his passport, the antecedentes no penales and you need to print off a sheet.  After they review his results they should send his visa over. 

Thank you so much for your response. I did call the consulate at the number you posted and finally got through this morning to someone. They told me he has to fill out a new DS260 and pay all the fees again? I am so confused because when he went to his interview they told him all the fees and paperwork including biometrics were good to go he just needed a new medical exam. I logged in to the CEAC and it still days his fees are paid and no option to pay them again. I am going to call clinica SMF tomorrow and see if they will even see him for a medical exam at this point or I might have to make a request like you did. Did you do it online? I read a previous post about someone following up on the 6 month ban and all they did was go to a new medical exam and send in their results like you mentioned but it does not seem like he will be allowed to follow that process. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, MyJourney20 said:

Hi I was wondering how long it took you to get your interview scheduled pre coronavirus outbreat? Best of luck! 

It only took 7 weeks from when NVC received my application but it was because we had an expedite in progress due to me, the petitioner, having surgery scheduled and an expedite was processed. Unfortunately the interview did not go as planned and now we are on a waiting game of uncertainty due to the virus. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
8 hours ago, ubprincesita said:

Thank you so much for your response. I did call the consulate at the number you posted and finally got through this morning to someone. They told me he has to fill out a new DS260 and pay all the fees again? I am so confused because when he went to his interview they told him all the fees and paperwork including biometrics were good to go he just needed a new medical exam. I logged in to the CEAC and it still days his fees are paid and no option to pay them again. I am going to call clinica SMF tomorrow and see if they will even see him for a medical exam at this point or I might have to make a request like you did. Did you do it online? I read a previous post about someone following up on the 6 month ban and all they did was go to a new medical exam and send in their results like you mentioned but it does not seem like he will be allowed to follow that process. 

I don't think you have to. If anything you should just wait for instructions after your husband takes the medical. If they require a new DS260 thats an easy online fix. Yes let me know if you can schedule an appointment!!! Yes I sent it through the online public inquiry page. https://mx.usembassy.gov/public-inquiry-form-immigrant-visas-residents/. It might be different, since the person I talked to had a K1 visa not IR-1/CR-1 visa. However, I think that you should just get the medical and wait for instructions on what you have to redo and pay. 

Edited by Gisguz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.