JhoNdre

Petitioning My Children And how to correct their Live birth

15 posts in this topic

Hello I need some information and knowledge how to petition my children and bring them here in USA

I have two kids 

I want to start petitioning them soon

Problem is their Live birth 

their biological mother and father in their both live birth was My Mother and Father

Yes their grand parents name was in their live birth🥺

Its a long story how it happen

so I will just Not gonna explain It here

hope anyone can give me a knowledge or information how to fix my mistakes and information how i can start my petition and do what i have to do including papers and documents i need to petition in this type of case for my both children 🥺

thank you

any comments and replies will highly appreciated💜

Edited by JhoNdre

Filed: Timeline

I understand its hard talking about private matters but if you want accurate advice you have to give us the whole story. Very often in immigration matters the specifics of the situation matter a lot. 

Can you please provide some more info? What is your status in the US? Greencard? Citizen?  Have you ever filed any paperwork with USCIS before? Did it ask for you to list your children on it and if so did you? Was your parents being listed as the birth parents a clerical error or was it intentional on your part? If so why? You also seem to be from PI which has specific custody laws. Going to ask a few members familiar with that region to comment @Hank_ @Greenbaum  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the PI forum, from Bringing Family of PR - the OP's first step is correcting her children's BC which is country specific.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

@Villanelle   @aaron2020 I am a green card holder been here for

almost 2 years now

When my husband Petitioned me my kids was under the petition and they will follow me here

We cant start our petition for them coming here because in their BC my parents was listed As their parents. 

Im a single Mother their father and I have a bad relationship and found out he has another woman and left and that pushed me to go abroad to work to support my kids

I never register their name under me as Their father promised to marry me and once we married we will process their live birth 

but it never happen untill found out he has another woman

and never seen him again

that time all i think was my kids how to

support them

so i went abroad to work

they were growing while im

far and they about to start in school and school

need BC to accept them inorder for them to enroll

I was still away untill my oldest turn almost 6 their father still never atlest seen them and been silent like he abandon  them and it happens my eldest need to enroll in nursery school

So my parents decide to take

them on registrar and list them as parents of my kids. I was away and dont know how to think bit i let my parents do it since their father never care about them

i know i made a mistake i wish i wait till i went home to process their BC with me

but too late i made a terrible mistake that now a

problem for me and my husband to get them her🥺

could anyone give advice and information how i can correct this pls 🥺

Edited by JhoNdre

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, JhoNdre said:

Hello I need some information and knowledge how to petition my children and bring them here in USA

I have two kids 

their biological mother and father in their both live birth was My Mother and Father

hope anyone can give me a knowledge or information how to fix my mistakes and information how i can start my petition and do what i have to do including papers and documents i need to petition in this type of case for my both children 🥺

thank you

According to what you stated above, YOU are not the parent of your childern, you are their sister.  Before you can do anything you will need to correct both birth certificates

1 hour ago, JhoNdre said:

@Villanelle   @aaron2020 I am a green card holder been here for

almost 2 years now

When my husband Petitioned me my kids was under the petition and they will follow me here

We cant start our petition for them coming here because in their BC my parents was listed As their parents. 

Im a single Mother their father and I have a bad relationship and found out he has another woman and left and that pushed me to go abroad to work to support my kids

I never register their name under me as Their father promised to marry me and once we married we will process their live birth 

but it never happen untill found out he has another woman

and never seen him again

that time all i think was my kids how to

support them

so i went abroad to work

they were growing while im

far and they about to start in school and school

need BC to accept them inorder for them to enroll

I was still away untill my oldest turn almost 6 their father still never atlest seen them and been silent like he abandon  them and it happens my eldest need to enroll in nursery school

So my parents decide to take

them on registrar and list them as parents of my kids. I was away and dont know how to think bit i let my parents do it since their father never care about them

i know i made a mistake i wish i wait till i went home to process their BC with me

but too late i made a terrible mistake that now a

problem for me and my husband to get them her🥺

could anyone give advice and information how i can correct this pls 🥺

To fix this issue you may need an attorney as this is not as simple as correcting a misspelling of a name.  Start with an attorney in the Philippines.  Once the birth certificates are corrected and accurate, then start the petition process.

At the embassy phase of the visa application DO expect the embassy to require DNA testing to verify you are the mother.  Do not try to complete DNA testing until the embassy requests this.

