JER2020

N-400 July 2020 Filers (merged)

1,097 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Emad Mo said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but this "wait time" count down means nothing. Once you reach to end of it it changes to "We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time."

Maybe it meant something before but for the moment, although some ASC centers have started opening up, nobody in this forum (even April or late march filers) received a biometric appointment and it makes sense that USCIS schedules appointments on first come first serve basis.   

With the Covid 19 and likely furlough I would not expect a biometric appointment any time soon and neither should you. USCIS announced that they are not waiting for biometrics to process applications so if they are right you should not be worried about the delays. 

Enjoy your time. This is a waiting game like any other step of our immigration journey. 

It's funny because I have another 4 years on my green card but now that I submitted my application I want instant results 😂. Forget the fact that there is truly no rush because it's not like it'd be complete in time for elections.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thought I was a June filer but they didn't 'accept' the package until July 3 and cash the check on July 13 so here I am...

Paperwork sent to Texas. Presumably Tampa field office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Emad Mo said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but this "wait time" count down means nothing. Once you reach to end of it it changes to "We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time."

Maybe it meant something before but for the moment, although some ASC centers have started opening up, nobody in this forum (even April or late march filers) received a biometric appointment and it makes sense that USCIS schedules appointments on first come first serve basis.   

With the Covid 19 and likely furlough I would not expect a biometric appointment any time soon and neither should you. USCIS announced that they are not waiting for biometrics to process applications so if they are right you should not be worried about the delays. 

Enjoy your time. This is a waiting game like any other step of our immigration journey. 

Well, there wasn't any bubble at all to begin with 😄 I was  simply curious as to what it meant.  At first, I thought it meant that was how long it'll take to get the NOA, but obviously I received that much sooner, so was wondering what that meant.  Will simply ignore it if there's really not much relevance to it.  Thanks for your response!

Sept 6 - NOA1

Oct 3 - NOA2
??? - case sent to NVC
??? - NVC received
??? - case number assigned
??? - AOS bill paid
??? - called NVC to review DS-261 and get IV invoice unlocked
??? - IV bill paid
??? - submit DS-260
??? - send IV/AOS package

??? - scan date

2 hours ago, beans said:

It's funny because I have another 4 years on my green card but now that I submitted my application I want instant results 😂. Forget the fact that there is truly no rush because it's not like it'd be complete in time for elections.

Let me make you feel better: If you walk back 30 days from election date (which is typically the deadline for voter registration in most of states) you will left with 75 days or so for your whole application which is quite unheard of even in ideal circumstances ;) It looks like Maine and Vermont elections are not going to be close calls this election, so relax. Next time we will both vote together!

Edited by Emad Mo

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone on the same boat as me? 11mos estimate. I am from East Bay Cali. I see other state has like 5 mos only.

DD3362AB-7138-49F9-8F27-8CF5D542C8CC.jpeg

Applied early morning on Monday, online. How long approximately until I see first NOA in my document tab? And will I get any email/sms notification? Thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, Phoenix777 said:

Applied early morning on Monday, online. How long approximately until I see first NOA in my document tab? And will I get any email/sms notification? Thanks 

For me it took a whole weekend because I filed on a Friday, so they only got to it the following Monday. So perhaps you'll receive yours today or tomorrow.

The only email you get is the one you got when you paid for the petition, confirmation of payment. The NOA1 will show up under the documents tab, like you said, and then you'll also receive a hardcopy of it in the mail.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Guys here is my update. Filed online on July 20 at 6am. Received the receipt notice the same day (not sure if that is NOA1 or not), my case status says Estimated case completion time is January 2021 (6 months) and Estimated wait time is 4 days (not sure what it means). Is estimated wait time is for NOA1 or what? paid through my credit card which is still pending.

Im joining you all. I just submitted my N400 (1:45 am). It has already been debited in my account.

I am in Houston, it maybe longer wait time for me. But hoping for the best. 
Still have 5 years left on my Green Card hopefully I won’t max it out 😂

Best of Luck to us.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 minutes ago, OK83 said:

Greeting, I will be collecting all document for N400 application. I have one question . Do we need to send credit report [ experien, Equifax...] for N400 application. I send mine and spouse during ROC application which get approved recently.  thanks, appreciate

No.

