JayDGODITRUST

June 2020 I-751 filers

1,349 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, doggieandsam said:

i think compiling the supporting documentation varies by case and really depends on the quality of evidence provided to create a convincing enough case. the official reminder notice did say to submit proof for the whole duration of the marriage. for instance, submitting bank statements as proof of joint finances and proof of "doing life together", I interpreted that to mean periodic statements over a 2-3 year period, not just the from the last 2 months. but that is just me...my motto in dealing with USCIS has always been: if even after careful consideration I am still in doubt, send it. This process is already stressful and anxiety inducing in the best circumstances, so if I can alleviate some of that by the things I can control and sending an extra paper here and there, I'd rather do that.   

I see what you mean and again like i said before, I am not saying supplying too much information is a bad thing.  I was a government employee myself for awhile and they are the ones that taught me to supply the minimum and "only answer the questions you are asked".  What you sent makes sense, but again I am speaking from what I have seen and what local USCIS officers discussed with me.  

I imagine someone has asked this before, and forgive me if the answer should be obvious, but if we don't receive our first NOA before our green card expires, we need the I-551 stamp in our passport to continue working, is this correct? I see on the USCIS website that we have to call the contact center to get an appointment at a local office, so I'm wondering if anyone knows how quickly they are setting these appointments up? I'm a little concerned as I just looked at the May filers and many of them still haven't received their NOA's... 

27 minutes ago, ALittleBritish said:

I imagine someone has asked this before, and forgive me if the answer should be obvious, but if we don't receive our first NOA before our green card expires, we need the I-551 stamp in our passport to continue working, is this correct? I see on the USCIS website that we have to call the contact center to get an appointment at a local office, so I'm wondering if anyone knows how quickly they are setting these appointments up? I'm a little concerned as I just looked at the May filers and many of them still haven't received their NOA's... 

Why not call the USCIS and ask them when you can schedule an appointment?  You can't schedule an appointent online like we used to be able to, so I would say call them to get the best answer

22 minutes ago, DILAW said:

Why not call the USCIS and ask them when you can schedule an appointment?  You can't schedule an appointent online like we used to be able to, so I would say call them to get the best answer

Yep, I will be doing that. I just wanted to see if anyone has any personal experience with it, especially since information can vary from officer to officer. 

5 hours ago, cazzz84 said:

I called this morning and only had to wait a few minutes. They gave me the number over the phone (it is at MSC). I checked the status and it says “case received”. Just glad I can now check it for updates.

Thank you everyone for your help! 👏🏼👍🏻

That’s great news!  Such a relief to know that things are moving along. 

2 hours ago, DILAW said:

Also, lots of applicants here say they are nervous or stressed and I know this feeling is coming from a good place.  But don't be nervous/stressed.  You are already living with your spouse and I am sure your marriage is legit.  If they want more proofs, send them what they want.  If they visit your residence, welcome them.  If they want to interview you in person, go right ahead.  You have nothing to worry because the most important thing is that you are happily living with your spouse together.

Exactly. This is a walk in the park compared to the other 2 processes we did (K-1 and AOS.)  So much less stress. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, ALittleBritish said:

Having your green card expire and no NOA does NOT mean you need a stamp to continue working. It just means you don't have proof of status, but your status is still valid.

If you still have the same job and you presented your conditional green card when you got hired, they are not allowed to ask to reverify your status:

EMPLOYERS SHOULD NOT REVERIFY:
  • Lawful permanent residents who presented a Form I-551, Permanent Resident or Alien Registration Receipt card for Section 2. This includes conditional residents. (Source)

If you have a new job, you don't need to ever present the green card. A state ID/license and an unrestricted social security card together are proof of eligibility, see acceptable documents. They are not allowed to demand a specific type of document to prove your status:

Your employer may not

• Demand a specific document when reverifying that you are authorized to work. You may present any document either from List A or from List C of the Lists of Acceptable Documents to demonstrate that you are still authorized to work. (Source)

The problem arises for people who either don't have an unrestricted SS card because they didn't change it after AOS, or have their license expire with the green card.

From what I've seen lately, USCIS has not been very cooperative with people about scheduling an appointment to get a stamp, requiring them to wait until the last minute or send proof that they need it for employment.

Hope this helps!

Edited by peachouille

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

01/24/22: Approved!

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Sent my documents through UPS today.My window opened yesterday.Hopefully things will be Easy and Hassle free.I sent to Lewisville,Texas.opted for Next day delivery.Best of luck to all other June Fillers.🙂

22 minutes ago, JayDGODITRUST said:

Just dropping in guys to update my status here for the biometrics

i just got the update that case was updated to show finger prints were taken. 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾
 Let’s keep hoping for the best....I’m in 19 days 

Did you get that information through text message?

Edited by Diane and Chris

18 minutes ago, Diane and Chris said:

Did you get that information through text message?

Yes I got it through text and email 

Just went to the website and checked case status. The case was updated to show fingerprints were taken!  Our packet was received June 15th in Texas. Good news!

5 minutes ago, Diane and Chris said:

Just went to the website and checked case status. The case was updated to show fingerprints were taken!  Our packet was received June 15th in Texas. Good news!

Once you create an account on the website and them enable mobile notifications and email then you'll get promt that way

2 hours ago, JayDGODITRUST said:

Once you create an account on the website and them enable mobile notifications and email then you'll get promt that way

Thanks!  I just did that and it came through on my text. Thanks again. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.