JayDGODITRUST

June 2020 I-751 filers

1,349 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Christy&J said:

This instruction said during the period of marriage.

But I am sure that it is vary, i.e someone who has been married for over xx years they do not required to do so. But for some who i.e. came here as K1 and just married for 2 years or so it is encourage.

Well at least me I got here on K1 in 2018 and got married after 3 days after and granted GC in 3 month after filed AOS so I am attaching everything from the day I step into the marriage even some pics prior marriage,as we have been 7 years together prior marriage.

Screenshot_20200625-160136_Chrome.jpg

For your case since you got here on a K-1, you just need to provide proof since the marriage.  For couples who were approved a K3 visa (spouse visa), you just need to provide evidence since the couple moved to the USA.  If you think about it, if the couple were married prior to applying for a visa and then were approved, no need to provide evidence 2 years after the approval for anything prior to applying for the K3 visa.  For example, my friend was married in 2016 and their K3 visa was approved in 2018, when they applied for their I-751, all proofs provided were from 2018 to present date.  Why provide proof from 2016 or 2017 when the USCIS already approved their case in 2018.

For your case though, what you did is correct

16 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

We received a letter in the mail yesterday from USCIS. It was the notice to tell us that we do not have to do biometrics as they are using the previous fingerprints. We already knew this because of a text received a few days prior to the letter. So, we still wait for the official extension letter. Is anyone else here waiting for this in order to renew their driver’s license?  

Did you pay only $595 or you paid $680? Going to fill the form for the credit card but wondering if I need to fill 2 forms: one of $595 and other of $85 or just the whole fee biometrics+form. 

I-751:

07/09: Package received by uscis

07/14: Credit card charged

07/16: Text notification (YSC center)

07/22: Fingerprints applied to my case

07/30: NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
16 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

We received a letter in the mail yesterday from USCIS. It was the notice to tell us that we do not have to do biometrics as they are using the previous fingerprints. We already knew this because of a text received a few days prior to the letter. So, we still wait for the official extension letter. Is anyone else here waiting for this in order to renew their driver’s license?  

Wait, so you received a letter that you don't have to do the biometrics because they are going to use the previous fingerprints? I wonder if that will happen to me. We paid $680 for my husbands lifting conditions, which I think included the biometrics fee as well. We are still waiting for our official extension letter as well. 

You may not need the letter to renew the drivers license. You should be able to do it online, but it may depend on the state you live in? I had a family member who just needed to renew their license in NYS and it didn't ask about immigration status/info.

9 minutes ago, Aquilina said:

Did you pay only $595 or you paid $680? Going to fill the form for the credit card but wondering if I need to fill 2 forms: one of $595 and other of $85 or just the whole fee biometrics+form. 

just one form for the total amount of $680

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

43 minutes ago, Rose Iaquinto said:

Wait, so you received a letter that you don't have to do the biometrics because they are going to use the previous fingerprints? I wonder if that will happen to me. We paid $680 for my husbands lifting conditions, which I think included the biometrics fee as well. We are still waiting for our official extension letter as well. 

You may not need the letter to renew the drivers license. You should be able to do it online, but it may depend on the state you live in? I had a family member who just needed to renew their license in NYS and it didn't ask about immigration status/info.

That’s the trend that’s going on now with USCIS 

they are using prior biometrics taken 

however they’ll still need you to submit the full filling fee including the biometrics fee

some will probably get a letter saying they update the case using the old finger prints

its the norm right now 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
17 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

I’m not sure about your question.  However, in filling out forms for USCIS, you should use the name as it is printed on her green card. 

Thanks for answering my question. On her green card Last name is Hoang, Given name is Thi Ngoc Lan. But in Vietnam her last name is Hoang, First name is Lan and middle name is Thi Ngoc. Her first name now become middle name and her middle name become first name. So What I fill out in First name and Middle name fields on I-751 form now? 

Edited by hopelifebetter201

CR1

Texas Service Center

NOA1: 7/17/17

RFE: 3/5/18

RFE SENT: 5/3/18

RFE RECEIVED: 5/9/18

Approved: 5/25/18

Sent to NVC : 6/13/18

NVC received: 6/21/18

Case number: 7/19/2018

Pay AOS & IV fees: 7/19/18

CEAC shut down on 7/19/18 until 7/31/18

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

Civil and AOS package uploaded: 8/3/18

Case complete: 8/6/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
17 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

Waiting on my letter to renew my driver's license as well.

Timeline
On 6/27/2020 at 6:49 PM, izavox said:

Right? It's gonna work out. Good luck to us all! 

I was already here and did the biometrics for AOS (I believe everyone has to do it). I think they are using the previous biometrics information,  since the offices are closed due to COVID-19. Not super sure though. You are still required to pay for the $85 fee though, unfortunately. 

They charged my card $765, is that a normal fee?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, hannac said:

They charged my card $765, is that a normal fee?

That's odd. Currently the fee is $680 ($595 for the I-751 + $85 for the biometrics). Did you put $680 in the card form?

ROC:

June 27, 2020 - Sent packet via USPS

July 3, 2020 - Case Received (California Service Center)

August 5, 2020 - NOA Received

January 6, 2021: Case Transferred to NBC Office

July 6, 2021: Previous biometrics reused

October 12, 2021: Interview Scheduled for November 8, 2021

November 8, 2021: Permanent Green Card Approved!

