Prisonmate

Are K1 Visa allow to travel to the USA?

132 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Now our attorney is saying the teleseminar is for OFWs. Can someone look into this.  According to the email it said K1 Visas. 

Edited by praisejourney

There are ways to get in touch with CFO. you can check CFO website for announcement updates at https://cfo.gov.ph. They actually have all info there for your FAQ. You can add their FB account "Commission on Filipino Overseas" and you can talk with them thru FB messenger for more or clearer details. They replied my queries right away before. CFO is for OFWs, partners (spouse/fiancee) for US, Japan and other countries. When you register online, they have options such as spouse, partner etc. Maybe try to explore their website so you will know what to do next. :)  

Timeline
On 6/22/2020 at 5:08 AM, funiegirl19 said:

There are ways to get in touch with CFO. you can check CFO website for announcement updates at https://cfo.gov.ph. They actually have all info there for your FAQ. You can add their FB account "Commission on Filipino Overseas" and you can talk with them thru FB messenger for more or clearer details. They replied my queries right away before. CFO is for OFWs, partners (spouse/fiancee) for US, Japan and other countries. When you register online, they have options such as spouse, partner etc. Maybe try to explore their website so you will know what to do next. :)  

I have a ticket for my fiancee to fly from Canada to Seattle. It looks like from their website that they are not allowing non-immigrants to travel. AHHHHH! Did you fly direct from Korea to the US?

Timeline

The travel restrictions are confusing to figure out! Did anyone flying into Korea have any problems? Did you have to take Covid test 3 days prior or anything like that.  It's so hard finding any information on travel restrictions online.

Timeline
On 6/27/2020 at 7:35 AM, praisejourney said:

The travel restrictions are confusing to figure out! Did anyone flying into Korea have any problems? Did you have to take Covid test 3 days prior or anything like that.  It's so hard finding any information on travel restrictions online.

Sounds like we are good to go. I called Canada and they said that we are able to transit not problem with a K1 Visa. We also got our CFO today in Manila. Praying that our flight and travels go well tomorrow.  I will keep you guys posted for sure!

Timeline
1 hour ago, praisejourney said:

Sounds like we are good to go. I called Canada and they said that we are able to transit not problem with a K1 Visa. We also got our CFO today in Manila. Praying that our flight and travels go well tomorrow.  I will keep you guys posted for sure!

She will be Seattle bound tomorrow. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, apellica said:

SUCCESS!!!!!!

I am proud to say that my fiancée was able to immigrate to the USA this past weekend using a K1 Visa.  It was a good thing too because I am hearing that her city, Lapu-Lapu, is planning on going back to ECQ lockdowns due to the rise of COVID-19 starting in the beginning of July (so we just made it...Phew!!).  Apparently, going thru Immigration was not that bad as long as you have the appropriate documentation as well as the much needed Travel Certificate.

Going thru US Customs was a breeze also, just a bit long for her, but she got thru no problem.  Philippine Airlines was the airline we used throughout and the flight that we took was the one that leaves from Manila to Los Angeles.  I’ve been keeping a log of past flights that have been successful in getting to LAX and flight PR102 seems to be the most successful.  We avoided stopping in other countries and made sure to find flights that went directly from Philippines to USA.

We are very happy and I hope all of you get the same success results soon.  Thank you again everyone.....this forum has been super helpful from the beginning since we started our journey.  You guys are the best and I wish all of you to be with your partners soon.

God Bess!

Congratulations. This is really a moment to celebrate. 

We are leaving on the 22nd of July. We choose Korean air. Hopefully this is just a smooth journey cause I'm going to bring my son with me. 

The CFO is very confusing though. Still waiting for our certifate and soon we will have our medical that allow us to travel and travel authority. Please to those who are leaving the Philippines via K1 visa please update us here so we know that you made it safe and sound to the US. And soon we're going to have a meet up there in the US. Godbless us all. By the way, I'm from Gensan. Anyone from Gensan? 

Please lemme know. 

9 hours ago, apellica said:

SUCCESS!!!!!!

I am proud to say that my fiancée was able to immigrate to the USA this past weekend using a K1 Visa.  It was a good thing too because I am hearing that her city, Lapu-Lapu, is planning on going back to ECQ lockdowns due to the rise of COVID-19 starting in the beginning of July (so we just made it...Phew!!).  Apparently, going thru Immigration was not that bad as long as you have the appropriate documentation as well as the much needed Travel Certificate.

Going thru US Customs was a breeze also, just a bit long for her, but she got thru no problem.  Philippine Airlines was the airline we used throughout and the flight that we took was the one that leaves from Manila to Los Angeles.  I’ve been keeping a log of past flights that have been successful in getting to LAX and flight PR102 seems to be the most successful.  We avoided stopping in other countries and made sure to find flights that went directly from Philippines to USA.

We are very happy and I hope all of you get the same success results soon.  Thank you again everyone.....this forum has been super helpful from the beginning since we started our journey.  You guys are the best and I wish all of you to be with your partners soon.

God Bess!

:dance:

Timeline
1 minute ago, Allovertheworld said:

:dance:

1 hour ago, praisejourney said:

We did it!!!! My fiance made it home yesterday! We flew Korean Air from Manila, Korean, and Seattle.  We got our CFO cert at the Manila office. Thank you all so very much for all of your help!!! We should do a Skype celebration party in September. 

Congratulations 🎉. Did they ask anything about K1 in immigration in manila? Praise God. Our flight will be on July 22. Manila - korea- Lax

Hopefully all is well when on our time. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Esterlyn said:

Congratulations 🎉. Did they ask anything about K1 in immigration in manila? Praise God. Our flight will be on July 22. Manila - korea- Lax

Hopefully all is well when on our time. 

God is so good! Nope she had a perfect transition through each country!  No questioning, it all went smooth. We had planned to fly out on July 18th but because the numbers are growing we moved it up to June 30th. It cost me about $60 to make the change. We did our CFO the day before her flight in Manila and they gave her the cert at the office. The CFO staff are so great, they made sure we had everything we needed for the next day flight. Praying for you guys!! Everything will be okay! Let me know if you have any questions!

Timeline
17 minutes ago, praisejourney said:

God is so good! Nope she had a perfect transition through each country!  No questioning, it all went smooth. We had planned to fly out on July 18th but because the numbers are growing we moved it up to June 30th. It cost me about $60 to make the change. We did our CFO the day before her flight in Manila and they gave her the cert at the office. The CFO staff are so great, they made sure we had everything we needed for the next day flight. Praying for you guys!! Everything will be okay! Let me know if you have any questions!

Another bit of advice is make sure to go to your local municipality and get a health cert for everyone making the trip even the driver. It is only good for a single trip. It takes an hour to 2 hours to obtain it. Also, when you are travel make sure to download your GPS maps offline in case you run out of load or something.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.