JayDGODITRUST

June 2020 I-751 filers

1,349 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
16 minutes ago, BobKat said:

That is correct- and it is also logic. However, logic does not necessarily apply to anything to do with dealing with authorities. For my I-130, the lawyers office wanted me to get a police record from GA, even though it was not necessary, nor easily possible (as I was out of the country) and my husband simply denied that request and got into an argument with the assistant about the non-logic of that request. 
Also, Chris&J and I are German. I can SO empathize with the need to follow the instructions to a T, it’s in our genes, 😂 I personally read the original text in the immigration law to be sure and find it extremely interesting how vague it actually is. 

so the instructions clearly say „from marriage to now“, which makes only sense if they are dealing with K1 or if they do not have the complete A-file at hand with prior submissions from the entire GC process. My USC rolls his eyes and would only submit 10 documents, while I wring my hands in agony over imprecise instructions.. 

I think they deliberately write vague "instructions" to give the authorities a much wider hand and discretion, which sucks for us poor immigrants :( 

This is the reason no two cases are same with USICS even if they seem apparently similar, it all depends on the officer, mood, his experience, his discretion, the center you applied..blah blah

this is also primarily the reason we see some people sail through the process with minimum documents and others who do pounds of paperwork and still get stuck. 

ROC Timeline

June 15, 2020: Sent package through USPS

June 18, 2020: Delivered to Arizona PO box

June 23, 2020: Credit Card Debited

June 24, 2020: E notification for case (LIN-Receipt) 

July  15, 2020: Case was updated to show that fingerprints were taken

July 16, 2020 : Official NOA letter dated July 1 was received  

July 20, 2020 : Official fingerprint taken notice dated July 15 was received

March 05, 2021: Status updated to "Card in Production"

March 06, 2021: Status updated to I-751 Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, izavox said:

Are you including the biometrics for you only or for someone else as well? It's $85 per person filling and there's 2 x $85 in that amount deducted. :) 

I filed for me and my 14 year old daughter. So that's just what that is. I forgot biometrics has to be paid for all applicants.

3 hours ago, Aquilina said:

Did you pay only $595 or you paid $680? Going to fill the form for the credit card but wondering if I need to fill 2 forms: one of $595 and other of $85 or just the whole fee biometrics+form. 

We paid $680. Wrote one check. 

2 hours ago, hopelifebetter201 said:

Thanks for answering my question. On her green card Last name is Hoang, Given name is Thi Ngoc Lan. But in Vietnam her last name is Hoang, First name is Lan and middle name is Thi Ngoc. Her first name now become middle name and her middle name become first name. So What I fill out in First name and Middle name fields on I-751 form now? 

You should use the name on the green card. That is what she is known as to USCIS. 

18 minutes ago, sebastianshaw said:

Any idea about how long it is taking for June filers to get the biometric update, also did you get ur NOA ?

It took 8 days for us. 

48 minutes ago, sebastianshaw said:

Any idea about how long it is taking for June filers to get the biometric update, also did you get ur NOA ?

For me it took 18 days from the day USCIS received my package

No NOA as yet 

I see a mail coming in today ill just wait and see what it is 

1 hour ago, sebastianshaw said:

I think they deliberately write vague "instructions" to give the authorities a much wider hand and discretion, which sucks for us poor immigrants :( 

This is the reason no two cases are same with USICS even if they seem apparently similar, it all depends on the officer, mood, his experience, his discretion, the center you applied..blah blah

this is also primarily the reason we see some people sail through the process with minimum documents and others who do pounds of paperwork and still get stuck. 

Personally, I tend to overthink everything. For example-I received a „home residency requirement“ on my J-1, due to funding from the German gov‘t. However, the DFG (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft) is not a gov‘t agency, which they also write everywhere into their international funding approvals. So the logic is that, if your funding comes from an agency that works with tax payer money-it is gov‘t funding. While this is a very broad definition that I’d like to have a discussion about-I had to swallow it. Put an additional 3 months on my case to remove. 

timeline (ROC):

06/29/2020 - package sent with USPS to Dallas lockbox

07/01/2020 - package delivered and signed for 

07/08/2020 - CC charged

07/10/2020 - text message received

21 minutes ago, BobKat said:

Finally sent the package off. Yay! Now the wait begins. I also refuse (for now) to worry wether I put all the dates and numbers in right, since I sometimes switch numbers for whatever dyslectic reason.. but we checked it 3 times.. it should be ok. 