Timeline (From J-1 visa to Adjustment of Status):

Juy 3rd 2017 - Got Married!

July 8th 2017 - Mailed AOS packet

July 11th 2017 - PD

August 14th 2017 - Biometrics Appt (for I-485)

August 21th 2017 - Biometrics (for I-765)

August 24th 2017 - Updated online for Case Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

October 16th 2017 - Advance Parole Approved (after 100 days)

October 20th 2017 - Received Advance Parole in the mail

November 16th 2017 - 'New Card Is Being Produced' (after 108 days)

November 25th 2017 - Received EAD in the mail

August 16th, 2018 - Status Changed to "Interview Was Scheduled"

August 25th, 2018 - Interview Scheduled For September 25, 2018

September 25th, 2018 - Green Card Approved at Interview

October 3rd, 2018 - Received Green Card In The Mail

Timeline
4 minutes ago, izavox said:

That's odd. Currently the fee is $680 ($595 for the I-751 + $85 for the biometrics). Did you put $680 in the card form?

My Lawyer office filed it for me. I just saw the $765 deduction from my card.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, hannac said:

My Lawyer office filed it for me. I just saw the $765 deduction from my card.

Are you including the biometrics for you only or for someone else as well? It's $85 per person filling and there's 2 x $85 in that amount deducted. :) 

ROC:

June 27, 2020 - Sent packet via USPS

July 3, 2020 - Case Received (California Service Center)

August 5, 2020 - NOA Received

January 6, 2021: Case Transferred to NBC Office

July 6, 2021: Previous biometrics reused

October 12, 2021: Interview Scheduled for November 8, 2021

November 8, 2021: Permanent Green Card Approved!

Timeline (From J-1 visa to Adjustment of Status):

Juy 3rd 2017 - Got Married!

July 8th 2017 - Mailed AOS packet

July 11th 2017 - PD

August 14th 2017 - Biometrics Appt (for I-485)

August 21th 2017 - Biometrics (for I-765)

August 24th 2017 - Updated online for Case Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

October 16th 2017 - Advance Parole Approved (after 100 days)

October 20th 2017 - Received Advance Parole in the mail

November 16th 2017 - 'New Card Is Being Produced' (after 108 days)

November 25th 2017 - Received EAD in the mail

August 16th, 2018 - Status Changed to "Interview Was Scheduled"

August 25th, 2018 - Interview Scheduled For September 25, 2018

September 25th, 2018 - Green Card Approved at Interview

October 3rd, 2018 - Received Green Card In The Mail

I’ll update later on 

maybe finger print mail 🤷🏽‍♂️ Not sure but I’m out of state for business I’ll have my wife update me on it!

26BCBCDA-C5EA-4B22-BC68-C6155F271D5E.jpeg

Edited by JayDGODITRUST

4 hours ago, Christy&J said:

This instruction said during the period of marriage.

But I am sure that it is vary, i.e someone who has been married for over xx years they do not required to do so. But for some who i.e. came here as K1 and just married for 2 years or so it is encourage.

Well at least me I got here on K1 in 2018 and got married after 3 days after and granted GC in 3 month after filed AOS so I am attaching everything from the day I step into the marriage even some pics prior marriage,as we have been 7 years together prior marriage.

Screenshot_20200625-160136_Chrome.jpg

That is correct- and it is also logic. However, logic does not necessarily apply to anything to do with dealing with authorities. For my I-130, the lawyers office wanted me to get a police record from GA, even though it was not necessary, nor easily possible (as I was out of the country) and my husband simply denied that request and got into an argument with the assistant about the non-logic of that request. 
Also, Chris&J and I are German. I can SO empathize with the need to follow the instructions to a T, it’s in our genes, 😂 I personally read the original text in the immigration law to be sure and find it extremely interesting how vague it actually is. 

so the instructions clearly say „from marriage to now“, which makes only sense if they are dealing with K1 or if they do not have the complete A-file at hand with prior submissions from the entire GC process. My USC rolls his eyes and would only submit 10 documents, while I wring my hands in agony over imprecise instructions.. 

Edited by BobKat

timeline (ROC):

06/29/2020 - package sent with USPS to Dallas lockbox

07/01/2020 - package delivered and signed for 

07/08/2020 - CC charged

07/10/2020 - text message received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, JayDGODITRUST said:

That’s the trend that’s going on now with USCIS 

they are using prior biometrics taken 

however they’ll still need you to submit the full filling fee including the biometrics fee

some will probably get a letter saying they update the case using the old finger prints

its the norm right now 

Any idea about how long it is taking for June filers to get the biometric update, also did you get ur NOA ?

ROC Timeline

June 15, 2020: Sent package through USPS

June 18, 2020: Delivered to Arizona PO box

June 23, 2020: Credit Card Debited

June 24, 2020: E notification for case (LIN-Receipt) 

July  15, 2020: Case was updated to show that fingerprints were taken

July 16, 2020 : Official NOA letter dated July 1 was received  

July 20, 2020 : Official fingerprint taken notice dated July 15 was received

March 05, 2021: Status updated to "Card in Production"

March 06, 2021: Status updated to I-751 Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.