JayDGODITRUST

June 2020 I-751 filers

1,349 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, doggieandsam said:

That might indeed be why! Let us know how the call went, hopefully you get your case number at least through there!

I called this morning and only had to wait a few minutes. They gave me the number over the phone (it is at MSC). I checked the status and it says “case received”. Just glad I can now check it for updates.

Thank you everyone for your help! 👏🏼👍🏻

40 minutes ago, cazzz84 said:

I called this morning and only had to wait a few minutes. They gave me the number over the phone (it is at MSC). I checked the status and it says “case received”. Just glad I can now check it for updates.

Thank you everyone for your help! 👏🏼👍🏻

What number did you call? What details do you need to provide to them to get the #?

2 hours ago, thoko said:

What number did you call? What details do you need to provide to them to get the #?

I just called the general USCIS number from their website. They asked for my A- number and some personal details. Then I just said I forgot to compete that form and could I have my receipt number. They were cool about it and also said if I don’t receive my written notice within 30 days, to email the lockbox.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 hours ago, kpmartini said:

Update on my ROC case. Received a NOA stating that the fingerprints from my previous case will be applied to the ROC and that I do not have to appear for a biometrics appointment and the fee will not be refunded.

Also, still waiting for the first NOA that case was received with receipt number... anyone get this yet? 

ROC Timeline:

June 1 2020- sent package I-751

June 4 2020- Delivered to TX PO Box

June 9 2020- Credit Card charged for the $680

June 16 2020- Online case update; fingerprints applied to case

June 22 2020- received physical NOA for fingerprints being applied to case

19 hours ago, kpmartini said:

Update on my ROC case. Received a NOA stating that the fingerprints from my previous case will be applied to the ROC and that I do not have to appear for a biometrics appointment and the fee will not be refunded.

Also, still waiting for the first NOA that case was received with receipt number... anyone get this yet? 

ROC Timeline:

June 1 2020- sent package I-751

June 4 2020- Delivered to TX PO Box

June 9 2020- Credit Card charged for the $680

June 16 2020- Online case update; fingerprints applied to case

June 22 2020- received physical NOA for fingerprints being applied to case

We have exactly same dates. Now it’s a waiting game for The extension NOA

I reviewed this thread and there's lots of good info here indeed.  However, reading that some applicant's packages weighted 4 lb to 15 lb is shocking to me.  I have helped 3 friends succssfully remove conditions (I-751) for their spouses and all 3 did have kids from the marriage, but none of their packages weighted over 2 lb (most were 1 to 1.5 lb max).  None received a RFE.  I never included copies of their passports.  Here is what I included for each of the 3 petitions:

• Front and rear copies of the PR card on the same page (both on one side)
  • Copy of their child's birth certificate (1 copy)
  • 1 out of the 3 included 3 affidavits from friends/family (1 page for each affidavit).  The other 2 didn't include this
  • Tax Transcripts for 2 years showing them filing jointly
  • 2 out of the 3 included a copy of their Savings & Stock Investment Program (SSIP) account statement (3 pages).  This was printed from their emplyee benefits site
  • 1 out of the 3 included their Bank's savings account (3 or 4 pages from Citizen's Bank).  The other 2 didn't include this
  • A copy of their medical insurance showing they are under the same covergae.  This was a screenshot of their medical profile on their employer's benefits site
  • Copy of State ID showing their address
  • 1 out of the 3 sent 1 picture of him and his wife in a park and the and the other 2 included 2-3 pictures of them together with family

So the total pages to proof the relationship is anywhere between 15 to 20 pages.  The I-751 off course was 11 pages, G1145 was 1 page and finally G1450 was 1 page.

I am not saying including too much information is bad.  From dealing with the USCIS/NVC and even different consulates from Africa to Asia, you just need to submit a good source of proof and only supplying what they ask should be good enough.  

A USCIS agent at my local USCIS office told me how applicants send all these extra proofs that make it hard for the officer to complete their process due to the huge # of documents they have to review.  I remember the officer telling me "If the couple had a baby after entering the US, birth certificate of the new born is 70% proof of a valid relationship/marriage. Include a utility bill with both of their name on it and that could be all the proof we need to approve it."  BUT she did say to include everything and whatever the petitioner wants.  

