Dwarf_Ogress

Seen any good or bad movies lately?

106 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I saw Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Good movie! :thumbs:

We saw it this weekend because our 6 yr. old chose it over Shrek 3. It wasn't bad considering its PG rating.

(The next Harry Potter movie preview looked interesting)

Edited by Steven_and_Jinky

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I don't watch that many movies nowadays because most of them seem to be formulaic, derivative garbage.

Well jeez, look at the drivel you're renting. I don't think it's fair to write off an entire artform because you chose to rent Deja Vu! :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Deja Vu had potential, but all it was really about was Denzel saving a piece of hot a$. Save the pretty girl! Would have have been interested in saving her if she looked like Star Jones? Doubt it. It's all about the superficial. Plus, the plot was tissue-thin; I knew who the bad guy was almost instantly. I don't like it when it's that obvious.

I didn't think it was so much about finding the bad guy as it was him figuring out a way to change things. I did have a problem with the timeline though. The way I saw it, he had proved that there was a set of events that happened either because of his presence or regardless of his presence. To me, if some of those things happened, then all of those things should have happened.

I agree that the finding the bad guy was really secondary, especially since we found that out well before the climax of the film. Which events are you referring to that should have happened but did not?

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Deja Vu had potential, but all it was really about was Denzel saving a piece of hot a$. Save the pretty girl! Would have have been interested in saving her if she looked like Star Jones? Doubt it. It's all about the superficial. Plus, the plot was tissue-thin; I knew who the bad guy was almost instantly. I don't like it when it's that obvious.

I didn't think it was so much about finding the bad guy as it was him figuring out a way to change things. I did have a problem with the timeline though. The way I saw it, he had proved that there was a set of events that happened either because of his presence or regardless of his presence. To me, if some of those things happened, then all of those things should have happened.

I agree that the finding the bad guy was really secondary, especially since we found that out well before the climax of the film. Which events are you referring to that should have happened but did not?

In the original timeline, he came across things that happened as a result of himself going back in time- there was the phone message he got from his partner from the girl.

the ambulance crashed into the hidaway cabin.

the bloody clothes and fingerprints all over her apartment.

his partner dead because of the message they sent back.

All of these things occurred as a result of Denzel going back to the other timeline, and, the boat was still blown up and the girl was still killed. So, as we saw him doing these things in "real time" the outcome should have been the same as it was when we saw it after the fact, unless this was his third go around. Maybe that's it.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
All of these things occurred as a result of Denzel going back to the other timeline, and, the boat was still blown up and the girl was still killed. So, as we saw him doing these things in "real time" the outcome should have been the same as it was when we saw it after the fact, unless this was his third go around. Maybe that's it.

Well, the concept of time travel and changing events is rather mind boggling. I didn't perceive that to be a hole in the story, but rather something that is accepted as a part of these time travel type story lines.

I saw 'A Bronx Tale' on TV last night. I only saw parts before. Good flick.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

SICKO is gonna PWN!! time to open our eyes!! against the evilz monopoly of healthcare... :angry: :angry:

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

we saw Knocked Up and thought it was hilarious but a little too graphic :o Just unexpected!

Saw Catch a Fire last night...it was great for a true story but a little choppy with the plot line.

Blood Diamond...loved it...Opened our eyes to something we didn't really know about.

Lord of War too. I liked it. No happy ending to this movie though.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I saw Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Good movie! :thumbs:

Hapy to know cause it is on my list to watch..luv the comic to screen movies :yes:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
I don't watch that many movies nowadays because most of them seem to be formulaic, derivative garbage.

Well jeez, look at the drivel you're renting. I don't think it's fair to write off an entire artform because you chose to rent Deja Vu! :P

You didn't see what else was on offer! :lol:

SICKO is gonna PWN!! time to open our eyes!! against the evilz monopoly of healthcare... :angry: :angry:

It has already come under criticism in some parts of the UK for its extremely rosy portrayal of the NHS which does not in any way match reality.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yeah yeah, join the military then.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Deja Vu had potential, but all it was really about was Denzel saving a piece of hot a$$. Save the pretty girl! Would have have been interested in saving her if she looked like Star Jones? Doubt it. It's all about the superficial. Plus, the plot was tissue-thin; I knew who the bad guy was almost instantly. I don't like it when it's that obvious.

That movie was about the fourth I've seen in which someone has explained the folding space trick with a piece of paper.

It was also very exposition heavy, and slightly implausible how the physics doctor, after having explained why nothing can be sent back through time - then proceeds to go with Denzel Washington's layman's hunch. In reality, Denzel would have been turned inside out and the doctor would have gone to jail for gross negligence.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Deja Vu had potential, but all it was really about was Denzel saving a piece of hot a$$. Save the pretty girl! Would have have been interested in saving her if she looked like Star Jones? Doubt it. It's all about the superficial. Plus, the plot was tissue-thin; I knew who the bad guy was almost instantly. I don't like it when it's that obvious.

That movie was about the fourth I've seen in which someone has explained the folding space trick with a piece of paper.

It was also very exposition heavy, and slightly implausible how the physics doctor, after having explained why nothing can be sent back through time - then proceeds to go with Denzel Washington's layman's hunch. In reality, Denzel would have been turned inside out and the doctor would have gone to jail for gross negligence.

He's Denzel. So fine that even the space-time continuom can't touch him.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I was flipping through channels today and ended up on "The View". Michael Moore was on there talking about his movie "Sicko". I could only watch maybe a minute of it. You have a show with 4 opinionated women on there and it's total mayhem. Very chaotic. They all try to talk over each other trying to be in the spotlight. Michael Moore couldn't even answer questions they were asking. He kept asking them to let him finish answering. Of course, that didn't happen. It's the only time I've seen that show. And the last. ;)

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007