JayDGODITRUST

June 2020 I-751 filers

1,349 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DILAW said:

So with the i-751, what is the first most important event?  Is it receiving the NOA?  Because I know once you have the NAO letter along with the PR card means it's extended for 18 months. 

Yep, agree on NOA, because that is the official documentation that your application has been accepted, plus its proof of your LPR status.

1 hour ago, DILAW said:

"How long does it take to get the NAO from the date of fingerprints carried over or added?"

Used to be around 2 weeks mark from the received date of the application, with some exceptions ie taking a bit longer than that (~a month). 

An appointment notice to appear for biometrics or in the case of biometrics being added to the case without the need to appear in person, a notice stating that, usually arrives after the first NOA. However, if you look at the April and May filers groups, a lot has reported not receiving their first NOAs till date but they have received their biometrics addition notices already.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
59 minutes ago, BobKat said:

Hello everyone! Preparing to send package to TX lockbox on June 29th. I have prepared our joint bank account statements, joint-filed tax return/account transcripts, our joint car lease, joint car tax, joint car insurance, joint e-renter insurance, joint apartment lease, joint KP healthcare cards, joint Costco membership cards, Trusted traveler cards, Both ID/DL showing shared address. Further, envelope from IRS showing both our names, White House Corona Relief letter addressing us both, vet bills in my name to our address, water/electricity bill in my husbands name to our address, some letters from German authorities to me at our address, letters from our health insurance to each of us sent to our address (recent). Also, I have a few photos of us at activities we like to do together, and when we were at a friends/ colleagues wedding, plus some photos of us and in-laws at our niece‘s graduation party last Saturday. I plan to print out some Facebook/text messages I received from friends, inviting us to festivities or wishing well.
My dear husband thinks I worry too much and wonders if the cost of the package due to its weight might exceed the filing fee..😂 His take is: we are married, in love and living together finally after about 10 years of long-distance..that’s all we need to know. I however like to quadruple check everything.  🙄 I guess many of you are in a similar place.  
We filed our I-130 and waiver of home residency requirement with a lawyer and it cost us so much money, we decided to not use a lawyer this time. The quote I received from him for filing the I-751 made me nearly fall off my chair. 

anyways-TL;DR-I wish everyone a successful ROC! 
Kat

Best Of luck for Your package.Seems like you have more than though.I am kinda like that too.I over worry and over do things.I keep checking the same thing 1000 times.So I can understand 🤣🤣 No worries.we filled our I-130 through lawyer and she charged us altogether more than $1500.This time we are doing all by ourselves.I sent my package yesterday through UPS (Next day delivery ).It charged me $94..I checked right now my package has been delivered.Hope things go fine.All the best again.😊

On 6/22/2020 at 3:03 PM, doggieandsam said:

me too! i wonder if that's where all the new ROC cases are going? unless you are ROC'ing from CR1, those seem to be going to NBC

I am in Potomac too. Package delivered to AZ lockbox on 6/17. Text notification with a YSCxxx number.

ROC   Fedex shipped package on 6/16/2020

Package delivered to AZ location on 6/17/2020

Case received on 6/23/2020 with text update. 

NOA with 18-month extension received on 7/6/2020.

2-year Green card expires on 8/28/2020

34 minutes ago, Ajt3 said:

Best Of luck for Your package.Seems like you have more than though.I am kinda like that too.I over worry and over do things.I keep checking the same thing 1000 times.So I can understand 🤣🤣 No worries.we filled our I-130 through lawyer and she charged us altogether more than $1500.This time we are doing all by ourselves.I sent my package yesterday through UPS (Next day delivery ).It charged me $94..I checked right now my package has been delivered.Hope things go fine.All the best again.😊

Thank you! I find processes like this nerve-wrecking due to giving up control. More my own problem for sure, lol. I was obsessing over N/A vs blank in the I-751 fields for about an hour earlier. Putting N/A into everything looks strange in the file itself.. but whatever is in the instructions...

What I am a bit restless about though is the probability of long delays - I need to visit my mother, as she is not doing very well, I plan for August, but It looks like I can plan nothing anymore either due to Covid or other delays. SIGH. 

Yes, I guess that is what causes me most stress, really. 

timeline (ROC):

06/29/2020 - package sent with USPS to Dallas lockbox

07/01/2020 - package delivered and signed for 

07/08/2020 - CC charged

07/10/2020 - text message received

32 minutes ago, sebastianshaw said:

Was off the forum for a few days, but I have good news, got the credit card debit alert yesterday and got the e-notification on phone today with a LIN receipt. Nebraska service center apparently! 

best of luck  everybody! 