4 minutes ago, DILAW said:

I reviewed this thread and there's lots of good info here indeed.  However, reading that some applicant's packages weighted 4 lb to 15 lb is shocking to me.  I have helped 3 friends succssfully remove conditions (I-751) for their spouses and all 3 did have kids from the marriage, but none of their packages weighted over 2 lb (most were 1 to 1.5 lb max).  None received a RFE.  I never included copies of their passports.  Here is what I included for each of the 3 petitions:

• Front and rear copies of the PR card on the same page (both on one side)
  • Copy of their child's birth certificate (1 copy)
  • 1 out of the 3 included 3 affidavits from friends/family (1 page for each affidavit).  The other 2 didn't include this
  • Tax Transcripts for 2 years showing them filing jointly
  • 2 out of the 3 included a copy of their Savings & Stock Investment Program (SSIP) account statement (3 pages).  This was printed from their emplyee benefits site
  • 1 out of the 3 included their Bank's savings account (3 or 4 pages from Citizen's Bank).  The other 2 didn't include this
  • A copy of their medical insurance showing they are under the same covergae.  This was a screenshot of their medical profile on their employer's benefits site
  • Copy of State ID showing their address
  • 1 out of the 3 sent 1 picture of him and his wife in a park and the and the other 2 included 2-3 pictures of them together with family

So the total pages to proof the relationship is anywhere between 15 to 20 pages.  The I-751 off course was 11 pages, G1145 was 1 page and finally G1450 was 1 page.

I am not saying including too much information is bad.  From dealing with the USCIS/NVC and even different consulates from Africa to Asia, you just need to submit a good source of proof and only supplying what they ask should be good enough.  

A USCIS agent at my local USCIS office told me how applicants send all these extra proofs that make it hard for the officer to complete their process due to the huge # of documents they have to review.  I remember the officer telling me "If the couple had a baby after entering the US, birth certificate of the new born is 70% proof of a valid relationship/marriage. Include a utility bill with both of their name on it and that could be all the proof we need to approve it."  BUT she did say to include everything and whatever the petitioner wants.  

The 1 friend I helped that included a joint bank account statement only supplied 2 statements and blurred the balance and the first 4 or 5 digits of the bank account.  I actually told him no to, but he simply told me "They have my wife's and my SSN and they can pull the bank info if they wish" and although I thought it will raise red flags, hi's spouses application was approved with no issues.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
14 minutes ago, DILAW said:

Most of us don’t have kids though, so we just don’t want to risk it. Especially since that memo at the end on 2018, they’ve become much more likely to send RFEs for no reason. 😩

Edited by peachouille

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

01/24/22: Approved!

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, peachouille said:

Most of us don’t have kids though, so we just don’t want to risk it. Especially since that memo at the end on 2018, they’ve become much more likely to send RFEs for no reason. 😩

I agree. IMO, it's best to overdeliver. You never know how they'll deal with the case. It was like that for the GC Interview. My friend and I were almost in the exact situation. The person who interviewed me and my husband didt have a lot of questions for us besides the standard one and we were approved on the spot within 20 minutes or so. My friend got drilled and only received her approval a few days later. 

This is not the same as the GC Interview, obviously, but my point is that it's hard to predict how they'll accept our paperwork, seeing that some similar cases sometimes are dealt a bit differently. :) 

Edited by izavox

ROC:

June 27, 2020 - Sent packet via USPS

July 3, 2020 - Case Received (California Service Center)

August 5, 2020 - NOA Received

January 6, 2021: Case Transferred to NBC Office

July 6, 2021: Previous biometrics reused

October 12, 2021: Interview Scheduled for November 8, 2021

November 8, 2021: Permanent Green Card Approved!

Timeline (From J-1 visa to Adjustment of Status):

Juy 3rd 2017 - Got Married!

July 8th 2017 - Mailed AOS packet

July 11th 2017 - PD

August 14th 2017 - Biometrics Appt (for I-485)

August 21th 2017 - Biometrics (for I-765)

August 24th 2017 - Updated online for Case Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

October 16th 2017 - Advance Parole Approved (after 100 days)

October 20th 2017 - Received Advance Parole in the mail

November 16th 2017 - 'New Card Is Being Produced' (after 108 days)

November 25th 2017 - Received EAD in the mail

August 16th, 2018 - Status Changed to "Interview Was Scheduled"

August 25th, 2018 - Interview Scheduled For September 25, 2018

September 25th, 2018 - Green Card Approved at Interview

October 3rd, 2018 - Received Green Card In The Mail

1 minute ago, peachouille said:

I remember the 1st thing the officer told me was "If the couple have a kid after entering the US, it's an easy process".  So yeah, not having kids I guess can push someone to send more proofs.  Not in thei thread, but I swear I read in another forum that someone send around 50 pictures.  That person wrote that ever since they entered the country, they took at least 2 pictures a month only for Immigration which I think is insane.

