WifeOHunkyJohn

House Republicans introduce immigration bill

67 posts in this topic

not going to happen brother..first, bush is against it and does enough to look like he is a leader, when the public become restless.. ..2nd, dems. have no political gain for doing it...do not want to alienate the hispanic voters in the next presidential election///

it be allot of talk and no action..like always from both parties...

Edited by almaty

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Something can be worse than nothing. Throwing 18,000 CBP employees doesn't address the 11 million here, and telling big ag that they don't need to house their workers or pay them fair wages, in fact, they can even ensure that if you're legal, your paycheck will be held hostage until you leave... what incentive would I have, were I illegal, to bother to get legal? They aren't actually enforcing people already in the country, so why the hell would I agree to have my paycheck held hostage on the assumption I can continue to slip under the radar?

I think people underestimate the challenge in terms of dealing with the 11-20 million illegals already here (as the estimates vary). I'm still somewhat sceptical of how exactly we're going to enforce employment laws in an effective way that will differ significantly from how we've gone about it in the past. But I think you're right that Draconian measures don't provide an incentive to become legal - and stamping out the black market labour trade (as with any other black market) would seem to be an exercise in futility IMO.

Sure, and this one has the bonus of doing nothing to impact most illegals at all. Score!

Poo-poo all you want. This is exactly what I want to see happen and it will work if the government lives up to it's word. (I know, when have they ever!) Sooner or later the American people will rise up and put an end to this insanity. We will never accept 10 million invaders being allowed a pass.

Something can be worse than nothing. Throwing 18,000 CBP employees doesn't address the 11 million here, and telling big ag that they don't need to house their workers or pay them fair wages, in fact, they can even ensure that if you're legal, your paycheck will be held hostage until you leave... what incentive would I have, were I illegal, to bother to get legal? They aren't actually enforcing people already in the country, so why the hell would I agree to have my paycheck held hostage on the assumption I can continue to slip under the radar?

I think people underestimate the challenge in terms of dealing with the 11-20 million illegals already here (as the estimates vary). I'm still somewhat sceptical of how exactly we're going to enforce employment laws in an effective way that will differ significantly from how we've gone about it in the past. But I think you're right that Draconian measures don't provide an incentive to become legal - and stamping out the black market labour trade (as with any other black market) would seem to be an exercise in futility IMO.

They don't need an "incentive" to become legal. They need to be given no choice to become legal. This isn't a multiple choice option here. Other countries can control their borders and enforce their laws. We can do it also. I say to make the penalties for non-compliance so harsh that they have no choice! The only thing I would like to see added to this bill is to make someone that sneaks across the border a felon!

Filed: Timeline
i doubt is it passes..and if so, bush veto it

Vetos can be overridden.

nah, not by the dems..they will not support it.........

Dems are pro-amnesty?

Does a bear sh*t in the woods? Is the Pope German?

The Dems are betting their political future on millions of amnestied illegal aliens to become US citizens and to vote for the party that panders to them...the Democrats. That is Teddy Kennedy's claim to fame and the name of his lame game. The game is pandering and patronage. Teddy is sleazier than George W and has been at it longer.

Cheap votes and cheap labor unite to screw the American people. :angry:

This Democrat voter (not a party member) is NOT pro-amnesty.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Timeline

They don't need an "incentive" to become legal. They need to be given no choice to become legal. This isn't a multiple choice option here. Other countries can control their borders and enforce their laws. We can do it also. I say to make the penalties for non-compliance so harsh that they have no choice! The only thing I would like to see added to this bill is to make someone that sneaks across the border a felon!

The test will be in the practicalities. The bill is all but irrelevant (i.e. business as usual) if it is not backed up by a substantive betterment of the existing law enforcement infrastructure.

The test will be in the practicalities. The bill is all but irrelevant (i.e. business as usual) if it is not backed up by a substantive betterment of the existing law enforcement infrastructure.

I agree with that. I have a feeling that the day is over for lip service followed by business as usual. Any politician that tries that with immigration now will find themselves on the street at the next election. The country has had enough of this BS.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
finally a bill that makes it a felony to knowingly break the law. don't let some(you know who you are.."the amnesty for all / its a political issue clan") of the canada board know. they'll get up on their soap boxes & call you unamerican for supporting the law.

Not even remotely close to being true, but whatever gets you through the day! :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
finally a bill that makes it a felony to knowingly break the law. don't let some(you know who you are.."the amnesty for all / its a political issue clan") of the canada board know. they'll get up on their soap boxes & call you unamerican for supporting the law.

Not even remotely close to being true, but whatever gets you through the day! :)

Seriously. :wacko:

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
i doubt is it passes..and if so, bush veto it
Vetos can be overridden.
nah, not by the dems..they will not support it.........
Dems are pro-amnesty?

Sadly, with few exceptions, yes.

I am one of your few exceptions.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

I agree with that. I have a feeling that the day is over for lip service followed by business as usual. Any politician that tries that with immigration now will find themselves on the street at the next election. The country has had enough of this BS.

Here is my prediction. Immigration, along with Iraq will be one of the big touchstone issues for the upcoming 2008 election. Both parties will made grandiose claims about what they plan to do – but ultimately any radical proposal will be gutted from within and without by compromise and partisan in-fighting. I’m not sure if I trust any of these party people to make promises that they actually have the intention and ability to fulfill – but they’ll make them just the same. Completely cynically of course.

Here is my prediction. Immigration, along with Iraq will be one of the big touchstone issues for the upcoming 2008 election. Both parties will made grandiose claims about what they plan to do – but ultimately any radical proposal will be gutted from within and without by compromise and partisan in-fighting. I’m not sure if I trust any of these party people to make promises that they actually have the intention and ability to fulfill – but they’ll make them just the same. Completely cynically of course.

I also agree with that. And I think most Americans see that also. That is why I will make my prediction for the next election. There will be a clean sweep in congress. If the new congress people don't deliver then 2 years later there will be another clean sweep. I have personally had enough of both sides of the isle. I will not vote for anyone that doesn't live up to their promises.

Timeline

I also agree with that. And I think most Americans see that also. That is why I will make my prediction for the next election. There will be a clean sweep in congress. If the new congress people don't deliver then 2 years later there will be another clean sweep. I have personally had enough of both sides of the isle. I will not vote for anyone that doesn't live up to their promises.

That's really why there's a lot of mediocrity in politics. Nothing will change I think until people get really fed up, to the extent that they'll start becoming politically active themselves instead of relying on these party types to keep promises they had no intention of keeping to begin with.

That's really why there's a lot of mediocrity in politics. Nothing will change I think until people get really fed up, to the extent that they'll start becoming politically active themselves instead of relying on these party types to keep promises they had no intention of keeping to begin with.

With approval ratings is the low 20's I would say that people are getting "fed up" with congress.