K-1, AOS, ROC, Citizenship timeline below:

Spoiler

Met in school summer of 2011, started dating May 2012, engaged June 2016

07/15/2016 - Sent K-1 visa documents                    04/20/2017 - Mailed AOS package                                              09/16/2019 - Mailed ROC package to wrong center

07/19/2016 - NOA1 (California Service Center)         04/23/2017 - AOS package delivered                                          09/19/2019 - Printed everything again and mailed it correctly

09/02/2016 - NOA2 (45 days)                                 04/29/2017 - AOS text and email notifications                             09/23/2019 - ROC Case Was Received

09/15/2016 - NVC case number assigned                 05/04/2017 - NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP                            12/02/2019 - Biometrics Appointment (Got notice late, missed appt)

09/29/2016 - Case is "Ready" at embassy                05/22/2017 - Biometrics taken                                                   12/09/2019 - Biometrics taken, walk-in

10/06/2016 - Got an interview date!                        06/14/2017 - Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview            12/10/2019 - Fingerprint Review Was Completed

11/06/2016 - Scheduled the medical!                       08/03/2017 - Interview is Scheduled                                           04/22/2020 - Case Was Received At My Local Office

12/06/2016 - Medical done!                                    09/06/2017 - Interview time!                                                     05/22/2020 - New Card Is Being Produced

12/12/2016 - Interview done! Visa approved!            09/06/2017 - RFE for (lost) medical                                            05/26/2020 - Case Was Approved

12/16/2016 - Visa issued                                         09/19/2017 - New medical submitted (in person)                         05/30/2020 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

12/19/2016 - Passport with visa, envelope in hand     09/26/2017 - New Card is Being Produced (online update)                                       (First class mail, tracking provided)                     

01/11/2017 - POE!!!                                               09/29/2017 - Received I-797 Approval Notice                                                  06/28/2020 - N-400 application window opens!

04/06/2017 - Married                                                                              Card Was Mailed to Me                                                 07/13/2020 - N-400 application submitted!

10/04/2017 - Green card in hand!                                                                  11/23/2020 - Called for a service request

12/04/2020 - Biometrics scheduled online notice

12/31/2020 - Biometrics appointment

06/24/2021 - Interview Notice (interview on 7/27/2021)

Timeline

Hi Everyone, I decided to view my case snapshot on the USCIS website as I applied online, what I found disturbing was that none of the documents I uploaded were listed there!  I'm sure I verified all documents were successfully uploaded before sending the application.  Find the snapshot below.  I'm freaking out right now, anyone else noticed something similar, is there anything I can do about it?

image.png.8b16000a62b1cfd836320d371294799f.png

Sept 6 - NOA1

Oct 3 - NOA2
??? - case sent to NVC
??? - NVC received
??? - AOS bill paid
??? - IV bill paid
??? - submit DS-260

??? - scan date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 minute ago, Efquake said:

Hi Everyone, I decided to view my case snapshot on the USCIS website as I applied online, what I found disturbing was that none of the documents I uploaded were listed there!  I'm sure I verified all documents were successfully uploaded before sending the application.  Find the snapshot below.  I'm freaking out right now, anyone else noticed something similar, is there anything I can do about it?

image.png.8b16000a62b1cfd836320d371294799f.png

It's a well-known bug. If I were you I would upload everything again to hopefully avoid a potential RFE

There are several threads on this subject. People need to use Internet Explorer when filing the N-400, it seems to have the most success of all the browsers. Also, NO logging out in between uploading the documents and clicking "submit". When you log out the uploads disappear, so uploading should be the absolute last thing you do before clicking submit.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Scandi said:

It's a well-known bug. If I were you I would upload everything again to hopefully avoid a potential RFE

There are several threads on this subject. People need to use Internet Explorer when filing the N-400, it seems to have the most success of all the browsers. Also, NO logging out in between uploading the documents and clicking "submit". When you log out the uploads disappear, so uploading should be the absolute last thing you do before clicking submit.

Oh my!  And here I was thinking I had done all the right things!  Will upload everything again, and be sure to use IE this time.  Thanks a lot for your quick response!

Sept 6 - NOA1

Oct 3 - NOA2
??? - case sent to NVC
??? - NVC received
??? - AOS bill paid
??? - IV bill paid
??? - submit DS-260

??? - scan date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.