JODO

Southwest Airlines working toward international flights

39 posts in this topic

How about US airlines start serving food on flights over 1,000 miles first before worrying about expanding. Their management should also fly with Singapore and Emirates to learn something.

Now jet blue is a great carrier. American airlines is not too bad but needs to improve their in-flight service.

I cannot wait for Virgin America to start up.

Edited by Infidel

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

I heard Jet Blue was great from a lot of people, and I would LOVE to be able to afford Virgin!@!! ;) We usually fly United (well, Craig did British Airways a lot, too) and although everyone has different experiences with different airlines, United has always treated me really well and I've had nice flights. We all want to go over this Fall, possibly even my parents, but we're not sure yet. I'd probably choose United again,but it depends if another airline we like is less expensive then too...a lot of it depends on what job I can find..and SOON or we won't have any time to save up!!! :(

Anyway,the main thing I was going to say is this: and please don't anyone be offended! (Like I know you work/worked for SW, Shonnie) as I don't mean this in a rude way, and quite possibly I'm not even correct in thinking it...as all airlines have standards they MUST abide by here. (and most places I would think!!!) So, ok (getting there...you should know how I write by NOW!!!) :P So I thought SW was a budget airline basically. Well, that's good for the most part...but I'm nervous enough when I fly that I want to fly a major carrier that is NOT known to be a budget airline...as to me, budget=cheap=not as good (with airlines, not with most other things around our house anyway...I would love Gucci and Coach, but we're not about affordin' THAT right now! :lol: ) I bet a lot of nervous flyers might feel the same way I do...I'm not taking a budget airline overseas...I'm scared enough to fly already...ya know? Just a long, rambling thought. :) M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: Timeline
I heard Jet Blue was great from a lot of people, and I would LOVE to be able to afford Virgin!@!! ;) We usually fly United (well, Craig did British Airways a lot, too) and although everyone has different experiences with different airlines, United has always treated me really well and I've had nice flights. We all want to go over this Fall, possibly even my parents, but we're not sure yet. I'd probably choose United again,but it depends if another airline we like is less expensive then too...a lot of it depends on what job I can find..and SOON or we won't have any time to save up!!! :(

Anyway,the main thing I was going to say is this: and please don't anyone be offended! (Like I know you work/worked for SW, Shonnie) as I don't mean this in a rude way, and quite possibly I'm not even correct in thinking it...as all airlines have standards they MUST abide by here. (and most places I would think!!!) So, ok (getting there...you should know how I write by NOW!!!) :P So I thought SW was a budget airline basically. Well, that's good for the most part...but I'm nervous enough when I fly that I want to fly a major carrier that is NOT known to be a budget airline...as to me, budget=cheap=not as good (with airlines, not with most other things around our house anyway...I would love Gucci and Coach, but we're not about affordin' THAT right now! :lol: ) I bet a lot of nervous flyers might feel the same way I do...I'm not taking a budget airline overseas...I'm scared enough to fly already...ya know? Just a long, rambling thought. :) M.

Southwest Airlines isn't A budget carrier, it is THE budget carrier that companies like EasyJet based themselves on.

Do you know how many passengers have died in accidents on board Southwest Airlines? Zero. That's right....zero. They've NEVER had a major catastrophe, so there goes the budget theory. My cousin is one of the ones making sure you're safe in the air when you fly Southwest, so it offends me when people assume that Southwest Airlines cuts corners on safety. I can assure you that they do NOT, and their safety record speaks for itself.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Southwest Airlines isn't A budget carrier, it is THE budget carrier that companies like EasyJet based themselves on.

Do you know how many passengers have died in accidents on board Southwest Airlines? Zero. That's right....zero. They've NEVER had a major catastrophe, so there goes the budget theory. My cousin is one of the ones making sure you're safe in the air when you fly Southwest, so it offends me when people assume that Southwest Airlines cuts corners on safety. I can assure you that they do NOT, and their safety record speaks for itself.

Well they did have that little ordeal while landing at Chicago Midway a year or so ago. No one on board died but there was a death on the ground. A lot of ithe reason there have been no major catastrophes has to do with the fact that they have not been around as long as the legacy airlines.

On another note...isn't Southwest one of the worst airlines for lost luggage?

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Timeline

*sigh* I specifically said please don't be offended...it was just a passing thought. I can't make you not be offended, so whatever, but it was intended as a serious thought by me, not as something I just threw out there to be rude....I'm glad their safety record is stellar...glad to hear it!!

