britty

Where do UKC's buy furniture in the US?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

You all should find your local outlet mall. There is one in Washington Court House for those of you in Cincinnati or Columbus areas. It is about a half an hour up Interstate 71. There is a Pottery Barn Outlet store up there that is INCREDIBLY cheap. And like Deviletter and Tim and Bethanie said.... check out charity shops. Cincinnati has some REALLY good charity shops... you're best bet is to check out ones in the 'upper class' areas, such as West Chester, Hyde Park, Loveland, Montgomery and Kenwood. If you need directions you can PM me... I remember where most ###### is. Also check out your local flea markets too alot of times you'll find antique dealers set up in them. There is Traders World up on N. Intersate 75 before you get to dayton. There is also Turtle Creek just before Traders World. One of them is on the same exit as Hustler Hollywood(I point that out because the sign is HUGE). Also Ohio and Pennsylvaina are the lands of the Amish. Go look around at an Amish village, you can find BEAUTIFUL hand carved furniture and you'll be supporting a very cool culture. Not to mention you can get the BEST food in Amish towns.

May 2005 - met Chris on message board

July 2005 - came to the states to meet me

July 2005 - got engaged

Aug. 2005 - Decided we couldn't wait

Sept. 2005 - came to visit, plan wedding

Oct. 4, 2005 - Got married

Oct. 16, 2005 - moved to Ireland

August 2006 - our daughter was born

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought mine from Regency Furniture. While they had some monstrosities in stock, I did manage to find a good few I liked.

I bought mine in the 4th of July sale, still slightly pricey at $2000 for two loveseats.

Got a bedroom set from Marlo's for my son, thought the prices for sofas there weren't too bad, but quality wasn't as high as Regency.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

oops, i meant to also include.... For sofas, loveseats, chairs.... go to SofaExpress. Usually they have 100s of style and brands and if you can find one that you like but not in the right color and fabric you can pick one you do like... as they carry different colors, fabrics, and patterns for most of their sofas.

www.sofaexpress.com

May 2005 - met Chris on message board

July 2005 - came to the states to meet me

July 2005 - got engaged

Aug. 2005 - Decided we couldn't wait

Sept. 2005 - came to visit, plan wedding

Oct. 4, 2005 - Got married

Oct. 16, 2005 - moved to Ireland

August 2006 - our daughter was born

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
Having just moved house, I embarked on a shopping trip for new furniture. What a disaster !!! I am used to shopping at Next, M&S, Debenhams etc and can't find anything similar here in Northern Virginia / DC. Everything is either too modern or a bad replica of something from the 1800's. I managed to purchase a sofa from Thomasville but thats it! I like Ethan Allen but for all the things I need, there won't be enough cash.

Does anyone know of a store that has similar items to Next and M&S, isnt too pricey and has fairly good quality stuff? Any help would be appreciated!!

thanks

Don't know if American Signature is in that area but they have really nice stuff.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.