Prisonmate

Are K1 Visa allow to travel to the USA?

132 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, payxibka said:

Not currently under covid 

We can get our endorsement with out attending the seminar physically?  How do we do this?  Thanks!

Timeline
On 6/20/2020 at 7:11 AM, funiegirl19 said:

Update:  I flew into the US recently in K1 visa w/o any issues. As long as you have all the requirements. I took Korean air for less chances of flight cancellation. Longer flight but they are the only airline with daily flights departing Manila

Oh that is awesome news!! Thanks for sharing! Yeap we booked our flight on Korean Air also for the 17th! Did you take your CFO seminar in person?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, funiegirl19 said:

Regards to CFO certificate, I took the e-registration online end of May and printed the temporary certificate and presented at the Bureau of Immigration. I think I am just lucky they didn't ask the certificate but I showed it to them. You MUST have it cus its one of the requirements. Last time I checked, CFO could deliver the original certificate and sticker. I would suggest to not wait for the visa to expire take chances to fly out JUST bring complete requirements then I think you're good to go 

That is fantastic!!!!!!!  Such great news that you made it the US!!  Man I am so excited now!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, praisejourney said:

We can get our endorsement with out attending the seminar physically?  How do we do this?  Thanks!

CFO website of course 

https://cfo.gov.ph/filipino-spouses-and-partners-of-foreign-nationals/

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, praisejourney said:

So Davao will be will be open on the 22nd but that is way to far away.  Which one are you guys going to?

We are still stuck with providing some missing documents. My fiance just got a letter via 2go from the embassy that must have been held up somewhere during the lockdown that says she needs a more recent NBI clearance. 

Timeline

cfo-advisory-03-17-2020b.jpg

Hmmmm, so this says "Partners of foreign Nationals with valid Perm. Visa or immigrant visa" to "Register online, then Print the CFO Sticker" Not sure if that is the entirety of it i.e. Register = Get sticker. But it does not elaborate whether there is anything to be done but Registration alone in order to obtain the sticker and if nothing more is required, it kind of makes me wonder what the purpose of Registration is at all in the first place lol. Is there still an online "seminar" which must be attended after registration or something to which they do not speak to here?

Besides the fact that this info is Super Old! lol

Edited by Cody&Razely

Timeline
2 hours ago, JonSeattle said:

We are still stuck with providing some missing documents. My fiance just got a letter via 2go from the embassy that must have been held up somewhere during the lockdown that says she needs a more recent NBI clearance. 

Oh is that just the police clearance that you need? I think you can get those same day. Wow! So you guys are almost done! My prayer for everyone is that your fiancee's will be with us before August.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cody&Razely said:

cfo-advisory-03-17-2020b.jpg

Hmmmm, so this says "Partners of foreign Nationals with valid Perm. Visa or immigrant visa" to "Register online, then Print the CFO Sticker" Not sure if that is the entirety of it i.e. Register = Get sticker. But it does not elaborate whether there is anything to be done but Registration alone in order to obtain the sticker and if nothing more is required, it kind of makes me wonder what the purpose of Registration is at all in the first place lol. Is there still an online "seminar" which must be attended after registration or something to which they do not speak to here?

Besides the fact that this info is Super Old! lol

So Cody does that apply to K1 Visa holders also?  It's sounds like all we need is the registration and sticker. Man that would save me a fortune not having to go all the way to Manila to take the 4 hour class.  I just wrote Mira and will let you know what I find out also.  Thank you for the information!

Timeline

I think I found the site for the CFO online course! It talks about getting your sticker!! Thank you so much FunieGirl and Cody for the information! You guys are amazing!!

https://cfo.gov.ph/overseas-filipinos-cfo-online-registration-system-or-of-cors/

I am going to have my fiancee register tonight. 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, praisejourney said:

So Cody does that apply to K1 Visa holders also?  It's sounds like all we need is the registration and sticker. Man that would save me a fortune not having to go all the way to Manila to take the 4 hour class.  I just wrote Mira and will let you know what I find out also.  Thank you for the information!

I can't say definitively as with most things in PH the agencies are usually a bit loose with their terminology. But all over the CFO site when ever researching K-1 type info, they always use the term "Partners of Foreign Nationals" So my best guess is it would be safe to assume so. Good luck and congrats on getting this far!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
59 minutes ago, praisejourney said:

So do we need an NBI to travel also?  Or is it just the CFO certificate and the Visa?  Many thanks!

No, you don't need an NBI  to travel. The NBI was just for the embassy interview. The embassy must have noticed after the interview that the one my fiance gave them at the interview was over 6 months old. The airline might require a health certificate, and if you leave through clark there will be an exit fee.

Timeline
1 hour ago, JonSeattle said:

No, you don't need an NBI  to travel. The NBI was just for the embassy interview. The embassy must have noticed after the interview that the one my fiance gave them at the interview was over 6 months old. The airline might require a health certificate, and if you leave through clark there will be an exit fee.

Ok fantastic! Thank you so much!!

Timeline

Great news! I just received word from the CFO office that they are doing TeleSeminars online.  Here is what you need.

Please inform her to send a copy of her passport, visa, IDs or passport of you to miravallesivy@gmail.com. then a counselor will contact her for the telecounseling and verification of her documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.