Again, I am not arguing with anyone but how is a picture of passport for both the US Citizen spouse and their immigrant spouse supposed to proof their relationship?  Or pictures from their wedding when they received their PR card AFTER getting married proof they have a relationship now?  Maybe this is how I feel because I have done this 3 times, but my friends all had kids

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, peachouille said:

I agree with you. I don't have kid, and my husband and I don't have any mortgage or property either. There are some common evidence we just don't have. Therefore, we sent as many evidence as we could, trying to establish a good case.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, nepttako said:

I agree with you. I don't have kid, and my husband and I don't have any mortgage or property either. There are some common evidence we just don't have. Therefore, we sent as many evidence as we could, trying to establish a good case.

My situation as well. 

ROC:

June 27, 2020 - Sent packet via USPS

July 3, 2020 - Case Received (California Service Center)

August 5, 2020 - NOA Received

January 6, 2021: Case Transferred to NBC Office

July 6, 2021: Previous biometrics reused

October 12, 2021: Interview Scheduled for November 8, 2021

November 8, 2021: Permanent Green Card Approved!

Timeline (From J-1 visa to Adjustment of Status):

Juy 3rd 2017 - Got Married!

July 8th 2017 - Mailed AOS packet

July 11th 2017 - PD

August 14th 2017 - Biometrics Appt (for I-485)

August 21th 2017 - Biometrics (for I-765)

August 24th 2017 - Updated online for Case Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

October 16th 2017 - Advance Parole Approved (after 100 days)

October 20th 2017 - Received Advance Parole in the mail

November 16th 2017 - 'New Card Is Being Produced' (after 108 days)

November 25th 2017 - Received EAD in the mail

August 16th, 2018 - Status Changed to "Interview Was Scheduled"

August 25th, 2018 - Interview Scheduled For September 25, 2018

September 25th, 2018 - Green Card Approved at Interview

October 3rd, 2018 - Received Green Card In The Mail

3 minutes ago, izavox said:

I agree. IMO, it's best to overdeliver. You never know how they'll deal with the case. It was like that for the GC Interview. My friend and I were almost in the exact situation. The person who interviewed me and my husband didt have a lot of questions for us besides the standard one and we were approved on the spot within 20 minutes or so. My friend got drilled and only received her approval a few days later. 

This is not the same as the GC Interview, obviously, but my point is that it's hard to predict how they'll accept our paperwork, seeing that some similar cases sometimes are dealt a bit differently. :) 

I see what you mean about overdelivering.  I have always tried my best to supply the minimum required info required, but the quality has to be BEST.  I will give you an example, some include 6 to 8 months of credit card statement and bank account statements, but for me I would include the first month's statement the account was opened, include another 4 months later and the last month's stament before submitting the petition.  For pictures, I wouldn't include more than 3 pictures.  Speaking of pictures, I always suggest including pictures (if was taken) before a major event like after baby is delivered or during a celebration of a well known holiday.  

i think compiling the supporting documentation varies by case and really depends on the quality of evidence provided to create a convincing enough case. the official reminder notice did say to submit proof for the whole duration of the marriage. for instance, submitting bank statements as proof of joint finances and proof of "doing life together", I interpreted that to mean periodic statements over a 2-3 year period, not just the from the last 2 months. but that is just me...my motto in dealing with USCIS has always been: if even after careful consideration I am still in doubt, send it. This process is already stressful and anxiety inducing in the best circumstances, so if I can alleviate some of that by the things I can control and sending an extra paper here and there, I'd rather do that.   

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Also, lots of applicants here say they are nervous or stressed and I know this feeling is coming from a good place.  But don't be nervous/stressed.  You are already living with your spouse and I am sure your marriage is legit.  If they want more proofs, send them what they want.  If they visit your residence, welcome them.  If they want to interview you in person, go right ahead.  You have nothing to worry because the most important thing is that you are happily living with your spouse together.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.