NVC

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well, I was able to schedule an appointment with the consulate in Vietnam for July 22.  Unfortunately it's not for my wife's interview, it's for Notorial services for a purchase contract in the US.  They need my signature notarized.  This was the first time I've been able to schedule an interview on the online scheduling site.  So while they still aren't open for immigration interviews at least we are starting to see some progress with them opening appointments for non-emergency US citizen services.  Hopefully immigration interviews follow soon!

Edited by Stein

23 hours ago, Alix64 said:

It took them 10 days to respond to our email.

And here is the answer :(

Due to COVID-19 concerns, the U.S. Embassy in Paris has suspended visa services. We are unable to forward your expedite request to the U.S. Embassy for review. The U.S. Embassy will resume visa services as soon as possible but cannot provide a specific date. Please continue working with NVC to prepare your case. For the most up-to-date information about the U.S. Embassy's operating status, please visit the Embassy's website at https://usembassy.gov. You may wish to resubmit your request once the U.S. Embassy resumes routine services.

Naively, I thought that eventhough the Embassy was closed, they would still be working "backstage". It seems they are not. At least at the Embassy in Paris, city where now, most of the Covid is gone.

We send the email on June 1rst and got the reply early this morning (June10th).

Stressful in terms of work, flat rental, my family, etc. Hard to organise anything. I know we are all in the same situation so I'm sorry for complaining (but sometimes it feels good to do so 😤).

I'll stay positive :)

Take care guys,

Alix

Alix!!! Ne t'inquiète pas!

We received the same email the when she sent our request. But two days later another agent sent us this one:

Good Day:

We apologize for our previous response and any confusion it may have caused. We are reviewing your request for expedited processing of this immigrant visa petition. We will notify you with the results when the review is complete.

Please note that only the U.S. Embassy has the ability to approve or deny expedite requests.

Peut-être qu'ils t’enverront celui-là aussi.... ours Expedite request ended up being denied 🙅‍♂️.

Bonne Chance!

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, David G said:

Peut-être qu'ils t’enverront celui-là aussi.... ours Expedite request ended up being denied 🙅‍♂️.

Bonne Chance!

We'll see 😇 thanks David for your encouragements and in perfect French !

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

14 minutes ago, TVC said:

What are some good reasons to expedite the interview that get accepted? I'm trying to think of any grounds we could have to expedite our case.

If your case truly warrants being expedited, is there a need to crowdsource or make up your rationale for it...?

Edited by MlgSea

30 minutes ago, MlgSea said:

If your case truly warrants being expedited, is there a need to crowdsource or make up your rationale for it...?

I'm sorry, is me getting my family here more quickly irritating to you?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
6 minutes ago, TVC said:

I'm sorry, do you think you're the only one going through the hardships of being separated from your family? 

Don't get snarky with MigSea. You aren't special in this forum.

9 minutes ago, TVC said:

Don't you mean *trying* to get your family there more quickly? And if you need help assembling stories to get your case expedited - which comes across as ingenuine - then yes, you best believe it'll irritate others who are patiently waiting in line. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually did away with the option to expedite because every other person and their mother think their case qualifies for the special treatment.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, TVC said:

This is absurd. All I was doing was asking why people are granted expedited cases. You people are unhelpful, rude, unhappy and have no impact on my life. 

It's very clear you asked for reasons in the context of hoping to skip the queue and get to the front of the line, cause if you have to grasp for reasons, they probably don't exist. I simply responded in kind, to how you responded.

But, I recognise I am having a tough time right now, like everyone on here which means you too. So I'll give a helpful answer;

Simply. there's no clear cut yes or no for expedite reasons. Because at the embassy stage, it entirely depends on the country policies and on the person reviewing the expedite. Some embassies are happy to approve for financial reasons, others aren't. Some embassies will expedite for seemingly insignificant things, others will laugh you to the back of the line. So examine the situations for you and your family in both countries and see if anything sticks out as a hardship (outside of being apart cause that won't work). If it doesn't, then you'll have a very hard time getting  stranger to sympathise and approve your request.

2 hours ago, TVC said:

What are some good reasons to expedite the interview that get accepted? I'm trying to think of any grounds we could have to expedite our case.

From the NVC Facebook group, it appears Philippines will expedite if you have a runny nose - literally every person from the Philippines posts their expedite approval, I think they are the easiest embassy to get it approved.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Somalia
Timeline
On 6/9/2020 at 6:05 PM, reashamoriba said:

Good luck everyone.  Our interview was rescheduled for this month.

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Senegal
Married: 2010-02-14
I-130 Sent : 2018-11-21
I-130 NOA1 : 2018-12-03
I-130 RFE : 2019-07-24
I-130 RFE Sent : 2019-08-09
I-130 Approved : 2019-08-22
NVC Received : 2019-09-03
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2019-10-15
Pay AOS Bill : 2019-10-15

Send AOS Package : 2019-11-14

Receive IV Bill : 2019-10-15
Pay IV Bill : 2019-10-15
Send IV Package : 2019-11-14
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2020-03-11
Case Completed at NVC : 2019-12-10

Interview Date : 2020-07-02

So your first appointment was cancelled previously and when was it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Asii said:

So your first appointment was cancelled previously and when was it?

3 appointments were cancelled, April, May & June. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Somalia
Timeline
1 minute ago, reashamoriba said:

3 appointments were cancelled, April, May & June. 

Ohh I see! good luck to your July one. mine was in March and cancelled- nothing from Kenya embassy since then. Hopefully they will open and get one in July too. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.