Hilde

Rio de Janeiro Interview

316 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, chrisbonatto said:

@JLVS22BR might have a better picture of these numbers. He was dq'ed on september 19th and got his letter last week of december, for an interview in february. He is also EB2, so I'm not sure about IR1s. I think family based green cards should be faster tho

I've also received a RFE (checklist) regarding one of the submitted civil documents. It took them approximately two weeks after receiving the documents (it's a paper petition so I had to mail everything) to get my case DQ. After that, 100 days to get the IL. By the end of december they were scheduling interviews for february, so I think that they keep doing well about the backlog. If you take a look at the latest Monthly Immigrant Visa Issuance Statistics (November), there were 49 IR1 visas issued at the Rio Consulate, keeping the trend from the month before (October were 50).

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I got DQ last Monday on Feb 27th (IR1 Visa) and I'm waitng for the interview letter.

I hope the wait is not too long!!

Edited by Edtab
spelled wrong date

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Last week I got an email from NVC informing that my expedite request for appointment was accepted. They said my case would be shipped to Rio immediatly. But still no sign of IL or appointment date. Case status remains "AT NVC". 

Anyone in similar situation?

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/14/2023 at 12:25 PM, MarcusPires said:

Last week I got an email from NVC informing that my expedite request for appointment was accepted. They said my case would be shipped to Rio immediatly. But still no sign of IL or appointment date. Case status remains "AT NVC". 

Anyone in similar situation?

Congrats, let us know when you get your IL. I changed consulate from Montreal to Rio and I can't access my case in CEAC's website. Anybody experienced the same?

Timeline
On 3/21/2023 at 4:02 PM, Flavio said:

NVC usually takes 2 weeks to ship to Brazilian consulate. After that more two weeks or more for the Brazilian consulate contact you per email with you appointment date. Don't worry, it's a process and they don't fail.

I switched consulate and even though all documents were submitted on March 4th, I believe my documents will only be reviewed when Rio accepts it? Is that true?

Timeline
On 3/27/2023 at 9:41 AM, Flavio said:

I believe so. Was not NVC/Rio consulate that accepted your expedite letter?

No, I submitted documents on March 4th and Rio consulate has already received my documents. However there is no sign of documents being analyzed. NVC is reviewing cases from March 21, 2023 as of April 3, 2023.

Does anybody know how long does it take for NVC to analyze your case and issue DQ or RFE?

Timeline

I got DQ April 6th and the message says "The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas". I guess it's waiting for the interview in Rio. Bases on data points from here, it takes around 100 days, anybody has any new information for E1 visas?

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Have all the family based CR1/IR1 DQ holders from 2020 and 2021 had their interviews re-scheduled?

We submitted all our docs to NVC on May 12, 2023,  DQ'd on May 25th.   Still waiting for the interview date, based on https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Brazil&cty=Rio De Janereiro thinking roughly June 15th we will get the interview date.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/20/2021 at 9:02 AM, raphy2021 said:

Timeline: I was DQ and my case was stuck at NVC since May 2020

• December 29th 2020   Expedite Request sent to NVCExpedite@state.gov
  • January 08th 2021 NVC acknowledges that they received it and are reviewing it
  • January 16th 2021 US Consulate accepted my expedite request
  • January 19th 2021 I got an email from NVC saying that my immigration appointment was cancelled even though there was no such appointment scheduled in the first place
  • January 20th 2021 NVC sends an email saying that my case was expedited and sent to the US Consulate 
  • January 21st 2021 US Consulate contacts me and asks where I am willing to do my medical exams (Brasilia, Belo Horizonte, Sao Paulo or Rio)
  • January 22nd 2021 US Consulate gets me in touch with physician of choice and authorizes me to do my medical exams.
  • January 29th 2021 Medical exams were completed
  • February 2nd 2021 US Consulate contacted me after receiving the medical exams and scheduled my interview to February 08th 2021 at 10am. Also they instructed me to go to the RIO ASC at 7am to have my biometrics/fingerprints taken.
  • February 8th 2021 I went to the RIO ASC to have my biometrics taken at 7am and I had my interview. Visa was approved and issued on the same day. The officer who interviewed me even danced after she saw I got it on my passport. 

Wait, you can get your visa issued the same day? I thought it takes days to process and up to two weeks to have it sent through the mail. 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Transferred? Potomac Service Center on 2022-07-01
Consulate : Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Marriage (if applicable): 2022-06-21
I-130 Sent : 2022-06-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2022-06-29

Filed: IR-2 Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, jm1409 said:

Wait, you can get your visa issued the same day? I thought it takes days to process and up to two weeks to have it sent through the mail. 

Hi there!

At the time of my interview barely any IR-2/CR-2 visas were being issued (back when COVID was at its peak), that definitely helped me be able to have the visa issued on the same day since they were not processing any other visas at that time.

Also another thing that helped was asking if it would be possible to have it issued on the same day, had I not asked, we would have probably had to wait 2 weeks like everyone else. 

Edited by raphy2021

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/3/2023 at 12:12 PM, Troy B said:

Have all the family based CR1/IR1 DQ holders from 2020 and 2021 had their interviews re-scheduled?

We submitted all our docs to NVC on May 12, 2023,  DQ'd on May 25th.   Still waiting for the interview date, based on https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Brazil&cty=Rio De Janereiro thinking roughly June 15th we will get the interview date.

Update, today June 26th @ 4:22am Brazil time, we got the Immigrant Visa Interview Appointment for Aug 7th.   Going to wait a day before trying to contact the medical

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Some notes:  the doctor in RJ my wife called that office, and was told to email. They only responded when being emailed in Portuguese.

Depending on age of the applicant depends on what tests have to be performed,  the documentation said the tests have to be done 4 days before the medical appointment,  and the medical appointment has to be at least 4 days before the interview at the consulate.   Were told that the RX emails the scans to the doctor, and the doctor emails to the consulate.   Also the medical only requires 6 (not 10) 3x4 cm photos.   And it seems near impossible to get a 51mm square photo here in Brazil.   So taking 2 5x5 cm photos instead.  And the CASV finally recognized her case number when i checked at 00:46 on the 29th of June.

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.