17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi, 

I want to expedite my work Authorization document (EAD) that's still pending. I 'm a nurse and i plan to expedite it because of my health care field. Do you have any advices if it is better to do it with letter or through email, if i can do it through congress person letter too (i don't know how really it works). My visa fiance has expired and i couldn't applied for ssn because of lock down of all offices because of this global pandemic. I already applied for AOS before 90 days. But i can't get my ssn so i can't apply to get my nursing license here because i have foreign nursing license. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Please update your timeline as you have your consulate listed as Armenia. Out of curiosity I wonder if you automatically receive a SSN when you have your EAD or mist apply.. I’m thinking still apply. So I’m not sure if expediting would matter in this situation... but you are more than welcome to try.

i imagine you already have your NOA1? (Please update your timeline) as you need this to request an expedite. https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/how-make-expedite-request

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline
7 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

Please update your timeline as you have your consulate listed as Armenia. Out of curiosity I wonder if you automatically receive a SSN when you have your EAD or mist apply.. I’m thinking still apply. So I’m not sure if expediting would matter in this situation... but you are more than welcome to try.

i imagine you already have your NOA1? (Please update your timeline) as you need this to request an expedite. https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/how-make-expedite-request

Yes i m updating my timline thanks! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

I765 approval is an i765 approval regardless of expedite or normal.  SSN is issued upon an approval, if elected.

YMMV

Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

I765 approval is an i765 approval regardless of expedite or normal.  SSN is issued upon an approval, if elected.

Ya but i heard some cases that get their EAD card without SSN so they have to apply for ssn with this card 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jad19888 said:

Ya but i heard some cases that get their EAD card without SSN so they have to apply for ssn with this card 

Yes, the system is not without its inconsistencies 

YMMV

Timeline
7 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

you need to be certified in your state to work as a nurse

Yes, you need to apply for license by examination if u have a license from outside United States and through endorsement if u have other state license, but i need my ssn to apply and because all ss offices are close i have to wait untill i get my EAD 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

In order to start the EAD expedite process you have to call and request it. Within 2-3 weeks you will get a letter in the mail with instructions on where to fax your supporting documents and evidence for the expidite, and if things go well about a week later you should get notifications that it was approved and card is being produced. You have to have already completed the biometrics appointment also before you can request a expidite as I recall. It took my wife about 30 days exactly from start to finish to get the expidite. We expidited due to a emergency surgery adding a financial burden to us. 

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

In order to start the EAD expedite process you have to call and request it. Within 2-3 weeks you will get a letter in the mail with instructions on where to fax your supporting documents and evidence for the expidite, and if things go well about a week later you should get notifications that it was approved and card is being produced. You have to have already completed the biometrics appointment also before you can request a expidite as I recall. It took my wife about 30 days exactly from start to finish to get the expidite. We expidited due to a emergency surgery adding a financial burden to us. 

I got NOA 1 a month ago but haven't yet got biometric appointment prolly this delay is becaus the pandemic, also can i do tge expedite by email, i heard its possible to do it by email to and i m looking for the right email to send. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Working and Traveling, from K1 Progress Reports - As this is an EAD question.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Not sure if you can do it by email, I am not 100% on that. I have never heard of it being done by email before, hopefully someone else knows for sure. I'm pretty sure you need the biometrics complete before they can issue the card because they need the photo, fingerprints to actually produce the card. It has your photo and a fingerprint on the card, and they are encoded into the card electronically also. I would call USCIS and ask about the email option, and you can ask if biometrics needs to be done before the expidite request can be submitted. Maybe they will let you request the expidite and get it approved, then as soon as you do biometrics they can produce the card. Maybe see if you can search expidite EAD on visa journey here and see how other people did it. 

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

Not sure if you can do it by email, I am not 100% on that. I have never heard of it being done by email before, hopefully someone else knows for sure. I'm pretty sure you need the biometrics complete before they can issue the card because they need the photo, fingerprints to actually produce the card. It has your photo and a fingerprint on the card, and they are encoded into the card electronically also. I would call USCIS and ask about the email option, and you can ask if biometrics needs to be done before the expidite request can be submitted. Maybe they will let you request the expidite and get it approved, then as soon as you do biometrics they can produce the card. Maybe see if you can search expidite EAD on visa journey here and see how other people did it. 

Ya, thanks a lot for informations 🙏🙂

I'm unaware of expediting an EAD via email. I am ware of people who were able to submit evidence for an expedite request via email, but not make the request via email.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
6 minutes ago, geowrian said:

I'm unaware of expediting an EAD via email. I am ware of people who were able to submit evidence for an expedite request via email, but not make the request via email.

Yes, in website of USCIS they talk only about expedite by phone but i watched a video in YouTube of someone saying that there is 3 ways to do that : by phone, email, or appointment in office. Prolly i will try to do it by calling and only thing that i need to know before if i should have already did biometric before to do this request 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.