That’s great! How long did it take for your payment to be accepted? I’m just curious because our package was received on Friday and I’ve been checking our bank account several times a day (I know it could be a week or two) 😂 

Good luck!

14 minutes ago, Nafisa & Bryce said:

That’s great! How long did it take for your payment to be accepted? I’m just curious because our package was received on Friday and I’ve been checking our bank account several times a day (I know it could be a week or two) 😂 

Good luck!

Seems to be happening within 4-5 working days after delivery for us here.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Nafisa & Bryce said:

Good luck!

For Phoenix lockbox I have observed if they receive your application till Thursday of a week, you will get the money debited on Monday and notification on Tuesday (this is general pattern, there are definite exceptions) my case definitely followed the general pattern

June 18 acceptance of package

June  23 debit money 

June 24 notification with receipt number 

ROC Timeline

June 15, 2020: Sent package through USPS

June 18, 2020: Delivered to Arizona PO box

June 23, 2020: Credit Card Debited

June 24, 2020: E notification for case (LIN-Receipt) 

July  15, 2020: Case was updated to show that fingerprints were taken

July 16, 2020 : Official NOA letter dated July 1 was received  

July 20, 2020 : Official fingerprint taken notice dated July 15 was received

March 05, 2021: Status updated to "Card in Production"

March 06, 2021: Status updated to I-751 Approved

On 6/23/2020 at 1:30 PM, peachouille said:

Having your green card expire and no NOA does NOT mean you need a stamp to continue working. It just means you don't have proof of status, but your status is still valid.

If you still have the same job and you presented your conditional green card when you got hired, they are not allowed to ask to reverify your status:

If you have a new job, you don't need to ever present the green card. A state ID/license and an unrestricted social security card together are proof of eligibility, see acceptable documents. They are not allowed to demand a specific type of document to prove your status:

The problem arises for people who either don't have an unrestricted SS card because they didn't change it after AOS, or have their license expire with the green card.

From what I've seen lately, USCIS has not been very cooperative with people about scheduling an appointment to get a stamp, requiring them to wait until the last minute or send proof that they need it for employment.

Hope this helps!

Thanks @peachouille, that was really helpful! :) I appreciate it. 

On 6/23/2020 at 4:30 PM, peachouille said:

If you have a new job, you don't need to ever present the green card. A state ID/license and an unrestricted social security card together are proof of eligibility, see acceptable documents. They are not allowed to demand a specific type of document to prove your status:

The problem arises for people who either don't have an unrestricted SS card because they didn't change it after AOS, or have their license expire with the green card.

thanks for this info. could one get an unrestricted SS card with just a green card? what about a conditional green card? wish i knew about this when i finished my AOS and i could have tried to do it then, now it is too late.

your 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, BobKat said:

Thank you! I find processes like this nerve-wrecking due to giving up control. More my own problem for sure, lol. I was obsessing over N/A vs blank in the I-751 fields for about an hour earlier. Putting N/A into everything looks strange in the file itself.. but whatever is in the instructions...

What I am a bit restless about though is the probability of long delays - I need to visit my mother, as she is not doing very well, I plan for August, but It looks like I can plan nothing anymore either due to Covid or other delays. SIGH. 

Yes, I guess that is what causes me most stress, really. 

I know.Even I planned to Visit India for my Brother's Wedding in August.But due to Covid they postponed everything.Even half of the international flights are not operating.This whole year is really going crazy for everyone.

And I did Put N/A for all blanks with pen becoz Adobe reader didn't allow me to Put N/A.So my form is a mixed of typing and hand written fillings 🤣🤣🤣

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
25 minutes ago, doggieandsam said:

thanks for this info. could one get an unrestricted SS card with just a green card? what about a conditional green card? wish i knew about this when i finished my AOS and i could have tried to do it then, now it is too late.

Yes you can, does not matter if it’s a conditional green card or not.
Is yours still valid? If so, try to do it before it expires. You need to file a form and go to the social security office (which I hope are open), see more info here.

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

01/24/22: Approved!

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

3 minutes ago, peachouille said:

Yes you can, does not matter if it’s a conditional green card or not.
Is yours still valid? If so, try to do it before it expires. You need to file a form and go to the social security office (which I hope are open), see more info here.

thanks and yes, it's still valid (expires 8/29/20) but the offices are closed for in person transactions and changing the text on the card requires an in person transaction. :(

your 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.