Good luck for all of us :)

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We are submitting our ROC in mid July.  The question i have is this;  In October 2019 we filed the change of address when we moved into our new casita rental.  How will I know if USCIS actually received it?  We did it online but I have heard of horror stories of people that changed their address online and it never registered.  

6 minutes ago, Ben & Katy said:

We are submitting our ROC in mid July.  The question i have is this;  In October 2019 we filed the change of address when we moved into our new casita rental.  How will I know if USCIS actually received it?  We did it online but I have heard of horror stories of people that changed their address online and it never registered.  

On the I-751 there is a question asking you if you ever lived elsewhere during your stay in the US. You can also print out the confirmation (if any) and attach it just to be sure. I personally make sure I have done everything I can within the requirements and have it evidenced by what I can get (I never moved, but maybe there is a confirmation email or something from the address change?) 

timeline (ROC):

06/29/2020 - package sent with USPS to Dallas lockbox

07/01/2020 - package delivered and signed for 

07/08/2020 - CC charged

07/10/2020 - text message received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Just now, BobKat said:

On the I-751 there is a question asking you if you ever lived elsewhere during your stay in the US. You can also print out the confirmation (if any) and attach it just to be sure. I personally make sure I have done everything I can within the requirements and have it evidenced by what I can get (I never moved, but maybe there is a confirmation email or something from the address change?) 

I just tracked down a confirmation email from USCIS last october saying they received and processed the change of address to: "our new address"  Never mind thank you!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, hannac said:

I filed for me and my 14 year old daughter. So that's just what that is. I forgot biometrics has to be paid for all applicants.

Ah there you go :D All good then!

ROC:

June 27, 2020 - Sent packet via USPS

July 3, 2020 - Case Received (California Service Center)

August 5, 2020 - NOA Received

January 6, 2021: Case Transferred to NBC Office

July 6, 2021: Previous biometrics reused

October 12, 2021: Interview Scheduled for November 8, 2021

November 8, 2021: Permanent Green Card Approved!

Timeline (From J-1 visa to Adjustment of Status):

Juy 3rd 2017 - Got Married!

July 8th 2017 - Mailed AOS packet

July 11th 2017 - PD

August 14th 2017 - Biometrics Appt (for I-485)

August 21th 2017 - Biometrics (for I-765)

August 24th 2017 - Updated online for Case Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

October 16th 2017 - Advance Parole Approved (after 100 days)

October 20th 2017 - Received Advance Parole in the mail

November 16th 2017 - 'New Card Is Being Produced' (after 108 days)

November 25th 2017 - Received EAD in the mail

August 16th, 2018 - Status Changed to "Interview Was Scheduled"

August 25th, 2018 - Interview Scheduled For September 25, 2018

September 25th, 2018 - Green Card Approved at Interview

October 3rd, 2018 - Received Green Card In The Mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, BobKat said:

Finally sent the package off. Yay! Now the wait begins. I also refuse (for now) to worry wether I put all the dates and numbers in right, since I sometimes switch numbers for whatever dyslectic reason.. but we checked it 3 times.. it should be ok. 

Good luck!! I totally hear you when you say 'Finally' hahah it does feel like that. 

It's gonna be alright. Keep us updated :) 

ROC:

June 27, 2020 - Sent packet via USPS

July 3, 2020 - Case Received (California Service Center)

August 5, 2020 - NOA Received

January 6, 2021: Case Transferred to NBC Office

July 6, 2021: Previous biometrics reused

October 12, 2021: Interview Scheduled for November 8, 2021

November 8, 2021: Permanent Green Card Approved!

Timeline (From J-1 visa to Adjustment of Status):

Juy 3rd 2017 - Got Married!

July 8th 2017 - Mailed AOS packet

July 11th 2017 - PD

August 14th 2017 - Biometrics Appt (for I-485)

August 21th 2017 - Biometrics (for I-765)

August 24th 2017 - Updated online for Case Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

October 16th 2017 - Advance Parole Approved (after 100 days)

October 20th 2017 - Received Advance Parole in the mail

November 16th 2017 - 'New Card Is Being Produced' (after 108 days)

November 25th 2017 - Received EAD in the mail

August 16th, 2018 - Status Changed to "Interview Was Scheduled"

August 25th, 2018 - Interview Scheduled For September 25, 2018

September 25th, 2018 - Green Card Approved at Interview

October 3rd, 2018 - Received Green Card In The Mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, JayDGODITRUST said:

For me it took 18 days from the day USCIS received my package

No NOA as yet 

I see a mail coming in today ill just wait and see what it is 

I have a similar timeline as you do and I haven’t received my NOA yet, however I did receive a letter in the mail today confirming that my fingerprints were taken ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.