I know of one other case where the grandparents were listed as the parents.   Eventually the mother did get the birth certificate corrected, eventually the visa process was completed (with DNA testing) and the daughter is now in the USA.

You will need  lots of patience during this.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I agree with @Hank_. Start with the correcting of the BC and begin the process of the visa for the children. An attorney can help, and patience will need to be your best friend. This is not a 2-3-month ordeal. This may take a year or two. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/8/2020 at 7:30 PM, JhoNdre said:

I have two kids 

thank you

How old are your children? We did this before. My daughter birth certificate parents was my parents. We had to hire a lawyer in the Philippines to help us fix the birth certificate then hired a lawyer here in the US to help us file the petition and provide all the necessary legal paperworks to bring my daughter here. We did a DNA requested by my lawyer to file along with I-130. It took us almost 3 years until finally my daughter moved here. We spent lots of money sending money for my daughter to go to school back home and all the things she needed. Me flying back home to see her every year and the attorneys we hired. I kept all the receipts and remittances copy and my itineraries and pictures.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I think it depends on the law in 🇵🇭... As advised above you might need to retain a good lawyer... DNA might be needed to verify paternity... Sworn oaths too... But if that does not work, formal adoption comes to mind.. Goodluck 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kathy and Jesse said:

How old are your children? We did this before. My daughter birth certificate parents was my parents. We had to hire a lawyer in the Philippines to help us fix the birth certificate then hired a lawyer here in the US to help us file the petition and provide all the necessary legal paperworks to bring my daughter here. We did a DNA requested by my lawyer to file along with I-130. It took us almost 3 years until finally my daughter moved here. We spent lots of money sending money for my daughter to go to school back home and all the things she needed. Me flying back home to see her every year and the attorneys we hired. I kept all the receipts and remittances copy and my itineraries and pictures.

Glad you popped in on this one .. you came to mind immediately  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Glad you popped in on this one .. you came to mind immediately  

Sorry I have not been active here so much! Too busy w our crazy little family. I wish there is a visa journey app I can just keep my account log in. I hope all is well with you!

@Kathy and Jesse hello Sis

my eldest will be 14 this year and my youngest is 11 Im so glad nakita mo post ko need ko talaga advice and info para dito

dont know what to do talaga

do i need to be there to file and get a

lawyer for court order para macorrect ang live birth nila? or is it possible na maprocess ang correction ng live birth nila even andito

ako sa Us? 

and for correction of live birth need din ba DNA test?

pls Sis i really need advice for this

thank you

Timeline
On 6/15/2020 at 12:47 AM, JhoNdre said:

@Kathy and Jesse hello Sis

my eldest will be 14 this year and my youngest is 11 Im so glad nakita mo post ko need ko talaga advice and info para dito

dont know what to do talaga

do i need to be there to file and get a

lawyer for court order para macorrect ang live birth nila? or is it possible na maprocess ang correction ng live birth nila even andito

ako sa Us? 

and for correction of live birth need din ba DNA test?

pls Sis i really need advice for this

thank you

I suggest to get in to this ASAP kasi alam mo naman mabagal ang process sa Pinas. I just lucked out that the attorney we hired has not yet moved to US the time we hired him. We paid him $1000 but to be honest he was not the best because he was not very thorough and did not check the birth certificate annotation after our case was granted so we had to amend the annotation after filing the petition for my daughter which got denied that is why we had to file with a lawyer the 2nd time to make sure we get it done correctly. I worked 2 jobs to make sure I can afford him and was worth it. My lawyer we hired here in the US is a filipino who also have office back home. He is based in CALIFORNIA. I never met him but my mom and daughter did at his office in the Phils. I bet he could give you an idea or referral and who to hire back home. I would highly recommend him hiring to file your petition. His fee was $5000 and the DNA was $700 something.

and to answer your question yes it is best to fly back home and be present in the court hearing. I was there when we did the hearing and midwife who assisted my birth to my daughter and my parents was there too. I moved here 2012 and flew back home every year. My daughter finally came 2015!

we did not do DNA for the correction of birth but we did when we filed the petition I-130. 

Timeline

This topic made me think of my fiancée's children. After the birth of her second child, her parents named her after her father. So she has a first, middle, father's last, mother's last "name". 

My fiancée was never married and wants her daughter's name changed. Is this something we can worry about in the States once they arrive? Do we need to do anything in the Philippines? 

Edited by Solaris81

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.