Btw, I'm sure when people rag on United, etc. someone on this board has some sort of relation to someone who works there too. Can't please everyone! :) Night all. M.

ETA: Also, I never said budget =cheap I said TO ME budget=cheap...in other words, it's what it makes me think of, and that makes me uneasy..not that it's so. Big difference. That's something you should be able to understand with a fear of flying yourself...differnt things make dif. people feel unsafe. and your cousin isn't making me feel safe, becasue I don't fly SW. M.

Edited by MichelleandCraig

ManU2.jpg

Well they did have that little ordeal while landing at Chicago Midway a year or so ago. No one on board died but there was a death on the ground. A lot of ithe reason there have been no major catastrophes has to do with the fact that they have not been around as long as the legacy airlines.

On another note...isn't Southwest one of the worst airlines for lost luggage?

So? Do you want to know how many ordeals American and Delta have had at DFW ALONE? One of the most vivid memories of childhood that I have is arriving at DFW in 1985 when my parents were putting my brother on a plane to San Antonio and seeing the smoldering wreckage of a Delta L-1011 where over 100 people were killed. The only intact part of the plane that I saw was the tail section; the rest of it was shattered into a zillion pieces.

I've also seen a Delta plane throw an engine fan through the fuselage and kill people, and I've seen several American jets at DFW with collapsed landing gear.

Your theory about Southwest not having been around long enough is, frankly, rubbish. Look at how many mishaps other US carriers have relative to the number of segments they fly and the size of their fleet, then look at Southwest. That's the only meaningful statistic you should pay any attention to. A company could be around for 80 years and that does NOT make it safe. :rolleyes: Go to AirDisaster.com sometime and do some research.

As for lost luggage, I've never had any problems with Southwest. Ever. Nor has anyone that I know.

Read these and weep:

http://www.airsafe.com/airline.htm

Edited by homesick_american

*sigh* I specifically said please don't be offended...it was just a passing thought. I can't make you not be offended, so whatever, but it was intended as a serious thought by me, not as something I just threw out there to be rude....I'm glad their safety record is stellar...glad to hear it!!

Btw, I'm sure when people rag on United, etc. someone on this board has some sort of relation to someone who works there too. Can't please everyone! :) Night all. M.

ETA: Also, I never said budget =cheap I said TO ME budget=cheap...in other words, it's what it makes me think of, and that makes me uneasy..not that it's so. Big difference. That's something you should be able to understand with a fear of flying yourself...differnt things make dif. people feel unsafe. and your cousin isn't making me feel safe, becasue I don't fly SW. M.

I don't think he's going to cry himself to sleep if you don't fly Southwest, but it is stupid to assume that just because it's a budget carrier it is somehow less safe. The company will do just fine without your business, though. :thumbs:

I LOOOOOVE Southwest!!! Their air-miles plan is awesome, and their staff is truely customer-service oriented.

The thing I love about their FCFS seating arrangements is the fact that they seat all the parents-with-small-children before everyone else. (As well as the passengers who require assistance, of course.) That works out wonderfully for me because I then know where all the crying/screaming/kicking little ones are seated and can find a seat well away from them. With assigned seating you don't have that option.

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Timeline

Thanks for assuming I'm stupid because I had a passing thought. I'm sure you've heard about what assuming does. :) I'm also sure that SW will be fine..they've never had my business, so "losing" it won't really affect them will it? Ever heard of personal preference??? Oh..and please come down off your high horse before you hurt yourself. Now I *am* out of here... have a good day everyone! :) M.

ManU2.jpg

man....

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

:pop:

got some beer brother?

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

got some beer brother?

of course :thumbs: only in bottles, i can't stand canned beer.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Thanks for assuming I'm stupid because I had a passing thought. I'm sure you've heard about what assuming does. :) I'm also sure that SW will be fine..they've never had my business, so "losing" it won't really affect them will it? Ever heard of personal preference??? Oh..and please come down off your high horse before you hurt yourself. Now I *am* out of here... have a good day everyone! :) M.

Nobody actually called you stupid, but your theory that a budget airline is less safe than a flag carrier is stupid. And wrong.

got some beer brother?

of course :thumbs: only in bottles, i can't stand canned beer.

you my brother charles, are a right thinking type of guy

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg